TJ staying for cheaper? **EDIT**

Clackwoods

Tick, Tick, Tick time just keeps passing and holes have yet to be filled with any players. If they loose Housh, and cant sign someone like Coles or somebody, and loose Ced, and dont sign and O-Line this could be such a bad offseason. So i sure hope the housh decides tonight so this team can move on with him or without him.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get all the demand for TJ to re-sign. I like him fine but when we drafted receivers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of his contract year, it was clear the team was preparing to move on. Simpson is a mystery but Caldwell looked ok during his limited time. If I were the team, I'd withdraw the offer to TJ. We need help at other positions like center, backup QB, CB, backup DT, and RB more than we need to keep TJ.

If I were the team, I'd withdraw the offer to TJ.

(((shrug)))

Over at ESPN Mort offered slightly different numbers than the ones previously quoted, but both have the Bengals offering more years and more money but slightly less guaranteed coin. In fact, Mort claims the Bengals topped out at 5 years/10 million guaranteed. The Seahawks and Vikings are offering 2 million more guaranteed, but just 3 year deals.

10 guarenteed!?!? See ya TJ.

After watching what the Bengals did with Willie and Rudi last year...and the threat of cutting Levi this year, if I was TJ the guaranteed money would be what I looked at. Who cares if they tell you that in the last year of your contract you will get $100 mil...if they don't keep you until then you don't get snot. Three years or five years doesn't matter if there isn't guaranteed money.

10 guarenteed!?!? See ya TJ.

.... if I was TJ the guaranteed money would be what I looked at. Who cares if they tell you that in the last year of your contract you will get $100 mil...if they don't keep you until then you don't get snot. Three years or five years doesn't matter if there isn't guaranteed money.

If you're confident you can play out the longer contract, and you're confident the team won't cut you early, the Bengals offer MIGHT be more attractive because there's more total money to be earned. Furthermore, the other offers include more guaranteed money but may also come with phantom years. Either team could very easily cut TJ after two seasons...thereby dumping him into a future FA market as a 33 year old WR looking for a last contract.

If we bring TJ back for that kind of money I really hope they trade Chad, but they take the cap hit in doing so. Not sure, but does anyone know what the cap hit is going to be in order to trade Chad this year ??

I think if we do resign TJ then we can say La Ve to Chad. He will be traded for a number one pick. We will draft a RB in round 1.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh will sign a multi-year deal with the Seahawks, according to the National Football Post.

Seattle was offering at least $2M more than both the Vikings and Bengals. The 'Hawks were also desperate for a durable wideout. Housh was a flanker in Cincinnati and that's Deion Branch's position in Seattle. Branch could now be moved to the slot or cut, as it was rumored he might be in the winter.

Source: National Football Post

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh will sign a multi-year deal with the Seahawks, according to the National Football Post.

Seattle was offering at least $2M more than both the Vikings and Bengals. The 'Hawks were also desperate for a durable wideout. Housh was a flanker in Cincinnati and that's Deion Branch's position in Seattle. Branch could now be moved to the slot or cut, as it was rumored he might be in the winter.

Source: National Football Post

Goodbye TJ, have fun catching passes from Seneca Wallace when Hasselback goes down on IR.

Let's go and sign Coles now. Thanks for the time here TJ!

Good luck TJ. Even though he got more money, I believe he would have signed for less than we were offering. TJ just wanted out of here. Kind of like how the sane member of an extremely dysfunctional family finally just leaves. Chad would always blab about how he and TJ were so close, and he needed TJ, etc. But TJ never said much about it. I think he'd just had enough drama. Also, not having to face the Steelers' and Ravens' defenses twice a season probably has some appeal.