Former Bengal

b0ng

Hey, as you can probably guess I'm a Texans fan. Anyways, I wanted to know what you guys thought of Kevin Walter when he was on your team, and why he got released? Have you guys followed him at all since he's left?

In Houston, Walter has blossomed into a solid #2 receiver, even when Andre Johnson was out last year, he mightily carried his weight. I like his work ethic and his attitude and apparently so does one Chad Ocho Cinco. Link Here

...Another person, I don’t know if you guys know that Kevin Walter was here also with me. Kev’s got to be the hardest working receiver in football, to get where you’re at. If y’all get a chance, please tell him I said congratulations on all of the success and tell him that he still has the sexiest body in football, too.”

Hey, as you can probably guess I'm a Texans fan. Anyways, I wanted to know what you guys thought of Kevin Walter when he was on your team, and why he got released? Have you guys followed him at all since he's left?

In Houston, Walter has blossomed into a solid #2 receiver, even when Andre Johnson was out last year, he mightily carried his weight. I like his work ethic and his attitude and apparently so does one Chad Ocho Cinco. Link Here

...Another person, I don’t know if you guys know that Kevin Walter was here also with me. Kev’s got to be the hardest working receiver in football, to get where you’re at. If y’all get a chance, please tell him I said congratulations on all of the success and tell him that he still has the sexiest body in football, too.”

I don't know about the body thing, but I always liked Walter. Met him once and he was a genuinely nice guy, and I liked him as a receiver. He was overshadowed obviously by TJ, Fredo and rookie Chris Henry, but that was when we had the best receiver corps in football and thought they would all last forever.

I'm happy for him too. I picked him up in fantasy football when Johnson went down and he did me some good. When he was a Bengal, I thought he had good hands, never dropped a clutch pass. He just wasn't needed at that point.

I'm happy for him too. I picked him up in fantasy football when Johnson went down and he did me some good. When he was a Bengal, I thought he had good hands, never dropped a clutch pass. He just wasn't needed at that point.

What was the deal with him getting dropped? Just because Housh, CJ, and Henry were lighting up, so he was a victim of a numbers game?

What was the deal with him getting dropped? Just because Housh, CJ, and Henry were lighting up, so he was a victim of a numbers game?

Way I remember it, he just wanted too much coin for a glorified special teams guy that got maybe a couple passes per game on average tossed his way. After 2005, if I remember it right, we had to deal with Levi, Rudi, redid Fredo's contract, redid Palmer's contract. Houston tendered him a price we weren't willing to match.

Walter became a RFA (I think it was after his rookie contract). Houston offered him a deal that we refused to match (even though many of us thought we should). Since he was a 7th round pick, we got your 7th round pick that year - and if I remember correctly, that may have been the pick we got Chinny with? Or was it the Ethan Kilmer year?

Anyhow, the majority of the time he was with us, he was a standout special teamer. The last two seasons with us, he showed what he could at receiver in the preseason. His last season, he made it into a few games as our #3 WR and did a very good job. It was sad to see him go, but I guess Mike Brown felt he couldn't pay 1.7mil (or somewhere around there) a year to what would have been our #4 or #5 receiver.