Chad OUT Tonight

HoosierCat

I agree. Good stuff.

IMHO Chad's gotten a much undeserved pass for his role in this seasons meltdown....with way too many people pointing to his relative silence as some sort of sign that Chad has changed for the better. Bull.

I'm more than ready for a Cincinnati Bengal team that isn't built upon a raving douchebag. I'm ready now for whatever comes next. I'm ready for life without Chad. So let it happen now. Let it happen tonight. And then let it happen for good.

f**k that guy.

Chad has destroyed what every team needs, that being a team-first esprit de corps.

Unfortunately, there is really no stat for that. No tangible way to measure it. So he gets the free pass as sort of a benign court jester.

The Giants got rid of Jeremy Shockey and immediately began to play a lot better. They are still playing better this year. Meanwhile Shockey has led the Saints to the bottom of their division.

Smart football organizations know this kind of player can wreck you. I can't wait to say good riddance to Chad.

Sweet stuff. From Brad Johanson:

Chad Johnson will be deactivated from the game tonight for being late to an 8:30 p.m. meeting last night after arriving from Pittsburgh. Chad told the coaches that he overslept and begged Marvin Lewis to play this evening but was told that he has to be abide by the same rules that everybody else on the team has to abide by and that when rules are broken there are consequences. Chad said no matter how hard he tried to convince the coach to play he understands the ruling. Johnson was dealing with a swollen right knee that he injured Tuesday in practice and was having difficulty running on Wednesday but was still planning to play Thursday night.

What other WR's are healthy to developed? we have what 3 healthy wr's for this game TJ,henry & holt

Caldwell is back, and playing. Not sure of his exact health, but he should be returning kicks tonight with Holt.

Finally some interesting Bengal news. This should please alot of people. Not only is Levi down and replaced tonight but so is Chad. It will be real funny if all of a sudden Fitz has time to pass and finds Holt or Henry more often than he found Chad.

Even better this could be the start of a very long offseason of Chad speculation. Such as this from PFT

"CHAD GOT INTO A FIGHT?

Posted by Mike Florio on November 20, 2008, 10:40 a.m.

The career of Bengals receiver Chad Johnson began to diminish nearly three years ago, when word broke of his halftime antics during halftime of a playoff game against the Steelers. As we initially heard it, Johnson got into a physical altercation with receivers coach Hue Jackson, and head coach Marvin Lewis.

And so perhaps it’s fitting that the catalyst for the final collapse of Chad’s career in Cincinnati could be another scuffle.

Per Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Johnson “got into it last night with someone in the Cincinnati organization,” apparently at a team function.

Stay tuned."

I agree. Good stuff.

IMHO Chad's gotten a much undeserved pass for his role in this seasons meltdown....with way too many people pointing to his relative silence as some sort of sign that Chad has changed for the better. Bull.

I'm more than ready for a Cincinnati Bengal team that isn't built upon a raving douchebag. I'm ready now for whatever comes next. I'm ready for life without Chad. So let it happen now. Let it happen tonight. And then let it happen for good.

f**k that guy.

I'm with you, and have been on this issue all season. Just because he keeps his trap shut and kisses Marvin on the sideline doesn't mean jack. Too many dropped passes. Too many blown routes. Doing a little better on blocking: blocks like a wet dish rag now instead of a wet noodle. All in all, not the season he needed to encourage teams to go out on a limb and try to acquire his services.

Which, and I know some will bash me here, makes it more imperative we try to resign TJ, because Henry looks awful, our rookies are MIA, Holt isn't a starting receiver. TJ's all we got left.

What other WR's are healthy to developed? we have what 3 healthy wr's for this game TJ,henry & holt

Caldwell is back, and playing. Not sure of his exact health, but he should be returning kicks tonight with Holt.

The career of Bengals receiver Chad Johnson began to diminish nearly three years ago, when word broke of his halftime antics during halftime of a playoff game against the Steelers. As we initially heard it, Johnson got into a physical altercation with receivers coach Hue Jackson, and head coach Marvin Lewis.

Bingo...and don't give me the crap about how in 2006 and 2007 he was tops or second in yards caught. This whole team has never been the same since that halftime-whatever in the playoff game.

Dan Davis just reported on ESPN that Chad was suspended because he showed up late for a team meeting, "then got into an argument with Coach Marvin Lewis."

Yeah, they're saying 45 minutes late, then an argument with Lewis, then Chad is sent home.

And this from Chad's mouthpiece....

"Chad is very disappointed that he's not playing, but he respects coach [Marvin] Lewis and the team's decision," Rosenhaus said. "He's not going to make this a controversy or a circus. We're going to keep it in-house between ourselves and the team. He's got five more games to go. This is unfortunate that he's not playing. Chad lives to play."

Even better this could be the start of a very long offseason of Chad speculation. Such as this from PFT...

It's funny, I stumbled over rumors of a fight more than two hours ago, but I didn't post anything about it because there wasn't a scrap of evidence to support the story. So what does Mike Florio do? Well, he spews...that's what he does.

Moving on, you do have to wonder why the Bengals are refusing to release an official statement until after the game?

To quote Fife, nip it. Nip it in the bud.

Get YOUR message out there now.

Because douchebags like Florio aren't waiting.

Chad Johnson will be deactivated from the game tonight for being late to an 8:30 p.m. meeting last night after arriving from Pittsburgh. Chad told the coaches that he overslept

At first I thought the p in the p.m. might be a typo. After all, who could oversleep through an 8:30 pm meeting? I guess I now have an answer to that question.

This team is built around way to many drama queens and not enough good hearted football players. Somthing needs to change and i wish they would have gotten rid of Chad this year, and the way the year has gone i really wish they would have now. Im gettin alittle tired of they cyin in the locker room the drama queens.

Ok, Rudi was late for a meeting last year and was taken from the "starter" position, but STILL played in the game. You have to wonder why if the same thing happens to Chad, he is sat for the whole game... Not only that, they don't want to make a statement until AFTER the game tonight ?? If he was late, why not just say he was late ?? Are we to believe that is going to have some HUGE negative impact on the game tonight ?? I mean like having a rookie and practice squad player start on the o-line tonight isn't enough of an impact, but lets not talk about a guy late for a f*cking meeting because THAT would just send us over the top and cause us to lose the game tonight.

I call it their attempt at damage control and complete BULLSH*T !!!

Wow and what do you know, I get the chance to say this once again...... F*CK YOU CHAD !!!

Even better this could be the start of a very long offseason of Chad speculation. Such as this from PFT...

It's funny, I stumbled over rumors of a fight more than two hours ago, but I didn't post anything about it because there wasn't a scrap of evidence to support the story. So what does Mike Florio do? Well, he spews...that's what he does.

Moving on, you do have to wonder why the Bengals are refusing to release an official statement until after the game?

To quote Fife, nip it. Nip it in the bud.

Get YOUR message out there now.

Because douchebags like Florio aren't waiting.

Lazy a$$ sport reporters love this kind of story. I'm a lazy a$$ sports readers, no just lazy a$$ and enjoy reading it knowing all the while there is more sh?t in it than bull. Still you got to love it if you are a jaded Bengals fan. There is no team in the NFL this entertaining in the TMZ way.

Plus think of this. This game tonight was going to be a dog for the TV crew. Now no more!

They have right here a good 30 minutes of bonus material for tonight. NFL fans would have shot themselves rather than watch this game will now tune in for .... Chad on the line cuz you know he's going to do an interview with them tonight.

Wave bye-bye to any chance of receiving a 1st rounder for Princess Chad. SOP asleep at the switch once again. I agree with HOF, Princess Chad is given FAR too much credit for keeping his mouth shut this season. IMO he doomed the season to failure months ago. The only reason he probably shut his pie hole is his agent finally convinced him that he was costing himself money by acting like an ass.

I too am done. I am ready for......well, anything else but this.

Ok, Rudi was late for a meeting last year and was taken from the "starter" position, but STILL played in the game. You have to wonder why if the same thing happens to Chad, he is sat for the whole game...

Mort kinda tap danced around that point...suggesting the stiffer penalty resulted from Chad's immediate reaction to the news he would be disciplined. Apparently Chad had another mini-meltdown, which isn't very hard to believe.

Not sure if the above is accurate, but it would explain why Chad isn't playing at all and why he was sent home instead of remaining with the team after being deactivated.

If Brat had a brain, he'd use his TE's more........But he doesn't, so dont expect kelly or Utecht to catch a pass tonight.

And now this.....

CONFLICTING INFO ON CHAD DEACTIVATION

Posted by Mike Florio on November 20, 2008, 4:03 p.m.

Earlier in the day, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported that Bengals receiver Chad Johnson’s deactivation for Thursday night’s game against the Steelers arose due to some type of altercation that occurred on Wednesday night.

Later, Bengals radio announcer Brad Johansen reported that Johnson had overslept and missed a team meeting.

Now, Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the incident resulted not from oversleeping, but from Johnson leaving a team meeting.

Per Glazer, Johnson showed up at the meeting, but was “extremely groggy.” When Johnson was slumped in his chair, offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski told Johnson to sit up straight.

Johnson refused. So Bratkowski repeated the instruction.

And Johnson instead stood up straight — and left.

Coach Marvin Lewis shouted at Johnson to return, but Johnson ignored him. Lewis chased him down and the two exchanged “several heated words.” Eventually, Marvin gave Chad the boot.

It’s unknown whether further discipline will be imposed. Under the CBA, the maximum possible discipline is a four-game suspension, without pay.

Ok, Rudi was late for a meeting last year and was taken from the "starter" position, but STILL played in the game. You have to wonder why if the same thing happens to Chad, he is sat for the whole game... Not only that, they don't want to make a statement until AFTER the game tonight ?? If he was late, why not just say he was late ?? Are we to believe that is going to have some HUGE negative impact on the game tonight ?? I mean like having a rookie and practice squad player start on the o-line tonight isn't enough of an impact, but lets not talk about a guy late for a f*cking meeting because THAT would just send us over the top and cause us to lose the game tonight.

I call it their attempt at damage control and complete BULLSH*T !!!

Wow and what do you know, I get the chance to say this once again...... F*CK YOU CHAD !!!

I'm thinking comparative track records may also have something to do with the difference in the two situations. Rudi was relatively maintenance free prior to missing that meeting. Never really opened his pie-hole, did what was expected of him. Ocho Bencho--not so much.

And thank you for breaking out our salute to Fredo.