good Chad Johnson Article

terp954

Greg, shame on you!

You forgot to mention that on those few occasions when he actually holds onto a pass, he assumes the fetal position (if the catch occurs in the middle of the field) or steps immediately out of bounds (when he's near the sideline). Said another way, he's a contact-avoiding wuss in a game where the most physical team tends to win.

Some of the greatest WR's of all-time are the exact same. Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt to name a few. Nothing wrong with Chad avoiding a big hit when he's got Fitspansy who will hang him out to dry.

And I don't fault him for the stepping out of bounds to avoid a hit. Most receivers do that, regardless how good they are or aren't. It reduces the chances of a stupid fumble, stops the clock and, let's be real here, avoids an unnecessary hit.

HOWEVER...I believe he gets gun-shy on hits in the middle of the field and loses his concentration, thus resulting in the increased number of drops. He anticipates the hit, takes his eyes off the ball (or begins the fetal position) prematurely and fails to make the play. Housh takes the hit, makes the catch, and occasionally gets the first down when Jelly Arm gets the ball more than six yards.

BTW--is it just me, or am I the only one that has never seen a QB throw so many passes deflected at the LOS as Fitz?