I've got a Bengals draft plan

walzav29

I would love to Draft Smith who is the only offensive lineman that should be drafted in the first ten picks but I bet he'll be already gone. We play Cleveland w/ Dorsey starting and Carson looks like he'll be playing as well. We also play KC at home w/ Carson starting his second game. We'll end up w/ at least 2 wins and maybe three. Smith will get drafted by Detroit w/ the #1 pick unless that get stupid again and draft a QB.

I would love to Draft Smith who is the only offensive lineman that should be drafted in the first ten picks but I bet he'll be already gone. We play Cleveland w/ Dorsey starting and Carson looks like he'll be playing as well. We also play KC at home w/ Carson starting his second game. We'll end up w/ at least 2 wins and maybe three. Smith will get drafted by Detroit w/ the #1 pick unless that get stupid again and draft a QB.

I can easily see the Lions taking Tebow.

Carson won't play another minute this season. They took an insane risk when he played Dallas and got lucky no serious damage was done. They won't let him play anymore.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Kentjett - please go away and don't come back until you get some football knowledge. You made at least 6 mistakes in 5 sentences, something even Shula can't do. To wit:

1) the only offensive lineman that should be drafted in the first ten picks WRONG! At least 3 OT's in the top 10

2) would love to Draft Smith ...but I bet he'll be already gone. WRONG! Most teams have Oher higher, & 3 others (Stafford, Crabtree, Oka-poo)

3) Carson looks like he'll be playing as well WRONG! Where do you get your information...Mark Canutte?

4) KC at home w/ Carson starting his second game. WRONG! See #3

5) We'll end up w/ at least 2 wins and maybe three WRONG! Don't bet your rent money, buddy...it's cold outside

6) Smith will get drafted by Detroit WRONG!....there is no friggin' way the Lions go OT

Yeah, I thought the consensus at this point was that Matthew Stafford would be the #1 pick for Detroit. Not that things don't change... but they need a QB bad, and there are plenty of potential #1 pick QB's in this draft.

As far as the Bengals winning more games... It doesn't seem terribly likely, but stranger things have happened. But here's the good news. The Seahawks play the Rams next week, so one of those teams will get a 3rd win. The Bengals can win another game and still have the #4 pick.

Also, for those of you confident that the Bengals will beat the Chiefs, How have they been playing lately? In the last 2 weeks the Bengals have scored 6 total points and given up 69. KC actually won a game against Oakland, and hung in there with Denver until the end. And I don't personally see how the Browns with Dorsey is any worse than the Bengals with Fitzpatrick. Seems like an even swap to me.

Who knows.... maybe the Bengals win their last two games to be 3-12-1. That could potentiall drop them to the #6 pick. It would be disappointing because Smith and Oher would likely be gone... and while it might be a slight reach Eugene Monroe would still be a good T to take at that point. Please God... just don't let it be Beanie Wells.

Carson was active last Sunday and he'll play in one of the last two games if he don't suffer any setbacks. Oher has been dropping like crazy due to his last few s**tty games and Monroe is a borderline top ten. One of Detroit's biggest weakness is their O-Line and Smith is by far the #1 prospect in the draft. U must have been in a away from the media for the last few weeks. Figure out what is going on before u talk s**t. I bet u don't go out in public very much because if u did u would get your ass handed to u . People don't pop off from the mouth like u do w/out suffering consequences. I might be optimistic for thinking Carson will play a little but thats what it sounds like from the reports that I've been hearing.

Mark Canutte?

Never heard of the guy.

With Marvin and Mike making the picks, you can count on a 2009 season with few impact players emerging from the draft. The picks just aren't very good, like JJ, Perry, most of the 2006 Draft, all of the 2005 Draft, nearly all of the 2004 draft. Its these guys who should be emerging to be leaders and playmakers for 2008. Instead where are they? Not in the NFL. Playing elsewhere or unfortunately still playing for the Bengals. The exception to this generalization are too few to matter. Its why we are 1-11-1.

Fact is and this is now proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Marvin and Mike can't draft well enough to build a playoff team. Their idea of a starter ends up not beating other starters in the NFL. Their idea of a backup ends up out of the NFL once they leave the Bengals. Its a team of backups mascarading as starters but it does explain 1-11-1.

Carson was active last Sunday and he'll play in one of the last two games if he don't suffer any setbacks. Oher has been dropping like crazy due to his last few s**tty games and Monroe is a borderline top ten. One of Detroit's biggest weakness is their O-Line and Smith is by far the #1 prospect in the draft. U must have been in a away from the media for the last few weeks. Figure out what is going on before u talk s**t. I bet u don't go out in public very much because if u did u would get your ass handed to u . People don't pop off from the mouth like u do w/out suffering consequences. I might be optimistic for thinking Carson will play a little but thats what it sounds like from the reports that I've been hearing.

KJ -

- If Palmer plays this year, it'll rank right up there with drafting Akili Smith...setting this franchise back 5 years. Maybe 10.

- Concerning Detroit's pick, about 80% of the experts have them grabbing Stafford....why else would they bring in Culpepper unless Hensen was a bust? The new coach will usually draft his own franchise QB. (2 out of 25 had A.Smith)

- As far as the rest....I'm in the book - just look me up.

Kentjett - please go away and don't come back until you get some football knowledge. You made at least 6 mistakes in 5 sentences, something even Shula can't do. To wit:

1) the only offensive lineman that should be drafted in the first ten picks WRONG! At least 3 OT's in the top 10

2) would love to Draft Smith ...but I bet he'll be already gone. WRONG! Most teams have Oher higher, & 3 others (Stafford, Crabtree, Oka-poo)

3) Carson looks like he'll be playing as well WRONG! Where do you get your information...Mark Canutte?

5) We'll end up w/ at least 2 wins and maybe three WRONG! Don't bet your rent money, buddy...it's cold outside

6) Smith will get drafted by Detroit WRONG!....there is no friggin' way the Lions go OT

Funny you've never been able to point out "what I get wrong!" But say whatever you want to try and make yourself look good I guess. :rolleyes:

1. Do you REALLY think "at least" 3 OT's will be taken in the top 10? Are you clairvoyant? When is the last time in NFL draft history that has happened (if ever)? Bold statement.

2. I don't think he'll be gone with a top 3 pick either, lower than that as Kent says, then yeah probably.

3. Palmer might play in 2 weeks - how can you say something's wrong that hasn't happened yet?

The next two are just more speculation from you speaking as if it were fact.

6. Another speculative opinion at best. But, Detroit needs a QB as bad as they need O-lineman.

Do you REALLY think "at least" 3 OT's will be taken in the top 10? Are you clairvoyant? When is the last time in NFL draft history that has happened (if ever)?

Sheesh Shula, after all the complaining you've done about one of those tackles over the years, you ought to know the answer to that question by now... ;)

Do you REALLY think "at least" 3 OT's will be taken in the top 10? Are you clairvoyant? When is the last time in NFL draft history that has happened (if ever)? Bold statement.

I seem to remember the Bengals taking Levi with the 10th pick, and he was the 3rd OT taken (Williams & McKinnie)

Anyway, unless there's a run on DB's or some DE's shoot up the draft boards, I don't see (IMHO) 8 other guys better than Oher, A.Smith, and Eugene Monroe (Virginia) - all starting caliber LT's.

1 or 2 QB's - Stafford, Bradford

2 or 3 WR's - no Crabtree (returning to TT), Heyward-Bey, Maclin, Harvin

1 or 2 DE's - Brian Orakpo, Michael Johnson

1 or 2 RB's - (little demand this year) - Wells, Moreno

That's between 5 and 9 guys. call it 7. Who else? Mays is a safety - who rarely go that high. All the CB's seem kinda small this year(Vontae Davis, DJ Moore, Malcom Jenkins, Mike Mickens) The best backers are inside guys - Maualuga and Laurinaitis. No DT's except Terrence Cody, who might eat himself out of a job.

Other than that, Shula, it's all speculation when it comes to the draft....it's just that some (Pats, Squeelers, etc.) are better at it than others (idiot-Mikey, Al Davis, the Lions).

Detroit could draft a QB just as easy as a tackle but I don't think it is a long shot to say they'll draft Smith. Detroit has been burned drafting QB's and WR's in the top 5 and they would be smart to go the safe route. All of my opinions have just as good a chance as happening as any of yours. Carson has a chance to play and it looks more likely than not as of today. Mock drafts and rankings are premature right now and will change dramtaically. I'm extremely high on Smith because I've seen him play numerous of times and he is a freak of nature that will blow up at the combine if he goes. I watched Ken Dorsey play and he makes Fitz look like a Probowler. That game is a winnable game. The lions are ignorant and might draft one of the 2 QB's but I'm not impressed w/ either one. I'm just stating my opinion just like u. It's not as far fetched as u make it sound and it is possible. I know these rankings will change but ESPN seems to agree w/ some of my outlooks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft

after this season. you are kidding yourself, if you think this team could get anything higher than a 4th rounder for chad.

Actually,

A lot of GM's would think that he is just having a down year because he is on a horrible offense. Look at what the Lions got for Roy Williams who wasn't nearly as consistent over the years as chad. And also, his numbers from last year are very comparable to chad's numbers this year. The only thing is would be age, but you look at all the older WR's dominating late into their thirties and you can factor that out. Their is no way we let TJ walk. I definatly think Ocho is gone and we will get a first rounder for him.

Funny you've never been able to point out "what I get wrong!" But say whatever you want to try and make yourself look good I guess. :rolleyes:

1. Do you REALLY think "at least" 3 OT's will be taken in the top 10? Are you clairvoyant? When is the last time in NFL draft history that has happened (if ever)? Bold statement.

2. I don't think he'll be gone with a top 3 pick either, lower than that as Kent says, then yeah probably.

3. Palmer might play in 2 weeks - how can you say something's wrong that hasn't happened yet?

The next two are just more speculation from you speaking as if it were fact.

6. Another speculative opinion at best. But, Detroit needs a QB as bad as they need O-lineman.

Something interesting to think about is what the browns did a couple years back. The lions have the Cowboys pick and they could go OLine first and then get their QB of the future with the Cowboys pick, especially if the Vikings make the playoffs and their pick is higher. Their is a couple good QB's coming out and they will have a shot at one of them!

My question bout our possible pick, do we draft Andre Smith of Bama, b/c don't forget Whitworth played LT in college and if he is good enough to play tackle, is he a LT, he reminds me of Big Willie and RT might be his best position! If all that checks out, what bout these rumors that he has weight problems we can't afford to miss on this pick so if he can't maintain his weight professionally, like Jeremi Johnson. If all that checks out then hell draft him and put him at LT next to Whit, that would be a dominating left side, or put him at LT and Whit at RT, or put Andre Smith at RT leave Whit at LG and keep Collins at LT, a lot of combos. But if there is any concern then I want Michael Oher from Ole Miss.

Crabtree announced he was returning to TT. That's either the dumbest thing I've seen a college player do or a really ignorant hypothesis.

Might he be waiting until after the bowl game??? Then he says, Ooops, I changed my mind!" :blush: