Combine results

Baraka

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/combine/ot.html

this can be moved to the draft board if you want but i thought i'd post it here first so people would see it

the link is to the OT's but at the top of the page you can peruse the other positions.

the schedule is:

Thursday, February 19:

Group 1(PK, ST, OL), Group 2 (OL), Group 3 (TE) – Measurements

Friday, February 20:

Group 4(QB, WR), Group 5 (QB, WR), Group 6 (RB) – Measurements

Saturday, February 21:

Group 7 (DL), Group 8 (DL), Group 9 (LB) – Measurements

Group 1, Group 2, Group 3 – Workout (timing, stations, skill drills)

Sunday, February 22:

Group 10 (DB), Group 11 (DB) – Measurements

Group 4, Group 5, Group 6 – Workout (timing, stations, skill drills)

Monday, February 23:

Group 7, Group 8, Group 9 – Workout (timing, stations, skill drills)

Tuesday, February 24:

Group 10, Group 11 – Workout (timing, stations, skill drills)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two quick observations

tupou-OT-oregon- is a tad smaller than i thought he would be @ 314, i had seen him listed at 325

caldwell-C-alabama-is a lot bigger than i had previously seen him listed 292 vs combine weight of 309

they are both projected ~ 3rd and could be options for the bengals

Alex Mack 311

Max Unger 309

Eric wood 310

According to various mocks, Mack is dropping fast and could slip into round 2. Wood is rising and is probably a high 2nd round pick now. Unger looks like might be the top C drafted.

it's probably because mack isn't working out, i've senn nothing in his measurements to warrant him dropping.

wood and mack seem to be better than advertised, especially wood. just based on what's been seen so far.

I've been watching the combine on NFL network and there are two big stories coming out right now.

The first is Andre Smith isn't working out at the combine and the reason he gave yesterday was he had just started training and was out of shape. Today at the combine he didn't even show up and they are making a big deal out of it.

The second is Michael Crabtree has a stress fracture in his foot that needs surgery, so he will be out for 10 weeks and won't be able to work out before the draft. This could be bad news for us because if the top 5 teams don't draft him, that is one less player that falls to us. It also could mean he could fall to six and somebody could be willing to trade picks with us to get him though, I guess.

I've watched Wood for 4 years here in Louisville and he's the real deal. Part of the reason guys like Michael Bush and Kolby Smith, both NFL players, had success running the football is because Wood has anchored that OL since his freshman year.

He may not ever be a "superstar" due to athletic limitations, but he's should be a solid pro at C and G for 10 years in the NFL.

Jason Cook, TE, South Carolina

WOW

6'5'', 245 pounds and ran a 4.50 forty, 10-3 broad jump, 41 inch vertical and 23 reps in the bench press.

Had more bench press reps than Oher and Monroe and will run a faster 40 than a lot of the WR's tomorrow.

Only Vernon Davis has run a faster 40 amongst TE's in the last 10 years.

The questions are is he a football player or workout warrior and would the Bengals even look at this guy in round 2? Unbelievable performance, nonetheless.

maclin didn't run as fast i was hoping, still a pretty solid 4.40, but i thought he would be low to mid 4.3. at 6'2 199 heywood-bey probably made him self some money running a 4.32.

other notables from a size/ speed perspective:

hakeem nicks- 6'1 212 4.49

marko mitchell- 6'4 218 4.48

kenny britt- 6'3 218 4.48

louis murphy- 6'2 203 4.33

maclin didn't run as fast i was hoping, still a pretty solid 4.40, but i thought he would be low to mid 4.3. at 6'2 199 heywood-bey probably made him self some money running a 4.32.

other notables from a size/ speed perspective:

hakeem nicks- 6'1 212 4.49

marko mitchell- 6'4 218 4.48

kenny britt- 6'3 218 4.48

louis murphy- 6'2 203 4.33

Gotta put Johnny Knox in that group, too. He measured around 6'0'' and 199 and ran the 2nd fastest forty in the last decade at the combine.

Gotta put Johnny Knox in that group, too. He measured around 6'0'' and 199 and ran the 2nd fastest forty in the last decade at the combine.

Can he run routes well? Can he even catch? Remember Troy Williamson? The guy ran a really fast 40. But there was a problem. He couldnt catch! A good 40 time for a reciever is not the only selling point. RB's are a different story.

Can he run routes well? Can he even catch? Remember Troy Williamson? The guy ran a really fast 40. But there was a problem. He couldnt catch! A good 40 time for a reciever is not the only selling point. RB's are a different story.

Darrius Heyward-Bey is a Jerome Simpson type prospect but after running the 2nd fastest official 40 ever, will be a 1st round pick because of his size/speed/upside ratio.

What do you guys think about RB Gartrell Johnson at Colorado St?

He looks like a mini Steven Jackson and had 285 yards in New Mexico Bowl. He's only played the tailback position for a year and a half, after moving from FB. I know he doesn't have great but he has good hands and is a poweful runner.

How about Ian Johnson running the 2nd fastest 40 today? Is he worth a look in the mid-rounds. Looks like a Marvin type, high character guy and Marv's got some Boise State connections.

I also noticed that Zampese is leading the QB drills and Sheppard is with the WRs.

Unofficial 40's of some of the highest rated backs (according to NFL Network).

Knowshon Moreno 4.55/4.63

Chris Wells 4.57/4.54

LeSean McCoy DNP (flu)

Rashad Jennings 4.49/4.62/4.62

Donald Brown 4.48

Andre Brown 4.45

Glen Coffee 4.5

Kory Sheets 4.38

Ian Johnson 4.38

Cedric Peerman 4.41

Shonn Greene 4.65

Moreno looks like a 4.6 guy but maybe he'll run faster at his Pro Day. You really can't ignore his college production in the SEC, though. He's one of those guys that plays faster than his timed speed and has good hands.

McCoy has a chance to move up with a decent time, although they're saying he's a 4.55 guy, too. A tough competitor.

Sheets should be off the Bengals draft board after criticizing the other players on offense (namely Curtis Painter) and the coaching at Purdue. He's also no more than a 3rd down back.

Cedric Peerman has had the best combine of all of the RB's, including the fastest official (electronic) time, a 40 inch vert and 27 reps in the bench. Marvin coached this guy at the Senior Bowl and has some great hands. Fumbling and his hands size (smallest in the draft) are concerns. Extremely high character guy, though.

I like Glen Coffee as a do-it-all back, although he's had some injuries. I think he's a 5th rounder or later.

Andre Brown and Rashad Jennings look to have the best height/weight/speed ratio and both showed well at the Senior Bowl.

I've seen Donald Brown quite a bit and he's the real deal. He's a Matt Forte-type of runner. Could be a good choice in round 2, if he's there. He's maybe the most complete back in the draft.