Bengals coaching staff getting some props

Kazkal

Thanks for posting that. It confirms what I believe about Marvin, that he cares about football, football players, winning, the whole thing. Jack Del Rio I know very little about but he didn't come out of that looking too good.

Hard to believe that writer was giving betting tips on the Senior Bowl. Funny. I think betting that game is the last stop before permanent membership in Gamblers Anonymous.

lol asking our staff what it takes to win in the nfl, is like asking bush what makes a good president.

Right, because our staff has never won in the NFL. Especially not the year that we went to the playoffs. The Bengals were actually coached by the Steelers' staff that year. Joint practices and everything...

Right, because our staff has never won in the NFL. Especially not the year that we went to the playoffs.

You are aware that the Bengals have made just one playoff appearance and have had just one winning record in the past 18 soon to be 19 years, right?

Now you tell me... which one is the anomaly? The one winning season or the 18 other ones? :huh:

But hey I know, we are "just a player or two away." :P

Right, because our staff has never won in the NFL. Especially not the year that we went to the playoffs.

You are aware that the Bengals have made just one playoff appearance and have had just one winning record in the past 18 soon to be 19 years, right?

Now you tell me... which one is the anomaly? The one winning season or the 18 other ones? :huh:

But hey I know, we are "just a player or two away." :P

And have we had the same coaches throughout the past 19 seasons? I guess we've just had a really long string of really crappy coaches, right? Especially coaches like Dick LeBeau who obviously know nothing about football...oh, wait.

Granted, he may not have been made out for a head coaching gig, but the man knows football. Do you think he couldn't offer anything valuable to college seniors coming into the NFL?

And out of the past 19 seasons, the only coach to manage to overcome the Bengals' lousy previous decade was who, again? Oh yeah, it was the guy that was coaching in the Senior Bowl last night.

And, I guess Zimmer is pretty worthless, too. I bet the kids didn't learn anything from that guy.

If you want to bash the one thing that HAS remained constant throughout the past 19 years, then go ahead. Thankfully, he's not the one giving the kids advice. Our coaches are. And, despite the popular opinion these days, they just might know a thing or two about the NFL.

marvin should have overhauled his staff after the 06 melt down. marvin did not he choose to stay with bums like bresh and brat , and now look at us laughing stock of the league AGAIN! so no, marvin and crew have no clue on what it takes to win in the nfl. marvin is a hard headed dick head that can not admit he was and is wrong, and make the necessary changes to turn this team in to winners. then last season marvin whole, we are going to throw out the play book, and start a new, we are going to be better on offense and run the ball more. lol what a joke that was!

marvin should have overhauled his staff after the 06 melt down. marvin did not he choose to stay with bums like bresh and brat , and now look at us laughing stock of the league AGAIN! so no, marvin and crew have no clue on what it takes to win in the nfl. marvin is a hard headed dick head that can not admit he was and is wrong, and make the necessary changes to turn this team in to winners. then last season marvin whole, we are going to throw out the play book, and start a new, we are going to be better on offense and run the ball more. lol what a joke that was!

I don't think that Marvin makes the final decisions on firings...especially when coaches have remaining years under their contracts. That's all MB. I do agree, though, they should have overhauled the staff after 2006.

I don't actually think our coaching staff is all that bad. Maybe not excellent in all areas but not that bad overall. The problem the coaches have, Marvin especially, is that their word isn't final. Mikey says which players are on the team and isn't too fond of jettisoning coaches with money still owed, even if they are underperforming.

No way Marvin can instil his philosophy when he can't back it up 100%.