Collinsworth end of game comments

rwjcgc

Paraphrasing here: The Bengals have gotten beaten up on both sides of the ball consistently the last decade by the better teams

in the league. Until they address this they will never win. (The best teams build from the inside out.)

If it's that simple, why can't they find some tough guys to put on the lines. Most other teams can find them. To my mind the defense

looks to be improving with the new D-coordinator. The offensive line looks to get man-handled every week. Are there any keepers

on the O-line?

Sidenote: Mariucci's comments pre-game were funny to me. He listed the various ex-Bengals that are still in the league

and said that poor personnel decisions allowed these players to leave. To my mind, most every player he listed was

a good riddance. I'm guessing that his inability to judge talent has led to his departures from San Franscisco and Detroit

with no future hiring chances in the league in sight.

Paraphrasing here: The Bengals have gotten beaten up on both sides of the ball consistently the last decade by the better teams

in the league. Until they address this they will never win. (The best teams build from the inside out.)

If it's that simple, why can't they find some tough guys to put on the lines. Most other teams can find them. To my mind the defense

looks to be improving with the new D-coordinator. The offensive line looks to get man-handled every week. Are there any keepers

on the O-line?

My thought was much the same. (1) He's right - but in a kind of "duhh" way; and (2) I do think the Bengals are addressing some of these issues with the line a little more, but there's no way to know if that will hold out into the future. Hell, maybe they just got lucky (or at least it looks like it so far) with Sims and Collins. Who knows? I got a good mix of Boomer on the radio in the car and then Collinsworth both picking apart the Bengals at turns.

Matt Millen consistently built the Lions from the outside in. WR's and CB's were top priority. Lines were last. As it stands, they are the only team that is worse than the Bengals right now.

The Bengals haven't ignored O-line... but they did build it poorly. The D-line? Yes, it's been ignored - in hopes of late draft picks and journeymen veterans playing over their heads. Hasn't worked out well yet. Perhaps Sims will be a bright spot - but I'm not convinced that Sims and Peko will ever be considered an elite tandem. Perhaps just enough to plug up the middle to allow an elite pass rushing DE to do his job - something the Bengals will most likely not have anytime soon.

well, knee, i think you could say that about just any game, eh? lol. like when they played in those hurricane conditions, some want to say, well, were it not so windy.... problem with arguments like that is the other team plays under the same conditions, so really there's no excuse. often just as many bad things happen on both sides, so right now some pittsburgh fan is saying 'if my boys hadn't done this or that, we could have beat the bungals 57-10.'

i missed the first part of the game, but to me the dumbest thing i saw was when the bengals went for it by giving the ball to perry and expecting him to run a yard. he didn't, he got stuffed.

i look to what's going on with baltimore and miami as what should be happening in cincinnati, knowing it never will (any time soon, at least). you used to expect the bengals to come up with some trick play once in a while, but now the only thing you don't know will happen is whether or not fitz will run. crap, man, even the cards are doing good. it's like almost every team out there wants to win and at least makes an attempt at doing so (well, maybe not so much the raiders and detroit, at least in my uneducated opinion).

frankly i find it amazing a commentator even wastes his breath on the bengals anymore. i mean, how many times can you say the same thing?

well, knee, i think you could say that about just any game, eh? lol. like when they played in those hurricane conditions, some want to say, well, were it not so windy.... problem with arguments like that is the other team plays under the same conditions, so really there's no excuse. often just as many bad things happen on both sides, so right now some pittsburgh fan is saying 'if my boys hadn't done this or that, we could have beat the bungals 57-10.'

I'm not suggesting that they don't play under the same conditions. I am saying that good teams make plays and the Bengals didn't. The Steelers didn't beat them as much as they beat themselves. I hope that is more clear.