TJ staying for cheaper? **EDIT**

Clackwoods

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAIR OFFER?? To who TJ? I am glad with didnt sign him for 5 years at that type of money!! The guy didnt wanta be here anyways see ya goodluck

If you look at the money recievers are these days, that was a more than fair deal. I forgot how tight all of us Cincinnatians are with are money, if you want something good, you gotta pay!

It says something to our players, liek "Well your really good, but if you won't accept $10.00 and hour we are going to have to let you leave".

Spend some f**king money, we have plenty of cap room for christ sake

No bitterness from this chair.

Props to TJ for getting paid. Yours is the type of career that's been easy to cheer for.

Props to the Seahawks for bumping their offer by 3 million guaranteed. That's getting it done.

And props to the Bengals for knowing when to step away. Your bid wasn't enough to get it done, but was better than mine would have been.

We move on.

And I guess I need to figure out who my new favorite Bengal is.

I am giving the bengals credit i am just saying good look and TJ did a great job of milking the amount he got I THINK HE IS BEING PAID WAY TO MUCH and glad we didnt pay that for him

Saving $ here doesn't matter, the Bengals' don't use it wisely, if at all, any ways. The Bengals' BLEW this one, just like they do everything else, it's why they suck every year...there's a reason, and moves like this are why.

I wonder how Chad will react.

I am giving the bengals credit i am just saying good look and TJ did a great job of milking the amount he got I THINK HE IS BEING PAID WAY TO MUCH and glad we didnt pay that for him

Saving $ here doesn't matter, the Bengals' don't use it wisely, if at all, any ways. The Bengals' BLEW this one, just like they do everything else, it's why they suck every year...there's a reason, and moves like this are why.

I wonder how Chad will react.

Chad will be happy if Coles is here.

No bitterness from this chair.

Props to TJ for getting paid. Yours is the type of career that's been easy to cheer for.

Props to the Seahawks for bumping their offer by 3 million guaranteed. That's getting it done.

And props to the Bengals for knowing when to step away. Your bid wasn't enough to get it done, but was better than mine would have been.

We move on.

And I guess I need to figure out who my new favorite Bengal is.

My sentiments exactly.

It's time for Simpson and Caldwell to step up. I'm comfortable with Chad, Henry, Chatman, Simpson and Caldwell as the top 5 receivers on the depth chart. I would like to see us add a receiver with some real return ability and ideally on both kickoffs and punts.

The guy had a great career here and gave it his all on the field. It's a sad day, really, but it's time to move on to hopefully bigger and better things.

Guess Chad was wrong and Deion was right.

As of this moment the Bengals' have either lost or have unsigned their leading rusher, receiver, and starting RT. I don't have a problem with Andrews leaving, but what led to him having to be franchised last year in the first place was just more stupid personnel management and lack of good judgemental foresight.

They apparently have no plans to delve into anything but lower tier FA's again, and the draft, to replace them. This never works. I doubt they surprise me there.

They've done this for 4 years in a row now, letting their offense decline, and really doing nothing of note to improve it. Putting all their chips in their QB per the norm, when they find a good one.

TJ was a guy you could count on every week and a guy who played hurt and still produced. He wore his emotions on his sleeve at times, because he has high standards and wanted to win games. He took care of his body, bulked up, and has several good years left in him (see Rod Smith for an example of stability a guy like that can give your offense in his 30's).

I stand by the fact this was a mistake. The Bengals' wouldn't match, apparently, and the Seahags got it done. Either you want to keep the guy or you don't, farting around over $3mm for your rock WR is just typical, cheap, stupid Bengals' personnel philosophy.

No GM, no changes, just more of the same folks.

I thought it was a good move by the Bengals as well. Brings to mind a wonderful song ..."you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to RUN!"

Agreed, but I'm guessing they didn't run. Mort is claiming the Seahawks final offer of 15 million guaranteed was 2 million more than the Bengals offered. If accurate the Bengals bumped their previous offer by 3 million guaranteed...an amount that would have temporarily bettered the amount Seattle was said to have offered earlier.

I stand by the fact this was a mistake. The Bengals' wouldn't match, apparently, and the Seahags got it done. Either you want to keep the guy or you don't, farting around over $3mm for your rock WR is just typical, cheap, stupid Bengals' personnel philosophy.

Blah, blah, blah.

In you humble opinion, how much would have been too much to pay? Three million more guaranteed, right? So what happens when the other guy tops that offer? Because you know TJ is going to give the Seahawks the chance to bid last. What happens when they bump your bump?

Good luck and thanks for the memories TJ. It looks like the Bengalscould now get 2 high comp picks next year.

Well, I guess it's good to be known for something. Welcome to Cincinnati, home of the inordinately high number of inordinately high compensatory picks...

Thank goodness we don't have to listen to TJ's whining and bitching about how he's not appreciated and how the bengals have not treated him fair. That s**t gets old. I am so tired of those players that think the whole world is against them. He can take his whiney ass to another team.

Good luck TJ and just like Griffey going to the Mariners, I now have two reasons to root for Seattle teams.

I'm glad we didn't give him that kind of money though... By all accounts now, TJ was OVERLY impressed with Seattle from the beginning and it would've taken a lot to get him in Minnesota. I think he was just trying to get as much as he could and by the looks of it, he did. Kudos and good luck to TJ...

Thank goodness we don't have to listen to TJ's whining and bitching about how he's not appreciated and how the bengals have not treated him fair. That s**t gets old. I am so tired of those players that think the whole world is against them. He can take his whiney ass to another team.

No more new TJ threads. This is more than enough...

As of this moment the Bengals' have either lost or have unsigned their leading rusher, receiver, and starting RT.

That doesn't worry me. The team that wins the big free-agent signing derby rarely wins anything in the fall. Remember last year's big splash-maker? If you can't recall their name, just look below us in last season's AFC North standings.

Even though we're not a good team, this is the way to get good. Overpaying for 32 year-old receivers is desperate and ultimately futile. In my opinon there is still plenty of time to sign, then draft, some good players.

The Bengals have it right on the two players that have already signed elsewhere. Stacy with a mangled knee for the money the Eagles paid was downright stupid. Too much risk. And TJ for 15 million guaranteed? How many years does he have left? 2 or 3? His yards per catch have gone down every year for the last 4 years, I believe.

Now Benson is trying to incite a bidding war. Am I supposed to get pissed off if the Texans lose their minds and drastically overpay to get a home-state favorite? I won't. We have to let fiscal responsibility and our own cap situation rule our signings, not the whims and stupidity of other organizations. Otherwise you are essentially turning control of your franchise over to whatever other organization decides to bid against you.

T.J. quote from the official site:

"I'm not going to get into what they offered. I don't think it was fair. I'm talking about what it took to get there. The Browns gave me my chance to play in the NFL. I'm thankful to them and I don't have bitterness. You just move on."

I thought we were in the ballpark? Maybe we was expecting an absolutely ridiculous offer from the teams that brought him into the league. He also said that he knew since Saturday that he wasn't coming back.

My thinking is, he knew all along that he wanted out.

I think we're in line for a 3rd and a 3rd/4th in compensatory picks next year. Good deal.