Bringing back Hue for OC?

AGrizzlyBaer

Jaguars let Coach go in middle of senior bowl

DONNIE HENDERSON IS OUT IN JACKSONVILLE

Posted by Aaron Wilson on January 20, 2009, 6:18 p.m.

Jaguars secondary coach Donnie Henderson is out after one season in Jacksonville, Scout.com’s Adam Caplan reports from the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.

The veteran NFL assistant revealed that he won’t be returning to Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio’s staff while attending the Senior Bowl practice sessions/annual coaches’ job convention. Henderson didn’t say whether he left of his own volition or if he was forced out. Henderson is a former defensive coordinator with the New York Jets and Detroit Lions.

Meanwhile, Caplan reports that the Jaguars are roughly $11 million under the salary cap heading into free agency. The Jaguars have pending roster bonus decisions on cornerback Drayton Florence and bust wide receiver Jerry Porter to make that could clear up even more space underneath the cap if the team elects not to pick up those payments.

The time for the Bengals to make a change would be after the Senior Bowl. Hue Jackson could be what the offense has been missing. He works well with our 3 best offensive players and did a great job with Flacco this year. Did a good job in Atlanta, all things considered, too. I like the fact he could help with the young receivers and he is a commanding influence in the locker room, by all accounts.

Since he would be promoted from QB coach, the Ravens could not block a move to the Bengals. Would the Bengals consider making him the assistant head coach, removing the title from Anderson, to get Hue?? I think it would be a good move and enough to entice Jackson, especially considering that he would be the first in line to assume HC responsibilities, if Marvin resigns/is fired next season.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the Ravens could block the move. I'm pretty sure the only way they can't block the move is if it is for a head coaching job. The Falcons blocked us from letting us interview their secondary coach to be our defensive coordinator.

Yes, technically....they could block the move, but most NFL HC's don't do it when it comes to promotions. Similar to how the Bengals allowed for Brat and Zampese to intreview for other jobs after the '05 season. It's kind of an unwritten rule. The only exception is for lateral moves to other teams, in which teams usually will not allow permission for other teams to interview their coaches. If a coaches contract has expired, then the coach has the ability to seek employment with any team, as was the case with SD's D-line coach going to Denver a few days ago.

The other part to the Senior Bowl is that it is part NFL Job Fair for coaches, both already on other teams and unemployed. That's part of the reason there's a lot of movement right now.

RAVENS’ JACKSON MEETS WITH 49ERS

Posted by Aaron Wilson on January 23, 2009, 3:47 p.m.

Baltimore Ravens quarterbacks coach Hue Jackson is interviewing today for the San Francisco 49ers’ offensive coordinator position, the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat is reporting.

Per the article, Jackson, 43, has reportedly been on the 49ers’ radar ever since Mike Martz was fired last month and is meeting with coach Mike Singletary at the 49ers’ offices in Santa Clara, Calif.

Jackson was credited by the Ravens for his role in assisting the development of successful Ravens rookie quarterback Joe Flacco, who became the first rookie in NFL history to win two playoff games.

Jackson has also been mentioned in connection with offensive coordinator positions with the New York Jets and Cincinnati Bengals.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

RAVENS’ JACKSON MEETS WITH 49ERS

Posted by Aaron Wilson on January 23, 2009, 3:47 p.m.

Baltimore Ravens quarterbacks coach Hue Jackson is interviewing today for the San Francisco 49ers’ offensive coordinator position, the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat is reporting.

Per the article, Jackson, 43, has reportedly been on the 49ers’ radar ever since Mike Martz was fired last month and is meeting with coach Mike Singletary at the 49ers’ offices in Santa Clara, Calif.

Jackson was credited by the Ravens for his role in assisting the development of successful Ravens rookie quarterback Joe Flacco, who became the first rookie in NFL history to win two playoff games.

Jackson has also been mentioned in connection with offensive coordinator positions with the New York Jets and Cincinnati Bengals.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Well, at least we know he is smart

Well, Hue is still in play after the 49'ers hired Jimmy Raye to be their new offensive coordinator...

I really thought he was a lock for that job, but that being said, Brat isn't going anywhere at this point.

If we still want Hue, the best thing we could hope for is he stays with the Ravens in his current position and wait until next year.

It's looking less and less likely that we get Hue back. If Marvin was going to let Brat go, it would've been before Senior Bowl week. The Ravens will not allow him to come here to be a positional coach.

There have been a lot of OC position filled this offseason and Hue didn't get any of them. Maybe he's not quite as good as we think.

It's looking less and less likely that we get Hue back. If Marvin was going to let Brat go, it would've been before Senior Bowl week. The Ravens will not allow him to come here to be a positional coach.

There have been a lot of OC position filled this offseason and Hue didn't get any of them. Maybe he's not quite as good as we think.

That's why I said I think it may be best for him to stay with the Ravens in his current position. The Ravens could block him from coming here as the OC, but more than likely wouldn't. If I recall correctly, there was an article I read that stated the Ravens wouldn't block him from going anywhere that was an OC position. The thing is we already know the impact Hue would have in relation to some of the players we currently have and is well respected by those same players. I just don't see where having him as opposed to Brat would be a bad thing. Don't see it...

That's why I said I think it may be best for him to stay with the Ravens in his current position. The Ravens could block him from coming here as the OC, but more than likely wouldn't. If I recall correctly, there was an article I read that stated the Ravens wouldn't block him from going anywhere that was an OC position. The thing is we already know the impact Hue would have in relation to some of the players we currently have and is well respected by those same players. I just don't see where having him as opposed to Brat would be a bad thing. Don't see it...

Well the rot starts from top in most organizations, so I got to believe if MB can't be fired, go for the coaches instead. Marvin is now saying how big he is on "continuity", yeah I would too if I was an NFL coach with their pay packages and short shelf life. If coaches aren't accountable for their won/loss record and performance on the field, there will be no improvement. Brat along with Marvin should have been let go.

For the record, the only head I've called for is Paul Daugherty's.

Why? He's a great sportswriter, and loves working in Cincinnati. The following, from his blog today, proves it.

"I wish we could order a moratorium on all Things Bengal between January and September. Don't they irritate us enough during the season? I'd love to ignore them, but they make it impossible. "

To prove he's not just a football hater, but instead is a superficial frontrunner, he includes the following near the end of his blog entry,

"Dan Rooney is Still God: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...4063&s_pos=

One thing few point out. Rooney knows when to let stars go. He keeps guys like Faneca and Lake and Chad Brown until he figures they've peaked. One of the few Stillers who has maintained a Pro Bowl level after leaving Pittsburgh has been Joey Porter. But Rooney had James Harrison waiting."

Another Steeler fan who has never lived in Pittsburgh, has no connection with the city, but just admires a winner! Maybe with your extensive clip book, you can get hired by a Pittsburgh newspaper, Doc.

Unless they read a few of the clips. Then probably not.

Unless the read a lot of the clips. Then definitely not.