Free Ocho Jersey

BengalByTheBay

That most reliable of all bellwethers -- the Bengals pro shop has a "buy any jersey get an ocho jersey free" thing going on. I know, the economy stinks and everything's for sale, but why would they put their most popular (at least until recently) jersey on sale like that? I know -- he's going to be traded. I'm calling it right now. SoP's trying to squeeze every cent out of it before he deals #85.

Okay, that's all pretty tongue-in-cheek, but seriously, is there any more reliable predictor than the team trying to sell some jerseys before they become worthless? Notably, the prior sale was "buy any current player jersey, get a former player jersey free" -- follow the money my friends...

That most reliable of all bellwethers -- the Bengals pro shop has a "buy any jersey get an ocho jersey free" thing going on. I know, the economy stinks and everything's for sale, but why would they put their most popular (at least until recently) jersey on sale like that? I know -- he's going to be traded. I'm calling it right now. SoP's trying to squeeze every cent out of it before he deals #85.

Okay, that's all pretty tongue-in-cheek, but seriously, is there any more reliable predictor than the team trying to sell some jerseys before they become worthless? Notably, the prior sale was "buy any current player jersey, get a former player jersey free" -- follow the money my friends...

Well,

The lions got a ridiculous amount of picks for Roy Williams and he has never had the type of year that Chad has had in the past. Their number's their last full year with the team is similar so hopefully we can get a similar deal. I would love to pick up an extra first rounder that way we could take Okopo with our first pick and then an OT or Knowshawn Moreno with our second. If they trade him, you can bet your ass they will franchise or resign TJ.

If they trade him, you can bet your ass they will franchise or resign TJ.

Unfortunately, I can't bet my ass as it's already highly leveraged on the CJ trade. Maybe I could pick up some TJ options on the futures market. As with Williams, there remains the possibility that some stupid owner that everybody thinks is a genius just because they overpay for FA's will make the deal (fingers crossed).

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this explains it...

Like Carson Palmer, Bengals gear sat out most of ’08 season -- Merchandise sales fell 40% as team’s losses piled up

Also explains why Target has (unofficial) Chad and TJ jerseys on sale for $8 here locally. Also, ironically (since he missed most of the season), I did not see any Palmer jerseys on sale.

Speaking of cheap Bengals jerseys, they must have just lumped all Bengals related jerseys in together, but I picked up my Kenny Anderson throwback for $24.00 when I came back to Cincinnati at Christmas. My new favorite jersey...

Mike Brown thanks you for your support! :sure:

F*CK MIKE BROWN...

That being said, I'll be more than happy to spend money on something I would really like to have IF I can find it at a price that is WAY below average. I don't know what his percentage is from a $24.00 jersey that should have gone for more than twice that, but hey, maybe he has bad breath and that pack of gum those earnings allow him to buy will come in handy. So he's welcome...