Chad on the Trading block?

Kazkal

What you can bet on is that if the Bengals lose Houshmandzadeh, they'll pursue a veteran receiver and have a long pause before they trade fellow wideout Chad Ocho Cinco. Houshmandzadeh told some media outlets Monday that The Ocho is on the trade block. But he also said that doesn't mean he's going anywhere.

"You have to find out what you can get for him?" he asked. "So, yeah. He could be back."

Graham

If they do trade The Ocho, Houshmandzadeh wondered aloud, "Then they're going to be like the other teams in the division. Great defense. No mistakes on offense. Have a $100 million quarterback hand off."

Probably didn't deserve another chad thread but found interesting that apparently he is on trading block?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you can bet on is that if the Bengals lose Houshmandzadeh, they'll pursue a veteran receiver and have a long pause before they trade fellow wideout Chad Ocho Cinco. Houshmandzadeh told some media outlets Monday that The Ocho is on the trade block. But he also said that doesn't mean he's going anywhere.

"You have to find out what you can get for him?" he asked. "So, yeah. He could be back."

Graham

If they do trade The Ocho, Houshmandzadeh wondered aloud, "Then they're going to be like the other teams in the division. Great defense. No mistakes on offense. Have a $100 million quarterback hand off."

Probably didn't deserve another chad thread but found interesting that apparently he is on trading block?

TJ has been on target with his observations so its probably true about Chad. What would make the Bengals bite? A 3rd, a 4th?

With him leaving, Benson gets into a stronger position with the Bengals. Imagine their plight if he doesn't return. Then who would their 100 million QB hand off too?

Why is it that everytime someone leaves the Bengals they burn every bridge that crosses the Ohio river as they leave town? It really has to say a lot about a franchise and the front office. Everyone talks about TJ and how he is such a class act, and respected throughout the league...well he is now having his own pot shots at the Bengals. It's like deja'vu all over again.

Chad is not going to be traded.
Yeah, I just don't see it now with TJ gone, If they traded CJohnson then CHenry is the senior WR on the team and we don't know if he can be counted on... They just don't have enough experience WR's to get rid of him this year...

i agree 100%. TJ isn't as flamboyant as Chad and he actually has more common since but he is a major cry baby. He pouts and jumps around like an idiot if he doesn't get a call. We developed TJ into what he is. He was pathetic the first couple years and I remember everybody getting pissed in the stands whenever he was in. He is easily replaced. Their R several WR in the league that can catch passes from 5-10 feet away.

i agree 100%. TJ isn't as flamboyant as Chad and he actually has more common since but he is a major cry baby. He pouts and jumps around like an idiot if he doesn't get a call. We developed TJ into what he is. He was pathetic the first couple years and I remember everybody getting pissed in the stands whenever he was in. He is easily replaced. Their R several WR in the league that can catch passes from 5-10 feet away.

I think Simpson is that guy. I like Henry, Chad and Simpson.

Does this throw Crabtree into our possible targets? Man I hope not, but wouldn't mind having him.

I think Simpson is that guy. I like Henry, Chad and Simpson.

Does this throw Crabtree into our possible targets? Man I hope not, but wouldn't mind having him.

I totally agree, Simpson is that guy. He will easily quadruple his output from last season. That means a 400% improvement.

Still might be a little short of Pro Bowl consideration: 4 passes caught for 8 yards and 32 yards kick off return. Enough to re-negotiate his contract I'm thinking.

I'm not so sure about Chad not being shopped. Is there any reason to believe his stats for this season will be better than last? Any reason to believe he'll show up in shape and ready for training camp?

He was benched a couple times last season and has been in and out of Marvin's dog house for years. Guys like that get traded/released at the first whiff of declining production.

TJ has been on target with his observations so its probably true about Chad. What would make the Bengals bite?

Perhaps a comparable offer to the one the Redskins made last year. Perhaps more.

A 3rd, a 4th?

Ridiculous. Idiotic. Stupid.

With him leaving, Benson gets into a stronger position with the Bengals.

Nope. Paying Housh 9.8 million for a single season never made a great deal of sense, but the decision to use the tag on Graham rather than Benson is an unmistakable signal to Benson saying..."Shop yourself around. We'll take our chances."

Then who would their 100 million QB hand off too?

Perhaps this is the year Perry finally breaks through. <_<

I seem to be asking the same question through various threads, so allow me to ask this one again. Is it so hard to conceive Palmer NOT throwing to Chad and TJ ?? Is it to much to expect Carson to have success throwing to the other WR's who actually "want" to be here and would make all efforts to do what needed to be done in order to win ??

I think people are putting to much in what Chad and TJ brought to this team. A 100 million QB handing the ball off ?? You mean a real smashmouth type of offense that has the ability to control the clock and finish out a game in the 4th quarter ?? Sure I'll take that, just build the line and wrap up Benson.

There are teams out there that have more success than the Bengals and people couldn't even tell you who their WR's are. "IF" people truly have all the faith in Carson they seem to go on and on about, then this shouldn't be half the stress it appears to be. Or are people trying to say Carson isn't really that good ?? You can't have it both ways...

TJ has been on target with his observations so its probably true about Chad. What would make the Bengals bite?

Perhaps a comparable offer to the one the Redskins made last year. Perhaps more.

A 3rd, a 4th?

Ridiculous. Idiotic. Stupid.

With him leaving, Benson gets into a stronger position with the Bengals.

Nope. Paying Housh 9.8 million for a single season never made a great deal of sense, but the decision to use the tag on Graham rather than Benson is an unmistakable signal to Benson saying..."Shop yourself around. We'll take our chances."

Then who would their 100 million QB hand off too?

Perhaps this is the year Perry finally breaks through. <_<

The 3rd or 4th was sarcasm Hair. We all know MB had a real nice offer last year which won't magically re-appear this year. MB will look like a fool if he gets anything less and I'm betting that the offers will all be low ball and not to his liking.

I seem to be asking the same question through various threads, so allow me to ask this one again. Is it so hard to conceive Palmer NOT throwing to Chad and TJ ?? Is it to much to expect Carson to have success throwing to the other WR's who actually "want" to be here and would make all efforts to do what needed to be done in order to win ??

I think people are putting to much in what Chad and TJ brought to this team. A 100 million QB handing the ball off ?? You mean a real smashmouth type of offense that has the ability to control the clock and finish out a game in the 4th quarter ?? Sure I'll take that, just build the line and wrap up Benson.

There are teams out there that have more success than the Bengals and people couldn't even tell you who their WR's are. "IF" people truly have all the faith in Carson they seem to go on and on about, then this shouldn't be half the stress it appears to be. Or are people trying to say Carson isn't really that good ?? You can't have it both ways...

No its not hard to visualize it. I see nothing wrong with TJ walking, it was time. As for Chad he didn't give much last season so losing him now is a good move. Whether they can get the right trade is the question.

Between, Caldwell, Henry, Utecht, and the scrum of wanna be WR's on the roster at least one will turn out to be Carson's favorite. You give Carson time, he'll hit someone. Get a good running game behind a new, vastly improved Oline and Carson can be Carson again, with or without Chad and TJ. Fix that Oline and TJ can be pleasant memories. Chad not so much either way.

there was some reports early on that Ced and ML werent exactly gettimg along

The 3rd or 4th was sarcasm Hair.

And as result I sarcastically called your idea idiotic.

We all know MB had a real nice offer last year which won't magically re-appear this year.

More sarcasm or just an empty guess? Because I'm reminded last years trade offer was made after the Bengals spent months openly rejecting any and all trade overtures. I'm betting if they change their tactics and openly work to facilitate a trade...they'll get comparable OR superior trade offers. What's yet to be determined is if the Bengals have truly changed their collective minds about trading Chad.

MB will look like a fool if he gets anything less and I'm betting that the offers will all be low ball and not to his liking.

Well, who looks like a fool if the Bengals do indeed get a comparable offer? It'll be you, right?

Maybe. I was in favor of tagging Benson because it's a move that buys the Bengals time and answers at a very important position. In addition, I don't like the Bengals odds of resigning Benson without using a tag.

That said, using the tag on Benson also dictated overpaying, perhaps grossly, so a pretty strong financial argument could always be made against such a move. And along those same lines, a strong financial argument can be made for tagging Opie. But the strength of both those arguments is based on financial matters, not on improving the team.

With Benson in the fold the Bengals COULD be a dangerous team. With Opie, they haven't overpaid as much as a nickle, but they're no better.

Maybe. I was in favor of tagging Benson because it's a move that buys the Bengals time and answers at a very important position. In addition, I don't like the Bengals odds of resigning Benson without using a tag.

That said, using the tag on Benson also dictated overpaying, perhaps grossly, so a pretty strong financial argument could always be made against such a move. And along those same lines, a strong financial argument can be made for tagging Opie. But the strength of both those arguments is based on financial matters, not on improving the team.

With Benson in the fold the Bengals COULD be a dangerous team. With Opie, they haven't overpaid as much as a nickle, but they're no better.

I wholeheatedly expect the Bengals to overpay to keep Ced.

They almost have to.

He is one of the few proven "bellcow" RB's available in FA and the only one familiar with the Bengals' system and offense. At the age of 26, he is also one of the youngest and does still have some upside. Otherwise, you risk having the team sign a guy like Tatum Bell or Kevin Jones to be the #1 back, before the draft

From strictly a talent standpoint, he is the best RB to come through Cincy since Dillion was drafted in 1997.

Regarding Opie, I suffered terribly through the Neil Rackers days. That alone justifies the team spending market value on one of the top 4 kickers in the history of the NFL, percentage wise. Another consideration is that, in the timing of the move, the Bengals Franchised Graham before the Titans were able to get Bironas done. Hanson and Carney should also get deals North of 3 million per, which will increase the average of the Top 5 highest paid kickers and the Franchise Tag hit. The Bengals easily saved a million in this move, which may allow them to tender a guy like Brandon Johnson or Rashard Jeanty within the same approximate cap number, if you figure that Graham would've made 3-4 million had he reached free agency.

The 3rd or 4th was sarcasm Hair.

And as result I sarcastically called your idea idiotic.

We all know MB had a real nice offer last year which won't magically re-appear this year.

More sarcasm or just an empty guess? Because I'm reminded last years trade offer was made after the Bengals spent months openly rejecting any and all trade overtures. I'm betting if they change their tactics and openly work to facilitate a trade...they'll get comparable OR superior trade offers. What's yet to be determined is if the Bengals have truly changed their collective minds about trading Chad.

MB will look like a fool if he gets anything less and I'm betting that the offers will all be low ball and not to his liking.

Well, who looks like a fool if the Bengals do indeed get a comparable offer? It'll be you, right?

Little case of distemper Hair? Out of your sedative prescription?

You go dream on Hair that Chad will fetch 2 1st round picks or a 1st and 2ed round or a 1st and 3rd round.

I seem to be asking the same question through various threads, so allow me to ask this one again. Is it so hard to conceive Palmer NOT throwing to Chad and TJ ??

You mean is it so hard to conceive Fredo not dropping crucial passes from Palmer on third and long, thus ending the drives?

Nope, not so hard at all. <_<

I seem to be asking the same question through various threads, so allow me to ask this one again. Is it so hard to conceive Palmer NOT throwing to Chad and TJ ??

You mean is it so hard to conceive Fredo not dropping crucial passes from Palmer on third and long, thus ending the drives?

Nope, not so hard at all. <_<

I often wonder how things would have been had we kept Kevin Walter and let T.J. go to the Steelers, who offered him more money the last time T.J. was a FA. For taking less money that year, I still respect T.J. and understand this is his last payday.

I think Kevin Walter is every bit as good as T.J. and one of the best special teams players we ever had here, covering kicks. It would be fun to watch a healthy Carson throw to him.

I'm sick of watching the bullsh*t unfold on the field like there isn't one ounce of professionalism on the team. I'm sick of watching Chad drop a pass and then get up with that stupid f*cking look on his face like he doesn't understand what happened. Um could it be you ran the route and then couldn't make the play ?? I'm just sick of watching this sh*t every Sunday. I would MUCH rather hear the announcers comment on our tough defense or how great our lines and running game has improved as opposed to whatever Chad and TJ have stuck up their collective asses that week.

Allow me to also add that a fair question to ask is, how much do you think a team on the cusp would give to have a WR that will immediately give them 1000 yards+ and better than a handful of TD's like Chad will ?? Does anyone think Roy Williams is better than Chad ?? I think the Lions raped the Cowboys in that deal, but that deal is still setting a standard at this point. I don't think Hair is far off in that thought at all. 2 firsts ?? I don't really think so, but once again, what do the teams that are close feel he's worth ??

Little case of distemper Hair? Out of your sedative prescription?

You go dream on Hair that Chad will fetch 2 1st round picks or a 1st and 2ed round or a 1st and 3rd round.

Well what's the alternative? Should I sit here and listen to you repeat some of the dumbest s**t that's ever been typed?

Again, if the Bengals put Chad on the block they'll get as good a trade offer as the one they previously turned down. Whether that happens or not is anyones guess, but you've got to be as dumb as Peter King to think Chad nets only a 3rd or a 4th.

Are you that dumb? Or are you sarcastically challenged?

I expect Chad to have a monster year. And I think he will be much better without a cancer like TJ around to influence him. Good riddance to TJ and his surly attitude. Chad had always been a fun-loving guy who loved the game, loved to practice, loved to compete. He spent all his time on the practice field, in the film room, and you couldn't drag him away from the off-season activities. With the negative attitude of a guy like TJ and his refusal to participate in any activities to improve this team, I expect Chad to get back to his normal self...especially being around young enthusiastic guys like Caldwell and Simpson.

TJ's act and whatever he has stuck up his ass just got old iin a hurry and was bringing down this whole team.

I also expect our running game to improve immediatley with TJ gone. All he did was catch short passes over the middle which caused the line of scrimmage and middle of the field to be way too crowded to run the ball. The whole defense was in the box because TJ was no threat to do anything outside of the box.

Having Chad, Caldwell, and Simpson out there will open things up a lot more. Especially with Carson back throwing the ball.