Beanie Wells?

HAPPYJAQ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad for both guys. Moreno isn't a top end speed guy so that is about right for him. THe same with Beanie. He is a bruiser not a burner

Yeah, but teams are not going to use a 1st round pick on guys that run that slow in the 40. Matt Forte ran a 4.44 at the Combine after having a 2000 yard season at Tulane and went in the 2nd. Kevin Smith was considered a possible top 10 pick before teams began to question his speed, even though he ran in the 4.4 at the combine.

It's actually a good thing for us if they run slow because #6 might be too high for any of them, but #38 would be great value for any of the top 4 (Moreno, Wells, McCoy or Brown). We have to take a RB early this year.

I would not be that terribly upset with the pick if we dont re-sign benson. But if they interviewed every OL prospect except for Andre Smith it seems clear that is where they are looking.

....but if it's not Andre Smith, who would be the pick at #6? They've got to know that Jason Smith and Monroe will be gone. Would they reach that high for Oher, Beatty or Britton? Maybe it's a sign that the Bengals are looking to trade down. The most impressive O-lineman I've seen outside of Jason Smith are Unger and Wood and I'd be happy with either of them in the 2nd round.

I wouldn't doubt it. I think Oher will be the pick, honsetly.

Yeah, it kind of smells like a Bengals-type pick, doesn't it.

I could see Paul Alexander smiling to himself in thinking he can turn this guy around, who has been called the most physically talented player in the entire draft or in the same discussion with Curry and Crabtree. If we HAVE to go OT, I'd rather have him than Andre Smith and by a longshot. If Oher is right, he could be a steal there and he can play LT by all accounts.

You would have to think that if they determine Oher is their guy, they'll trade down, maybe even sacrificing some value in trades as they did when they fell in love with Chris Perry a few years ago. My mind tells me that they'll go with a "safe pick" in the mold of Keith Rivers and Leon Hall, due to swinging and missing on some high rish/high reward guys (Thurman, Henry, Askew, etc.) in the past.

I like the way things are shaping up, as far as the depth of this draft. We should be able to get a real good player at #38 or we could trade back into the bottom of the 1st round to get a guy like Oher or Moreno. That's another reason I say they should get the biggest impact player, regardless of position (other than QB), with the 1st pick.

The ideal scenario for me right now (outside of taking Raji if Jason Smith or Monroe are not there), would be to trade down into the latter part of the 1st round and pick up an additional 2nd or high 3rd in the process.

I think we just need to devote a thread to each position and that would make things easier than one per player...

Anyway, I still say NO WAY IN HELL should we take any RB with the #6 pick. I like Moreno the most, but only if we trade further down in the first. As much of a Buckeye fan I am, I really wouldn't be interested in Beanie unless he was still there in the 2nd.

All that being said and with the talk of Levi being gone, O-line will (and should) be the pick if we stay at #6. Just do it and move on.

I think we just need to devote a thread to each position and that would make things easier than one per player...

Anyway, I still say NO WAY IN HELL should we take any RB with the #6 pick. I like Moreno the most, but only if we trade further down in the first. As much of a Buckeye fan I am, I really wouldn't be interested in Beanie unless he was still there in the 2nd.

All that being said and with the talk of Levi being gone, O-line will (and should) be the pick if we stay at #6. Just do it and move on.

With Monroe and Jason Smith gone, would you take Andre Smith that high with all of his questions or even Oher at 6? Right now, I'd like to see Raji or Orakpo with the pick, unless we trade down. I see them making the most impact on the team in year 1. The Bengals can't get FA's like either of these guys this year.

I can't say as I would be overwhelmingly comfortable taking Smith at #6, but that's just it, "I" don't have to be comfortable with it, the organization does. Seeing how they've done things in the past, I wouldn't put it past them. Oher is still a mystery to me...

As I've said before, if we MUST take a OT with the 6th pick and Jason Smith and Monroe are gone, I'd much rather have Oher. It's been said that he might be the most physically talented player in the entire draft and is an extremely rare prospect. There's mainly a question about his motivation and how he perceives football. I remember there were those same types of questions about Jonathan Ogden coming out and he slipped right before the draft from the #1 pick to the #4 pick. He ended up doing alright.

Ogden and Oher are both bipeds. Beyond that their names should never be uttered in the same sentence.

You must not follow football outside of the Bengals that closely. By all accounts, he is an extremely rare athlete who some consider to be the best football player and prospect in this draft. The only questions about this guy surround his mental makeup, the same as Ogden when he came out of UCLA in that people wondered how important the game of football was to him.

By all accounts, he is an extremely rare athlete who some consider to be the best football player and prospect in this draft. The only questions about this guy surround his mental makeup, the same as Ogden when he came out of UCLA in that people wondered how important the game of football was to him.

Save it. I've openly questioned Oher's high draft standing for months and complained loudly that his consensus ranking as a Top 5 player was screwing up my entire draft rantings. He's a Top 15 guy I shouted. Yet Oher was once ranked as the top overall prospect on my favorite draft site. The absolute top guy. Gangster #1.

He's ranked 12th now.

:lol:

By all accounts, he is an extremely rare athlete who some consider to be the best football player and prospect in this draft. The only questions about this guy surround his mental makeup, the same as Ogden when he came out of UCLA in that people wondered how important the game of football was to him.

Save it. I've openly questioned Oher's high draft standing for months and complained loudly that his consensus ranking as a Top 5 player was screwing up my entire draft rantings. He's a Top 15 guy I shouted. Yet Oher was once ranked as the top overall prospect on my favorite draft site. The absolute top guy. Gangster #1.

He's ranked 12th now.

:lol:

It's only because of the tremendous boom or bust potential he has. Based on that alone, I'll agree that he shouldn't be a Top 10 pick but a mid 1st round pick, where the financial impact is less if he happens to fail. That said, the guy can play and at his worst (minus him being out of football for whatever recent), he would be a serviceable RT and at least as good as Andre Smith, who I think has already topped out (minue some improvements in technique).

All things being equal, I would ride with the upside there, and that's with Oher....and all of this with a gun to my head, telling me with have to take a OT and Jason Smith and Monroe are already gone.