good Chad Johnson Article

terp954

Yeah, absolutely nobody else saw a losing season coming. Hell, some (admittedly only the most pessimistic/realistic - take your pick) Bengals fans were even predicting a 2 or 3 win season. I myself thought we'd be about 6-10 or maybe even 8-8. But very few, but the most optimistic or sun-shiny people were predicting playoffs.

For all the Chad Haters out there, i found this which hits on my thoughts, if you like Chad you will love it. If your a hater you will just make more excuses for our terriable mangement.

http://www.playersvoice.com/nfl/i-told-you-so.html

Only problem is that Chad's major complaint was about the defense. Well, the defense has completely outplayed the offense and would be, at the very least, decent if the offense could put together an occasional 1st down....any time now....just a first down....maybe one TD a game. Chad has also been a MAJOR non-contributor to that offense which drastically affects it's non-performance. Therefore, Chad is not some genius who saw the team's problems before anyone else. Far from it. He identified problems that even a casual fan was aware of while ignoring the same problems that the Bengals organization did. Chad's "productivity" has been nil. The offense has sputtered. The defense - while far from perfect - has been under seige all year and yet has shown marked improvement.

Call me a "hater" all you want, but that article is a twisted piece of revisionist history that anyone with half a brain simply has to laugh at. Chad is, perhaps, the only person on Earth who could make the Bengals organization look at least a little bit rational. And no, it doesn't make him smart to suggest that the Bengals weren't going to be good this year -- especially since a large part of that suck can be pinned directly on him.

yea chads part of the problem just like Dillion was. No one can win with him remember that. yea right

Leon was another issue.. I actually didn't agree with anything that idiot said. He WAS a problem. Chad's not.

No i agree Dillion was a problem and poor sport..but to his defense he was on some real real bad teams...he just didnt want to be here and would do anything to get out of here...but he showed if he was on a good team he would be happy and fall in line.

yea chads part of the problem just like Dillion was. No one can win with him remember that. yea right

Oh yeah, Dillon carried that Patriot team to the championship. He was THE missing ingredient. Oh wait--they won titles with guys named Faulk (not Marshall) and Maroney.

Dillon had 1600 plus yards and 12tds in just 14 starts and set Team records with both. Please dont try and say he was just along for the ride, he was a hudge part of them winning. They havent won one since he left and are still looking for a RB to fill his spot.

I will always love Chad. It's why he's still in my pic. I know there are many arguments against him (celebrations a distraction, halftime meltdown in '05, etc.)...

But I think we forget that these athletes that we watch and admire and scorn and hate are actually people (except Hines Ward, he's Satan). I always like to think, "What would I do in that situation?"

The Bengals greatly disappoint me, to the point of apathy on some Sundays (I was hoping the touchdowns went to Peyton last week instead of Dominic Rhodes because of fantasy). But really, I am not involved in the Bengals organization whatsoever. Chad is one of the biggest parts. No one on this site could tell me that they would not do their best to try to change this franchise for the better if they were in his situation. I'm a fan of the Bengals, and I find myself perplexed at the stupid things Mike Brown does every year, but even more so by the things he doesn't do. Chad, who could be a shining star with a winning franchise with his enthusiasm for the game and abilities, is absolutely right for the things he has said.

It's not a knock on us as fans, or on the city of Cincinatti, he is frustrated by this franchise that gave him life and refuses to sustain it. I think that the apathy that I feel, Chad also feels, which reflects in his numbers.

I'm not a homer. I don't think that everything Chad does is brilliant, and in fact he has done some stupid things. He's kinda weird, but we're all a little weird. All in all, I'm still a Chad fan, and I don't care if I get bashed for that.

I made it to following statement in that article,

"If a player works as hard as he can to make sure that his team has a chance to win, why is it a problem that he expects the front office to do the same"

Whats wrong with that statment. Guess you dont think the front office should work hard. By any chance are you in the front office of the Bengals? If you are what guys doing up there.

Chad, who could be a shining star with a winning franchise with his enthusiasm for the game and abilities, is absolutely right for the things he has said.

Anybody can be a "shining star" on a winning team. Only one team a year can win a championship, however, and it says a lot more about a player's character that he would try to make his team better when it doesn't win by starting with his own performance. Chad had, and has, no room to talk about anybody else's performance (even Mike Brown's) when he's barely putting up 4th WR numbers (or effort). He is supposed to be a #1 WR and is incredibly well compensated. Under the circumstance, I am shocked that any fan of the team would view a player "predicting" that the Bengals will fail as something positive. As it is he can legitimately be viewed as doing more to make that prediction come true than any other principal member on the team.

"If a player works as hard as he can to make sure that his team has a chance to win, why is it a problem that he expects the front office to do the same"

Whats wrong with that statment. Guess you dont think the front office should work hard. By any chance are you in the front office of the Bengals? If you are what guys doing up there.

I think what's wrong with the statement is that it's not true about Chad Johnson.

I think what's wrong with the statement is that it's not true about Chad Johnson.

Are you trying to say Chad doesnt work hard? Cause i have never heard that one...Marvin and Carson have always said he is the hardest worker on the team

Are you trying to say Chad doesnt work hard? Cause i have never heard that one...Marvin and Carson have always said he is the hardest worker on the team

Not this off-season and not this year it's not. He waited until training camp started to get his ankle scoped and barely practiced. Your information is dated.

Oh yeah, Dillon carried that Patriot team to the championship. He was THE missing ingredient. Oh wait--they won titles with guys named Faulk (not Marshall) and Maroney.

Dillon had 1600 plus yards and 12tds in just 14 starts and set Team records with both. Please dont try and say he was just along for the ride, he was a hudge part of them winning. They havent won one since he left and are still looking for a RB to fill his spot.

With Tom Brady and the best offense in football surrounding him at that time...I'm voting along for the ride. If the Pats had made the AFC championship but never made the hump AND THEN Dillon took them to the Super Bowl, maybe. But, not buying stats here. You didn't give them the 'adjusted for Brady' consideration.

Not this off-season and not this year it's not. He waited until training camp started to get his ankle scoped and barely practiced. Your information is dated.

Well you get me some updated info then..find me a link from one teammate, coach, or even reporter that says Chad is out of shape..or showed up out of shape. Anyone covering the team just anything..would love to read it. Im always intrested in "up to date" info

I will always love Chad. It's why he's still in my pic. I know there are many arguments against him (celebrations a distraction, halftime meltdown in '05, etc.)...

But I think we forget that these athletes that we watch and admire and scorn and hate are actually people (except Hines Ward, he's Satan). I always like to think, "What would I do in that situation?"

The Bengals greatly disappoint me, to the point of apathy on some Sundays (I was hoping the touchdowns went to Peyton last week instead of Dominic Rhodes because of fantasy). But really, I am not involved in the Bengals organization whatsoever. Chad is one of the biggest parts. No one on this site could tell me that they would not do their best to try to change this franchise for the better if they were in his situation. I'm a fan of the Bengals, and I find myself perplexed at the stupid things Mike Brown does every year, but even more so by the things he doesn't do. Chad, who could be a shining star with a winning franchise with his enthusiasm for the game and abilities, is absolutely right for the things he has said.

It's not a knock on us as fans, or on the city of Cincinatti, he is frustrated by this franchise that gave him life and refuses to sustain it. I think that the apathy that I feel, Chad also feels, which reflects in his numbers.

I'm not a homer. I don't think that everything Chad does is brilliant, and in fact he has done some stupid things. He's kinda weird, but we're all a little weird. All in all, I'm still a Chad fan, and I don't care if I get bashed for that.

Be a homer, be a Fredo fan. Doesn't really matter to me. All that actually matters to me about Ocho Sucko is that he will never have another productive year in BENGAL STRIPES!, and I don't care if he plays out his current contract. He will never be a difference maker again as a Bengal. Could he be a playmaker on a winner? Sure. Andre Johnson is a much better receiver and playmaker because he is a difference maker on a lousy team. TJ is a much better receiver because he can still make the catch in double coverage and stretch the extra yard for a first (when Jelly Arm manages to get the ball that far). Fredo--done as a Bengal--I don't care how many years he wears the uniform.

Well you get me some updated info then..find me a link from one teammate, coach, or even reporter that says Chad is out of shape..or showed up out of shape. Anyone covering the team just anything..would love to read it. Im always intrested in "up to date" info

Here's the updated info in case you haven't actually watched the games this year. He drops too many passes. He blows routes. He can't block for other receivers. He's a prick. I don't give a crap if he AND T.O. can do a million crunches in T.O.'s freaking driveway. Fine...he's a wonder of a human physical speciman. He's had a crappy season.

Greg, shame on you!

You forgot to mention that on those few occasions when he actually holds onto a pass, he assumes the fetal position (if the catch occurs in the middle of the field) or steps immediately out of bounds (when he's near the sideline). Said another way, he's a contact-avoiding wuss in a game where the most physical team tends to win.

Greg, shame on you!

You forgot to mention that on those few occasions when he actually holds onto a pass, he assumes the fetal position (if the catch occurs in the middle of the field) or steps immediately out of bounds (when he's near the sideline). Said another way, he's a contact-avoiding wuss in a game where the most physical team tends to win.

Some of the greatest WR's of all-time are the exact same. Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt to name a few. Nothing wrong with Chad avoiding a big hit when he's got Fitspansy who will hang him out to dry.