TJ staying for cheaper? **EDIT**

Clackwoods

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With less than six hours until the start of free agency, the Bengals’ biggest free agent does not have a deal to remain with the team.

Advertisement

Quantcast

T.J. Houshmandzadeh said he has not heard from his agent, Kennard McGuire, about a possible deal to keep the eight-year wide receiver in Cincinnati. The National Football Post reported earlier today that the two sides were close to an agreement.

“The only person from the Bengals who I’ve talked to today is Carson and he said ‘Don’t forget about us,’ ” Houshmandzadeh said.

Straight from the horses mouth this story is false.

here’s the link to what I posted http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090226/SPT02/302260058

oj

February 26, 2009

9:18 pm

Following a report from the that Houshmandzadeh is close to re-signing with the Bengals, Houshmandzadeh said that he hasn’t heard from the team yet, the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.

this is according to rotowire

so far from everything i have seen or read, the bengals seem to be the only team talking to tj.

According to ESPN, T.J. is on his way to Seattle to meet with their brass. If he stays true to his word about signing before Saturday night, it looks like he's going to be a Seahwawk. Seems like Philly isn't all that interested right now.

Cincinnati is a cold-weather city, has poor ownership and has been to one playoff game in the last 20 or so years. We will always have to grossly overpay to get quality FA's, unless at least one of those factors change.

Don't forget the small town atmosphere and tendency to be somewhat socially conservative - not bad things in my opinion, but puts Cincinnati up there with the Utah Jazz in attempting to attract FAs I'm sure.

That's one good reason why teams that are historical losers need to build from within. You have to change perception first before you can attract talent.

Do note, however, there was a time when no self-respecting FA on the planet would go to New England. Now they're practically lining up outside the door. It is possible.

Except Cincinnati was just voted the most unliveable city in America, and Salt Lake City is beautiful and a great place to live. Face it, Cincinnati is viewed as the new armpit of America.

We're screwed (as is Michael Crabtree) if he goes to Seattle, though. If he goes, they probably take the remaining OT between Eugene Monroe/Jason Smith.

Now that I think about it, I'd much rather have Crabtree or the best pash rusher available than Monroe (assuming Jason Smith is long gone), so maybe it's good if T.J. goes to Seatlle after all. Still sucks for Crabtree, though.

I can't see Seattle drafting Crabtree now regardless of where TJ lands.

I can't see the Seattle Seahawks lining up relying on an injury-prone Deion Branch, an equally injury-prone and fumble prone Nate Burleson and a drunk Koren Robinson as their top 3 WR's. If it's not T.J., it will be the only other true impact receiver available this offseason in Crabtree.

i found this one from earlier in the day. Hold onto your butt with both hands..... :lol:

February 27, 2009

CSNPhilly.com

Houshmandzadeh update

OK, so you’re wondering if the Eagles could possibly sign not one but two Cincinnati Bengals this off-season?

Don't count on it.

Tackle Stacy Andrews appears on the verge of signing with the Eagles, but don’t expect wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh to do the same.

Sources have told Gunn that Houshmandzadeh's agent, Kennard McGuire, called the Eagles on Friday and claimed his client was willing to sacrifice salary in order to play in Philadelphia.

But after doing their due diligence, the Eagles discovered that McGuire was actually asking more from them than he was from other teams.

Go figure.

The Eagles, who had little interest in Houshmandzadeh to begin with, told McGuire they’re not interested in the 31-year-old, eight-year veteran.

Except Cincinnati was just voted the most unliveable city in America, and Salt Lake City is beautiful and a great place to live.

Sure it's beautiful...if you like living under the dominion of Mormons. I pass on cults thank you very much.

I bet he signs somewhere else just because of the things he said while leaving town, he was trying to prostitute himself to the Eagles who said no thank you like he had canker sores on his lips, and no other team seems to really want a 32 year old possesion WR...I was once told that you should never burn your bridges, you never know when you may have to come back and cross over it...

Except Cincinnati was just voted the most unliveable city in America, and Salt Lake City is beautiful and a great place to live.

Sure it's beautiful...if you like living under the dominion of Mormons. I pass on cults thank you very much.

don't hate on utah, it's tightly run, but it has wilderness that no ideology can touch.

probably the most beautiful place in this country.