TJ staying for cheaper? **EDIT**

Clackwoods

It's like um NFC WEST not like it's that hard to contend in...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the NFC West Arizona Cardinals come VERY close to winning the Superbowl? :huh:

Didn't they also go 9-7 and not win a game outside of the division since week 6? :P They played great in the playoffs but still wasn't that hard for them to take the division.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like um NFC WEST not like it's that hard to contend in...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the NFC West Arizona Cardinals come VERY close to winning the Superbowl? :huh:

Well it's between them and the NFC North. No reason to argue over that.

Welcome back TJ cya Chad.

Don't get too happy I don't think he's coming back, plus I'm starting to lose love for him with his perceived salivation with these other teams such as Indy and Philly. How he would put up way more yards with Indy as oppossed to the Bengals and this and that, make me a believer. He pissed me off by not showing up for offseason workouts without a legitimate reason why, show some veteren mentorship by doing things right. If the Bengals have truly indeed offered him that much money he should have been on that plane coming back to sign that contract if he really wanted to be here. Let's take that money that we offered him and use it toward Ward and Benson; I would take that over T.J. anyday. We drafted two receivers in the first three rounds last year let's make them show their worth. Get two legitimate running backs and that will open up that passing game for those second year receivers plus Henry and Chad. I would be on Simpson butt this offseason he needs to be at the facility just as much as anybody working with the receiver coach and probably Carson. Good luck T.J. with Tavaris Jackson or Sage we will see how frustrated you will be by week six with either one of them throwing to you.

Gotta love this quote from Bengals.com:

"This deal," Houshmandzadeh said over the weekend, "is going to take care of my kids."

Give me a freaking break.

I get the whole "taking care of my family" thing, but to me it's a bit over done. I mean the first million wasn't enough to accomplish that task ?? Nice to know living above your means is still alive and well !!!

Update for you on TJ:

We are no longer working on a tip that T.J. Houshmandzadeh has left town. We are now confirming that the free-agent wide receiver is no longer in the Twin Cities and was on a 9:35 flight last night to Los Angeles.

Take that for what it's worth, but he lives in LA, so it doesn't mean much. Maybe just telling the family that they are moving to Minnesota...

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2563

Update for you on TJ:

We are no longer working on a tip that T.J. Houshmandzadeh has left town. We are now confirming that the free-agent wide receiver is no longer in the Twin Cities and was on a 9:35 flight last night to Los Angeles.

Take that for what it's worth, but he lives in LA, so it doesn't mean much. Maybe just telling the family that they are moving to Minnesota...

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2563

Here's the (over)optimist in me. If he were signing with Seattle or Minnesota, would he not stay there for a press conference?

"This deal," Houshmandzadeh said over the weekend, "is going to take care of my kids."

I get the whole "taking care of my family" thing, but to me it's a bit over done. I mean the first million wasn't enough to accomplish that task ?? Nice to know living above your means is still alive and well !!!

Dude, a million dollars isn't that much. That's like a few years salary for most people. You aren't going to be able to just work a few years, retire and then be able to take care of your kids that well.

Dude, a million dollars isn't that much. That's like a few years salary for most people. You aren't going to be able to just work a few years, retire and then be able to take care of your kids that well.

A few years salary huh ?? Wow, I didn't know I was the only poor f*cker on the site. Must be nice to not consider a million dollars not that much. I could pay for a house, a couple cars, education, and still have money left over. That must suck !!!

Not to give away too much info here, but that is more than ten years for me and I don't have a shot at public appearances and endorsements. JP, you do much better than me.

A few years salary huh ?? Wow, I didn't know I was the only poor f*cker on the site. Must be nice to not consider a million dollars not that much. I could pay for a house, a couple cars, education, and still have money left over. That must suck !!!

You aren't the only poor person on this site. Math tutors don't make squat. I think what Housh meant was that he wanted to make sure his kids were filthy rich for the rest of their lives.

I have a feeling the money is probably close between the Vikes and Bengals, but it is going to come down to two things. I think on one hand, he looks at the Vikings as a better opportunity to win a Superbowl, but on the other hand, he could have Carson Palmer throwing to him instead of Tavaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels, plus I do think he really likes the Bengals coaching staff and his teammates. I just wish Hue Jackson was still here. I think Hue would have been a major factor in Housh's decision making process.

You aren't the only poor person on this site. Math tutors don't make squat. I think what Housh meant was that he wanted to make sure his kids were filthy rich for the rest of their lives.

I have a feeling the money is probably close between the Vikes and Bengals, but it is going to come down to two things. I think on one hand, he looks at the Vikings as a better opportunity to win a Superbowl, but on the other hand, he could have Carson Palmer throwing to him instead of Tavaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels, plus I do think he really likes the Bengals coaching staff and his teammates. I just wish Hue Jackson was still here. I think Hue would have been a major factor in Housh's decision making process.

While you two are arguing about who's dick is smaller, did you see the fact that we are interested in Coles? What are your thought on signing him at a cheaper price than TJ?

March 2, 2009 11:49 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

Houshmandzadeh

At the very least, free agent receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh appears to be torn about his 2009 team.

Houshmandzadeh left Minneapolis late Sunday night, according to Judd Zulgad of the Star Tribune, and returned to his home in Los Angeles without an agreement in place. That development doesn't mean he won't ultimately sign with the Vikings, but he also wasn't ready to commit immediately, either. Cincinnati and Seattle are believed to be his other two suitors.

If Houshmandzadeh is basing his decision purely on playoff potential, you would think Minnesota would be his choice. But the Bengals reportedly have the best financial offer on the table, and both they and the Seahawks might have a more favorable situation at quarterback -- always a primary concern for free-agent receivers.

We'll keep you updated as the day continues.

got this from a blog on espn

While you two are arguing about who's dick is smaller, did you see the fact that we are interested in Coles? What are your thought on signing him at a cheaper price than TJ?

Well, for the record I'm hung like a HORSEfly but that's another story... Yeah, Coles has been mentioned and I honestly think he would do well IF and WHEN the Bengals can protect Carson. Funny how you could say that about a lot of WR's if somehow the Bengals would address that issue.

http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/2009/0...dges_ahead.html

Cincinnati edges ahead in Houshmandzadeh sweepstakes?

One NFL executive said he's heard the Cincinnati Bengals have jumped ahead of the Vikings in the sprint for WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

A decision is expected today, and the Vikings may have to up their offer if they want to sign Houshmandzadeh. At this point, agent Kennard McGuire is probably trying to drive up the price tag for his client, pitting the Vikings against the Bengals.

The receiver made clear in an ESPN the Magazine piece his priority.

"Ray (Lewis) spoke for all of us when he said, 'If you don't play less, you don't take less (money),'" Houshmandzadeh told the Magazine. "I'm nervous about leaving Cincinnati. It will be a huge adjustment, like being a rookie all over again. Moving, getting to know everyone, learning a new team, new players, new coaches, new system -- I can see why guys would take less to stay. But if I have to make a choice between the best team and the best money? I'm not stupid, man. I'll take the money."

So all the speculation that he wants to play for a winner is thrown out of the window, based on that comment.

So if the Vikings want him, they will have to -- borrowing a line from the movie Jerry McGuire -- "show (T.J.) the money."