Only 5 games to go until our season starts!

walzav29

There will be alot of drama this offseason

Carson surgery

Chad - Coming or Going

Marvin - Coming or Going

TJ - Coming or Going

Chris Henry - Coming or Going

Mike Brown - Will public humiliation lead to a GM?

Who will they take with the #2 pick? DT or OT

Will Keith River recover mentally? I think getting this highlight shown of you getting smacked like that by a WR against a division rival can stick in your head. Will he recover?

Who will be the running back?

Will J. Simpson mature?

With this season being over 5 weeks in, it has sucked for a long time. I'm going to start treating the off season before the draft like preseason - the draft the regular season - preseason will be our playoffs. Then the season can end in Sept.! Well I can't wait for the Bengal season to begin in Feb!!!!

Carson surgery

Chad - Coming or Going

Marvin - Coming or Going

TJ - Coming or Going

Chris Henry - Coming or Going

Mike Brown - Will public humiliation lead to a GM?

Who will they take with the #2 pick? DT or OT

Will Keith River recover mentally? I think getting this highlight shown of you getting smacked like that by a WR against a division rival can stick in your head. Will he recover?

Who will be the running back?

Will J. Simpson mature?

With this season being over 5 weeks in, it has sucked for a long time. I'm going to start treating the off season before the draft like preseason - the draft the regular season - preseason will be our playoffs. Then the season can end in Sept.! Well I can't wait for the Bengal season to begin in Feb!!!!

A couple of thoughts.....Chris Henry is still under contract for next season as well, and barring any off-field troubles, he most certainly will be back.

As for Keith Rivers, I think...check that--I know he'll come back stronger and more aggressive, and will be out to prove something. I dont believe there will be any problems with him "mentally" once he steps on the field again, and lord help Hines Ward the next time Keith Rivers is in the lineup vs. the Steelers.

As for your other questions, your guess is as good as mine.

Dramatic is not how I would characterize the Bengals off season, unless your talking about criminal cases. My best guesses to answer your questions, based on years of Mike Brown observations.

1) Carson surgery - probably will wait 'till after the draft, then seeing no OL help, will opt for the surgery in May (effectively missing next year).

2) Chad - Coming or Going - He's staying. Unfortunately, that train pulled out of the station - we'd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for him now.

3) Marvin - Coming or Going - Still under contract, and Mikey will give him just enough of an illusion of progress to keep him another year

4) TJ - Coming or Going - Too pricey - he'll play in the NFC East next year

5) Chris Henry - Coming or Going - Kaz is right - we're stuck with him in 2009

6) Mike Brown - Will public humiliation lead to a GM? - No way - if he cared what the public thought, he'd have hired a PR firm long ago. Who should he demote - his son Paul? Katie? His other son? His son-in-law?

7) Who will they take with the #2 pick? DT or OT - Lineman don't sell tickets. Right now, I'd guess Beannie Wells (RB-OSU)

8) Will Keith River recover mentally? I think getting this highlight shown of you getting smacked like that by a WR against a division rival can stick in your head. Will he recover? Rivers will be fine, but he'll learn that 230 lb LB's don't last in the NFL. He'll finish next year on IR, too

9) Who will be the running back? See #7 - or maybe Moreno and Benson can share

10) Will J. Simpson mature? What player have the Bengals helped mature in their sophomore year? Maybe TJ - who was actually picked by Chad.

Why would ANYBODY expect Mike Brown and the Bengals organization to change?

7) Who will they take with the #2 pick? DT or OT - Lineman don't sell tickets. Right now, I'd guess Beannie Wells (RB-OSU)

Well hopefully they talk to beanie first and he'll tell mike brown to go ferk himself.

8) Will Keith River recover mentally? I think getting this highlight shown of you getting smacked like that by a WR against a division rival can stick in your head. Will he recover? Rivers will be fine, but he'll learn that 230 lb LB's don't last in the NFL. He'll finish next year on IR, too

If I'm not mistaken doesn't Keith play at 240-245? hardly a Landon or Caleb type of LB....