Chiefs @ Bengals Game Thread

BengalszoneBilly

Bengals D continues to be a late-season eyebrow raiser. Wonder how much of it they can carry into next year? KC's offense had been frisky at the end of the year (31 on Miami just last week). This is rather stunning. With that 3 and out, looks like 6 straight shut-out quarters for the D and KC only has about 50 yards of total offense this half. Nice job to Zimmer keeping their attention as the year has played out.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengals D continues to be a late-season eyebrow raiser. Wonder how much of it they can carry into next year? KC's offense had been frisky at the end of the year (31 on Miami just last week). This is rather stunning. With that 3 and out, looks like 6 straight shut-out quarters for the D and KC only has about 50 yards of total offense this half. Nice job to Zimmer keeping their attention as the year has played out.

I know it's shocking to me, but I LIKE it. :)

i agree on Benson. sign him to a 3-4 year deal, and make sure he stays off the booze.

We might have a shot at signing him. After all he got his big yardage against really bad teams like Clowns and KC so other teams might not be impressed to out bid us. Then again, Cedric can see our Oline is crap and why run behind it? More likely he'll use the Bengals to get a better deal elsewhere.

One part of the D playing well is that the O has been assisting by going on long ball control drives that eat clock and win field position. Lack of turnovers a huge help too.

i like our D today... Ndukwe attacking that screen, Hall showing some feistiness with Bowe, Crocker covering Gonzalez and busting up that second screen... very nice.

Does anyone even remember the last time (if ever) Cincinnati has shut out consecutive teams? :blink:

Just got home @ the half, I was reading some of the comments about the D, I do like what i am seeing from the D, just need to apply pressure more consistently and with having to blitz CB's or LB's all the time, but I do like how aggresive they are playing maybe they can get another shutout...