Bengals to offer Franchise Tender to Jeanty

HAPPYJAQ

Rashad is the best, most physical run defender on the team. I also think that Jeanty could play insde in a 3-4, if they ever decide to go that way. It's a no-brainer to tender this guy and hopefully they can sign him long term. He's not even 26 years old yet and came into the league advertised as a solid pash-rusher in Canada. I'd like to see the Bengals turn him lose this year and see what he can do rushing the QB.

I think the linebacker trio os Jeanty, Rivers and Johnson is the best we've had here since the Spikes/Simmons days. Hopefully, they can find a way to get all three on the field at the same time.

The guy has gotten better every year and for those who haven't noticed the run defense takes two steps back whenever Jeanty isn't in the lineup. That said, the lack of a pass rush is odd though because despite his background he doesn't look like he has much of a feel for blitzing...usually doing little more than running into the back of a DL or a clogged lane.

Vilma has already made it known he does not want to leave New Orleans.

You think it has anything to do with those commercials of him patching up houses in NO after Katrina? :P

Cause i can tell you i don't think it's because of their amazing D surrounding him.

To start, the Bengals HAD to get Jeanty back. Without him tendered, it would create a huge hole for the LB corps. Vilma ?? Take him or leave him and agree that he isn't the same LB he was prior to the injury. I don't honestly see him as "much" better than what we already have or will get in the draft. I also don't think tendering ANY of our LB's takes us out of the conversation of taking any of the LB's in the draft, to include Rey Rey. Rey plays MLB, so tendering Jeanty means NOTHING in that regards.

Anyway around they are still going to take a LB at some point during the draft, all this did was enable them to push it a little later if they choose to.

Has Brandon Johnson been tendered yet? Even if they are close to a deal, I would have thought he'd get the tender offer by now.

Yeah, that's kind of interesting. They have until Friday, otherwise he becomes an UFA. Maybe they're working on a long-term deal and that's why they haven't yet offered the tender. He was their best LB last season and can retained for only 1.5 million for next season (2nd round tender). It's hard to imagine they'll flat out let him go for nothing.