Holy crap!

Walrus

I'd like to see us hire someone like a bill tuna parcells to run football operations like Tony Dungy or Marty Schottenheimer...

PS,it will never happen so bring on the Randy Mueller or soon to be available phil savage.

I'd rather have Randy "Macho Man" Savage as GM over both Randy Mueller and/or Phil Savage. They are both awful. At least the Macho Man doesn't have a track record of destroying NFL teams.

I'd like to see us hire someone like a bill tuna parcells to run football operations like Tony Dungy or Marty Schottenheimer...

PS,it will never happen so bring on the Randy Mueller or soon to be available phil savage.

I'd rather have Randy "Macho Man" Savage as GM over both Randy Mueller and/or Phil Savage. They are both awful. At least the Macho Man doesn't have a track record of destroying NFL teams.

I think Phil Savage is pretty good, but I don't think even if available that Mike would bring in somebody that showed the world that Mike Brown isn't worth s**t as a GM in the Shaun Rogers fiasco. I don't know anything about Randall Mueller, if anyone has serious information on him I would appreciate it.

Both of these guys are terrible. You can thank Phil Savage for paving the way for Chris Crocker to be a Bengal. He is the lynchpin behind one of the few teams with a WORSE track record of drafting players over the last few seasons, although Joe Thomas was good. He also traded 3 very high picks for 2 defensive lineman (both HUGELY overpaid) that contributed to one of the worst run defenses in the NFL this year (see Benson, Ced). He also gave Steinbach a Steve Hutchinson-type contract, who is also having a down year this year. Traded a 1st and 2nd round picks for an overrated Brady Quinn. His claim to fame is working under Ozzie Newsome the years they drafted all of those HOF'ers (Ray, Ogden, Ed Reem and Jamal Lewis), although it is unclear what type of role he had in them being drafted.

Randy Mueller's best work has come as an ESPN analyst. He did execute a nice trade to get a 1st round pick from the Dolphins for Ricky at the height of his career (although he ran for over 1800 years his first season in MIA). He gave up personnel control in one of the worst HC hirings in recent history in Nick Saban, which ultimately sealed his fate. Traded a next-season Pro Bowler to the Pats in Wes Welker. Traded multiple picks to the Chiefs for Trent Green. His last hire in MIA was HC Cam Cameron and we all remember how that worked out.

Although these guys are active in trades, I think a better hire would be James Harris, who resigned from the Jags yesterday. He has been excellent in building teams through the draft, which is what the Bengals need most, especially heading into a potential uncapped year in '10.