Combine results

Baraka

Not impressive times from Beanie Wells. A bit surprising. I read that he also looked a little rigid in positional drills, and his hands were just OK.

It will be interesting to see if this hurts his stock significantly. The fears that Mike Brown will take him in the first are subsiding... but will he be able to resist taking him if he's there in the 2nd? My guess is no.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you what.....

Brian Orakpo running a 4.63 and 260+ pounds might've put him in at #6. They talking him up pretty good on the NFL Network, too. I wasn't too high on this guy, but you can't deny that he has rare athleticism and good college production.

So is it safe to resume talking about Orakpo at #6? Because I didn't get much support for the idea when I brought it up months ago.

Until somebody steps up and proves they're better....he's still my guy.

Bengals met with S Rashad Johnson

Good stuff. He's certainly a playmaker but a bit thin for S, you might think.

I really liked him at the Senior Bowl. I find it slightly odd that the Bengals are looking at FS types. Marv spoke highly of Lynch and I would think they would like to have Crocker back to start at FS.

Maybe the Bengals have other plans.

Why is mack falling though I saw NFLDraftcountdown have unger go first even though they had mack higher rated....

Even if we signed Jason Brown I would be up for taking Mack and putting him at LG...then you have a very capable center backup.

PS,agreed Army bring in Mack!

If we sign Jason Brown and then draft Mack, we will be moving Brown to Guard (He is going to command guard money and he played 06 and 07 at guard for the Ravens)

It is a good year for us to have an issue at center because the draft and FA is very deep at center. We have six to choose from between Brown, Birk, Saturday, Mack, Unger, and Wood

Jason Cook, TE, South Carolina

WOW

6'5'', 245 pounds and ran a 4.50 forty, 10-3 broad jump, 41 inch vertical and 23 reps in the bench press.

Had more bench press reps than Oher and Monroe and will run a faster 40 than a lot of the WR's tomorrow.

Only Vernon Davis has run a faster 40 amongst TE's in the last 10 years.

The questions are is he a football player or workout warrior and would the Bengals even look at this guy in round 2? Unbelievable performance, nonetheless.

Those are solid numbers, but their is NO WAY IN HELL we draft him in round 2. Their is way to many needs on this team and they have 3 mil a year invested in Utech who should have a solid rebound year!

maclin didn't run as fast i was hoping, still a pretty solid 4.40, but i thought he would be low to mid 4.3. at 6'2 199 heywood-bey probably made him self some money running a 4.32.

other notables from a size/ speed perspective:

hakeem nicks- 6'1 212 4.49

marko mitchell- 6'4 218 4.48

kenny britt- 6'3 218 4.48

louis murphy- 6'2 203 4.33

Gotta put Johnny Knox in that group, too. He measured around 6'0'' and 199 and ran the 2nd fastest forty in the last decade at the combine.

What combine are you watching? He ran a 4.34 which is the third fastest among WR's in this draft and he is slightly under 6 foot.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/combine/wr.html

I'll tell you what.....

Brian Orakpo running a 4.63 and 260+ pounds might've put him in at #6. They talking him up pretty good on the NFL Network, too. I wasn't too high on this guy, but you can't deny that he has rare athleticism and good college production.

So is it safe to resume talking about Orakpo at #6? Because I didn't get much support for the idea when I brought it up months ago.

I am with you, I was a little dissapointed that he only pushed 225 up 31 times (Which is good, but not for his workout hype)

He looked great prior to getting hurt and he had a great attitude. If Curry, Smith, and Monroe are gone I think he should be our pick. He isn't Gholston which is what some people may fear in him!

I'll tell you what.....

Feel free hair ^_^ gogo Orakpo

If Curry, Smith, and Monroe are gone I think he should be our pick.

I'm betting Curry and Jason Smith off the board at #6.

And FWIW, I'd take Orakpo over Monroe.

How do you feel about Orakpo versus Aaron Maybin. I think Maybin is going to be an incredible pash rusher but Orakpo probably gives you more in the run game. Maybin at 249 pounds ran just as fast as Orakpo and could easily gain more weight under an NFL program. He's a Merriman type player, IMO.

He measured in at 6'4'', 249 pounds and had bulked up 16 pounds since the end of the season. He was also the top performer in the vertical jump, broad jump and 20-yard shuttle (which is a better indicator of short speed and explosiveness, IMO). His unofficial time according to multiple sources was around 4.78. Throughout the combine, it looks like the electronic times were slower than their unofficial times and Maybin ran a 4.57 on campus last season. I think he's the player shooting up draft boards the fastest, along with Connor Barwin.

Here's a decent video on him, from Todd McShay:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3919153&a...egoryid=2459789

He measured in at 6'4'', 249 pounds and had bulked up 16 pounds since the end of the season. He was also the top performer in the vertical jump, broad jump and 20-yard shuttle (which is a better indicator of short speed and explosiveness, IMO). His unofficial time according to multiple sources was around 4.78. Throughout the combine, it looks like the electronic times were slower than their unofficial times and Maybin ran a 4.57 on campus last season. I think he's the player shooting up draft boards the fastest, along with Connor Barwin.

i like maybin and brown better than orakpo. orakpo just seems a bit stiff and from what i've seen only has a bull rush, that works in college but i'm afraid it'll get stuffed in the nfl.

i like maybin and brown better than orakpo. orakpo just seems a bit stiff and from what i've seen only has a bull rush, that works in college but i'm afraid it'll get stuffed in the nfl.

Don't get me wrong, Orakpo is far from the worst the Bengals could do with the #6 pick. I think I'd even be OK with it. It just seems like Orakpo is similar to 2 players we already have on the roster in Geathers and Odom. We need a guy with quickness and explosion to get around the huge OT's in our division. Maybin could come in right away and be a factor with his speed and quickness on 3rd downs and take over for Jeanty as a starter in year 2. Rivers and Maybin on the outside would give us one of the most athletic pair of OLB's in the league.

I'll also agree that Rak looks a little stiff and Maybin is clearly the better athlete, although he might not have the functional strength of Rak. Maybin is probably going to be in the 260 range at LB before it's done (the guy looks like a slim TE), while Orakpo really doesn't have the frame to get much bigger.