• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Don't care

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bengals should do everything in their power to make TJ and his agent believe they will tag him. At TJ's age, the prospect of playing on a one year deal is leverage. If he won't agree to a deal, they should tag him. My feeling is he'll absolutely agree to a deal after they tag him.

tj better stay or he will made mistake like 2 player in my 2nd favorite team dolphins, zach thomas and jason taylor, both wont play for miami becz they want to be in play off so zach go to dallas and jason go to redskin, and what happen???? miami enter play off while dallas and washington failed, LOL, wonder how both feel now?

if tj leave bengals, bengals better go to play off and tj's new team failed.

What's up Dimster ?? Ironic how things like that happen and most of the times when they do, I find it horribly amusing. It's hard to fault a guy for wanting to get paid for what he does, but there still has to be the thought of winning. Thomas and Taylor both were thinking they were going to be in the post season. Oh well, like I said, amusing...

It's funny that this is all about money and not the game. These guys make more money in 16 weeks then most of us combined on this board do in a year. Chad, TJ, Carson, etc have made enough money to live like kings for the rest of their lives (already). Look at Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, MJ. All of those guys have been retired for years and still live like millionaires. Ken Griffey JR, Randy Johnson, Michael Irving, Deon Sanders will never hurt for money. Shoot, the kickers in the league are set for life! So are the head coaches, and assistant coaches. Coaches for top colleges and universities are set as well. Thinking about this depresses me. We have our brothers and sisters deployed to hostile environments, being shot at and bombed (on a daily basis), defend our rights as American’s and yet they will never get rich with a military pay check. The people who educate our children don’t get paid much either. These athletes are paid millions of dollars to play a game, which entertains people. It’s just crazy.

i do know one thing, tj is going to payed regardless of where he plays.

Depends on what your definition of getting paid is. He could possibly make only $9.88 million for the rest of his career. That's if we tag him, he refuses a deal, then sustains a career-ending injury during the season.

Surely, TJ looks at $9.88 million for the rest of his career as a major disappointment.

T.J. averaged under 10 yards per catch this past season and will be 32 this upcoming season.

He is basically an aging (but productive) tight end in the Bengals offense.

No TE in football is worth 10 million dollars for one year....and very few receivers are.

After the Justin and Stacey debacles, T.J. has played his last game as a Cincinnati Bengal.

i do know one thing, tj is going to payed regardless of where he plays.

Depends on what your definition of getting paid is. He could possibly make only $9.88 million for the rest of his career. That's if we tag him, he refuses a deal, then sustains a career-ending injury during the season.

Surely, TJ looks at $9.88 million for the rest of his career as a major disappointment.

tj is the top F/A wr. we have seen what teams will pay for a wr. then how can 9.88 million be a disappointment? coming of a 4 year 13 mil contract. the only disappointment if he is franchised is being a bengal. no one in thier right mind is going to be pissed about being paid 9.8 mill.

Larry Fitzgerald

Anquan Boldin

Andre Johnson

Calvin Johnson

Steve Smith

Brandon Marshall

Randy Moss

Torry Holt

Reggie Wayne

Roddy White

Greg Jennings

Lee Evans

Wes Welker

Donald Driver

Vincent Jackson

Santonio Holmes

I love T.J. for what he's done in Cincinnati over his career and think it's a great story to go from an injury prone 7th round draft pick to Pro Bowl receiver but does he really deserve to make the average of the top 5 highest paid wide receivers in football? I wouldn't take T.J. over any receiver listed above.

tj is the top F/A wr. we have seen what teams will pay for a wr. then how can 9.88 million be a disappointment?

I suspect he'd look at that salary as good, but I think he'd look at no signing bonus, and no long term security as really bad.

He can make a lot more than $9.88 million if signs a four or five year deal, with the signing bonus, roster bonuses, just-please-show-up-for-work bonuses, etc. they'll throw on top of the salary. So being forced into a one year deal, even for $9.88 million, is not something TJ wants.

tj is the top F/A wr. we have seen what teams will pay for a wr. then how can 9.88 million be a disappointment?

I suspect he'd look at that salary as good, but I think he'd look at no signing bonus, and no long term security as really bad.

He can make a lot more than $9.88 million if signs a four or five year deal, with the signing bonus, roster bonuses, just-please-show-up-for-work bonuses, etc. they'll throw on top of the salary. So being forced into a one year deal, even for $9.88 million, is not something TJ wants.

Why don't we just tag him and trade him for a second round pick. We could pick up the SeaHawks second rounder easily. They would just have to come to a contract agreement with him before the trade went through.

Voted not sure, but if we are voting on what CJohnson and DSanders are saying I would have to go with what CJohnson was saying because, I think that he and TJ are better friends the he and DSanders...

Dude, If I had the opportunity, I'd play as a kicker for the league minimum and be a happy camper. He's already made 13 mil. What can one man do with 13 mil? Live very comfortable for the rest of his life!

Dude, If I had the opportunity, I'd play as a kicker for the league minimum and be a happy camper. He's already made 13 mil. What can one man do with 13 mil? Live very comfortable for the rest of his life!

Sorry Combatbengal, it is my sad duty to inform you that you are hereby denied acceptance into the NFL Agents' Apprentice Program. Too bad, you'll miss our first lesson, "How To Throw Common Sense Out The Window and Wrap Your Client In A Comfy Quilt Of Unmitigated Greed." I think RedHouse is teaching it.

Sorry Combatbengal, it is my sad duty to inform you that you are hereby denied acceptance into the NFL Agents' Apprentice Program. Too bad, you'll miss our first lesson, "How To Throw Common Sense Out The Window and Wrap Your Client In A Comfy Quilt Of Unmitigated Greed." I think RedHouse is teaching it.

That's harsh!

Transation tag is top 10 money and if someone signs the player you get just a 1st right?

I'd say just use that on TJ if someone wants to put poispill in the contract then we get a 1st and call it good.

From football.about.com:

• A transition player designation gives the club a first-refusal right to match within seven days an offer sheet given to the player by another club after his contract expires. If the club matches, it retains the player. If it does not match, it receives no compensation. Transition players can be signed from March 3 through July 22."

The rule must've changed recently, because I thought the Transition tag rule included 1st round compensation, too. Still, the Bengals may consider this because if he hits the market it will surely cost the Bengals more to sign him than say, the 49ers, Chargers or Raiders.

Transation tag is top 10 money and if someone signs the player you get just a 1st right?

I'd say just use that on TJ if someone wants to put poispill in the contract then we get a 1st and call it good.

From football.about.com:

• A transition player designation gives the club a first-refusal right to match within seven days an offer sheet given to the player by another club after his contract expires. If the club matches, it retains the player. If it does not match, it receives no compensation. Transition players can be signed from March 3 through July 22."

The rule must've changed recently, because I thought the Transition tag rule included 1st round compensation, too. Still, the Bengals may consider this because if he hits the market it will surely cost the Bengals more to sign him than say, the 49ers, Chargers or Raiders.

I would transition tag TJ. If they franchise him, he will sit out until the last preseason game. But this way, he won't be able to sign for less money somewhere else, or charge a premium to stay. And if some team wants to try the poison pill, then they can have him.

That being said, this is all probably too complicated for Katie and Troy. I'm thinking they will franchise tag TJ, and send out the ice cold "we expect him to report" quotes to the media through Marvin. TJ will sit the summer out, and take half the season to get on the same page as Palmer.