Chad OUT Tonight

HoosierCat

i cant even watch the stupid pre game show lol.

Well you missed seeing them replay Ward breaking Rivers' jaw like about 15 times. It is getting difficult to reconcile the league's enthusiastic use of that film for what can only be called marketing purposes with their claim that they really want to clean up the hits to the head and protect the players.

i cant even watch the stupid pre game show lol.

Well you missed seeing them replay Ward breaking Rivers' jaw like about 15 times. It is getting difficult to reconcile the league's enthusiastic use of that film for what can only be called marketing purposes with their claim that they really want to clean up the hits to the head and protect the players.

I wonder if it wasn't more than 15 times? Seriously. I've still got the recording, maybe I'll do a count before deleting?

Regardless, it was almost like watching the Zapruder(sp?) film in an endless loop. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left.

BTW, props to Crocker for the much needed payback hit on Santonio Holmes, a thump so hard I hear it brought tears to the eyes of at least three of Santonio's baby-mamas.

And now this.....

CONFLICTING INFO ON CHAD DEACTIVATION

Posted by Mike Florio on November 20, 2008, 4:03 p.m.

Earlier in the day, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported that Bengals receiver Chad Johnson’s deactivation for Thursday night’s game against the Steelers arose due to some type of altercation that occurred on Wednesday night.

Later, Bengals radio announcer Brad Johansen reported that Johnson had overslept and missed a team meeting.

Now, Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the incident resulted not from oversleeping, but from Johnson leaving a team meeting.

Per Glazer, Johnson showed up at the meeting, but was “extremely groggy.” When Johnson was slumped in his chair, offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski told Johnson to sit up straight.

Johnson refused. So Bratkowski repeated the instruction.

And Johnson instead stood up straight — and left.

Coach Marvin Lewis shouted at Johnson to return, but Johnson ignored him. Lewis chased him down and the two exchanged “several heated words.” Eventually, Marvin gave Chad the boot.

It’s unknown whether further discipline will be imposed. Under the CBA, the maximum possible discipline is a four-game suspension, without pay.

I don't see this as particularly conflicting. He showed up late, was groggy, didn't handle being corrected well, and took off.

I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning on my way to work, and they said that Chad told Deion Sanders that he was 45 minutes late, came into the meeting and leaned his head against the wall and closed his eyes. When he was corrected, he left.

So, the news? This just in... Chad is a douche. What do you know - just a new chapter in the same old story.

And now this.....

Earlier in the day, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported that Bengals receiver Chad Johnson’s deactivation for Thursday night’s game against the Steelers arose due to some type of altercation that occurred on Wednesday night.

Later, Bengals radio announcer Brad Johansen reported that Johnson had overslept and missed a team meeting.

Now, Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the incident resulted not from oversleeping, but from Johnson leaving a team meeting.

Per Glazer, Johnson showed up at the meeting, but was “extremely groggy.” When Johnson was slumped in his chair, offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski told Johnson to sit up straight.

Coach Marvin Lewis shouted at Johnson to return, but Johnson ignored him. Lewis chased him down and the two exchanged “several heated words.” Eventually, Marvin gave Chad the boot.

It’s unknown whether further discipline will be imposed. Under the CBA, the maximum possible discipline is a four-game suspension, without pay.

I don't see this as particularly conflicting. He showed up late, was groggy, didn't handle being corrected well, and took off.

I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning on my way to work, and they said that Chad told Deion Sanders that he was 45 minutes late, came into the meeting and leaned his head against the wall and closed his eyes. When he was corrected, he left.

So, the news? This just in... Chad is a douche. What do you know - just a new chapter in the same old story.

Whatever way it went down, it's obvious this stuff has been going on for a long time and it makes me wonder why they put up with it.

And now this.....

Whatever way it went down, it's obvious this stuff has been going on for a long time and it makes me wonder why they put up with it.

Because they are locked into a monster contract with Fredo and no one is stupid enough to make a good enough offer to take him of the Bengals' hands.

Oh wait...

Ok, Rudi was late for a meeting last year and was taken from the "starter" position, but STILL played in the game. You have to wonder why if the same thing happens to Chad, he is sat for the whole game... Not only that, they don't want to make a statement until AFTER the game tonight ?? If he was late, why not just say he was late ?? Are we to believe that is going to have some HUGE negative impact on the game tonight ?? I mean like having a rookie and practice squad player start on the o-line tonight isn't enough of an impact, but lets not talk about a guy late for a f*cking meeting because THAT would just send us over the top and cause us to lose the game tonight.

I call it their attempt at damage control and complete BULLSH*T !!!

Wow and what do you know, I get the chance to say this once again...... F*CK YOU CHAD !!!

I'm thinking comparative track records may also have something to do with the difference in the two situations. Rudi was relatively maintenance free prior to missing that meeting. Never really opened his pie-hole, did what was expected of him. Ocho Bencho--not so much.

And thank you for breaking out our salute to Fredo.

Wasn't there a few articles on rudi he was just always the type to be the last person who enters and if was late was like 5-10 minutes not 45.