Someone we haven't talked about

Clackwoods

Dansby playing outside in college as well as with the Cardinals until they made the switch to the 3-4 when he was moved inside. I think he can play either, but think his natural position is on the outside. That would free up the draft for us as well, but I think getting someone like him on the defensive side of the ball would all but lock up the OT position in the 1st. That's just my view of it though. Dansby is a beast...

Dansby playing outside in college as well as with the Cardinals until they made the switch to the 3-4 when he was moved inside. I think he can play either, but think his natural position is on the outside. That would free up the draft for us as well, but I think getting someone like him on the defensive side of the ball would all but lock up the OT position in the 1st. That's just my view of it though. Dansby is a beast...

I would take Dansby in a heart beat. How much is he going to cost is the question? I don't believe he would command the type of money Ray Lewis is going to get, but it could be slightly similiar

I would take Dansby in a heart beat. How much is he going to cost is the question? I don't believe he would command the type of money Ray Lewis is going to get, but it could be slightly similiar

After Arizona was smelling an upset with 45 seconds to go, the Bidwells would be stupid to let Dansby go. I think he'll stay even though I don't know squat about his situation in AZ. He's an impact player that would make any defense better. Love to have him. As for Ray Lewis comparisons...hmm Dansby is a rising talent and young. Lewis is a 36 year old declining talent. If it were my money I'd not give Lewis awhole lot, especially with an uncapped year coming in 2010 and Lewis being 37 and all. Dansby will rob you, Lewis not so sure.

Arizona's problem is they either have their FA's who all want to get paid or players under contract that have outplayed their contract and want new ones. They can't afford all the players that are either due or disgruntled. They used the franchise tag on Dansby last year, who's reportedly wanting upwards of 20 million plus guaranteed in a new contract. Another thing is what do they do with Warner who's also an UFA. I took a look around and there is actually talk of placing the tag on him (and not on forum sites) from the organization. If they do that, Dansby is free to look all he wants.

That being said, Dansby has made it known he has the utmost respect for Parcells and could see him in a linebacking corps with Joey Porter in Miami. I would love to have him here in stripes with Rivers, but I just don't see it happening.

It seems to go that way with teams that have never been to the Super Bowl or who been absent (see Bengals, Cincinnati) for a while in the players that took them to that point ALL think they are now the best players deserving new contracts for bringing the franchise out of the depths of it's own hell. Like they did that singlehandedly and not part of a team. Anyway...

It seems to go that way with teams that have never been to the Super Bowl or who been absent (see Bengals, Cincinnati) for a while in the players that took them to that point ALL think they are now the best players deserving new contracts for bringing the franchise out of the depths of it's own hell. Like they did that singlehandedly and not part of a team. Anyway...

Agreed, always hard for a team that has endured a long drought to deal with one season of success. And it's not just salary and contract issues that foul it up. It's the mental part of things.

If you have a mentally strong team to begin with, maybe you can withstand it. The Browns coudn't. The Bengals couldn't.

Look at the mentally weakest player on our team, Chad. What average players go through in the offseason after one winning season (rampant egocentrism, forgetting what got you there, believing you can flip it on and off like a switch), Chad just went through for 3 seasons. He's yapping like he's had a change of heart, but we'll see.

That's my thought also Kazkal, I don't see KDansby as a 2nd tier FA, and that is all the Bengals seem to want is players who are either on the decline or the team they was on felt they had a backup who could do the same job for less...We never go after anyone on day 1 of FA we wait until all the impact players are gone then we go after what's left...

That's my thought also Kazkal, I don't see KDansby as a 2nd tier FA, and that is all the Bengals seem to want is players who are either on the decline or the team they was on felt they had a backup who could do the same job for less...We never go after anyone on day 1 of FA we wait until all the impact players are gone then we go after what's left...

You know that MB has to get phased by all these postings and discussions about him being the worst owner and GM around, who knows maybe he has tried his way and failed so he decides to do a 360 and actually try and make a splash. I would love to see it happen (BTW I really have liked them drafting defense in the first round the last couple seasons).

It's the Bengals. They'll screw something up or just do nothing like the last 2 off-seasons. Maybe sign another CFL player, maybe another Bryan Robinson/Dexter Jackson type, depend on the draft for stars and starters into the 5th round, and never get over the hump.

Mike Brown likes his bargains, and those are pretty hard to find when you don't have enough personnel people.

There is that Kazkal. You overpay FAs anyway, you overpay horribly if you aren't a contender and even then, many of the better FAs might compromise a little. Only getting overpayed by a £15M and going to a team with a shot and not £20M and plumping for a team with little hope.

Maybe, just maybe we snag ourselves a C worth a damn in FA. Anything after that is just showing off.

Forget about it. I live in Phoenix and I know for a fact that Dansby has absolutely ZERO interest in playing for the Bengals.

Here is his situation... cardinals really want to keep him but so far they have only been interested in giving him a big money contract for 3 years. Dansby wants more like a 5 year deal. And Dansby has talked extensively how he wants to go to a big market or high profile team. He specifically mentioned the New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys and talks about how he wants lots of national exposure. That seems to be a big priority for him and he feels like he hasn't been given his due playing for a team like the Cardinals. At any rate, he would laugh at the idea of playing in a town like Cincy.

Anyway, the cards like him but do not consider him a difference maker in the class of Terrell Suggs. If he's available and not tagged, look for the cardinals to consider going with suggs to replace dansby. Suggs, who I watched play at Arizona State, has mentioned how he would like to come back to his "hometown" to play.

Ray is or will be 34 soon. No way he ends his career in Cincy. Bart Scott could be a realistic option, but I think he is a product of the system as Ed Hartwell and to a lesser degree, Adalius Thomas were.

I personally don't mind the 2nd tier philosophy. Get some guys who didn't reach their potential in other places. It has worked well with guys like Reggie Kelly, Dhani Jones, Brandon Johnson, Bobbe Williams, Chris Crocker and Kenny Watson recently and with guys like Ashley Ambrose, Lorenzo Neal and Tory James (who were Pro Bowlers) in the past.

It just seems like the Bengals don't do well with the high priced (Louis Oliver, Kevin Hardy, John Thornton, Sam Adams, Dexter Jackson, Antwan Odom) FAs.

• 2 weeks later...