We have to give props! Great Job Bengals

bnglsboi8532

We have been bashing the players for their effort and will to win and we have called out almost every coach on the team but you have to give credit where credit is due. The players did a full 180 from the Houston game where it looked like they didn't even want to play anymore this season but vs. the Jaguars they played with fire, passion, and enthusiam. Everybody who was bashing our D-Line, step up like a man and give props b/c whenever we blitz we had David Garrard running for his life and even when we didn't blitz our D-Line was either sacking him or pressuring him to either pass it early, run or throw it away. Great jobs boys, plus Pat Sims was outta his mind crazy good. Is that what a DT is supposed to play like? And also to the coaches for having a great gameplan vs. a pretty good team. Touche Bengals, maybe they haven't quit on the season....

:sure:

Finally guys in this locker room stood up and addresed the team. Whit, TJ finally stood up and became a leader that day, and talked to these guys before the game. If they are going to get rid of all there leaders somebody better step up and do, because we all know Marvin wont. My question is why didnt this happen along time ago, why wait till game 9 to do it. Im just glad guys steped up and became a leader that day.

The Bengals showed intensity that we hadn't seen yet this year. But the product still wasn't all that special.

We're acting like they went out there and stomped the best team in football. The fact is they beat a mediocre team, at home, by 2 points.

I won't take the victory away from them... but they did do their best to choke it away allowing 16 unanswered points in the 2nd half.

It was good to see some fire. Some desire. Some emotion. But the Bengals proved to me further that on a day when they had all those things going for them, they still can barely win a game.

I'm sorry if this seems like a pessimist writing... but I'm just so fed up with Mike Brown that a solitary impressive performance from the D-Line isn't going to help me out very much.

The Bengals showed intensity that we hadn't seen yet this year. But the product still wasn't all that special.

We're acting like they went out there and stomped the best team in football. The fact is they beat a mediocre team, at home, by 2 points.

I won't take the victory away from them... but they did do their best to choke it away allowing 16 unanswered points in the 2nd half.

It was good to see some fire. Some desire. Some emotion. But the Bengals proved to me further that on a day when they had all those things going for them, they still can barely win a game.

I'm sorry if this seems like a pessimist writing... but I'm just so fed up with Mike Brown that a solitary impressive performance from the D-Line isn't going to help me out very much.

Begrudging the cat its death bounce. Cold.

actually, re: that good performance by the d-line: the Jaguars O-Line has been decimated with injuries, and they are starting at least two scrubs, maybe three.

substantially less impressive, no?

Word. I am liking the Sims pick though. Perhaps some day the D-Line will mature into one worthy of playing in the NFL? Damn... I try to keep my wishful thinking hidden.

So, why the effort now? Because, Boomer and the Chin called them out? In pre-game they were making a big deal about the OL being on the field early. Really? Did they just now figure out that they suck?!

Just what we need, a reason for Brown to be optimistic. A couple more 'big wins' in meaningless games and he won't have to make any changes at all. That would be ideal!

A couple more 'big wins' in meaningless games and he won't have to make any changes at all.

The same thing occurred to me. Then I tried to guess what big changes we might be missing out on, the changes Mike would have made had we gone 0-16. Nothing came to mind.

A couple more 'big wins' in meaningless games and he won't have to make any changes at all.

The same thing occurred to me. Then I tried to guess what big changes we might be missing out on, the changes Mike would have made had we gone 0-16. Nothing came to mind.

I suppose the long awaited expansion of the Player Personnel Department will have to wait until another Brown or Blackburn gratuates from college.

So, why the effort now?

Just a guess, but I'd say the players were playing hard for pride, their own professional futures, as well as the professional future of their head coach. (Emphasis on the latter.)

That answer may sadden many of you, but speaking only for myself....I really needed to see a pulse from these guys.