The "To F*cking Soon Mock Draft"

ArmyBengal

Well, for no other reason than to give me something to do that usually makes me happy, (although not THIS early) I decided to take a look at what could be there for us in the 2009 draft. YES, I realize this is early. YES, I realize that Mike Brown is still an idiot. YES, I realize we don't have a GM. Just bear with me and feel free to take a reprive from what is the agony of this season... Oh yeah, I planned for getting an extra second round pick for Chad...

ROUND #1 -- Andre Smith, OT, Alabama (6'5, 339)

I can't really go into it much more than saying he's the guy I would really like to get. He's big and he's been a starter on the O-line since he was a freshman in the SEC. I think the guy is going to be a beast and GOD knows we need some help on the O-line. I think Andrews is gone as well...

ROUND #2 -- Jonathan Luigs, Center, Arkansas (6'4, 314)

The guy is just a beast and I think would be an immediate upgrade to Guychick. Yet another added piece to an area of GREAT need. Alex Mack could also be an option without much complaint if he last until the top of the second...

ROUND #2 -- Brandon Spikes, MLB, Florida (6'3, 244)

He's great in pass coverage and a VERY sound tackler who can fill the gap quickly. I like his size as well...

ROUND #3 -- Kraig Urbik, Guard, Wisconsin (6'6, 328)

Versatile being able to play both Guard and Tackle. BIG guy who is exactly what we need in regards to filling depth because God knows Kooistra can't be the backup for every position on the O-line. Also very durable player...

ROUND #4 -- Mark Parson, CB, Ohio (5'10, 193)

Not huge, but not small either and is very strong (18 reps of 225). All reports call him a "seldom beat man to man corner". His 4.3 speed coupled with his noted leadership and intelligence will be a nice addition to a position I see as weak after Hall and JJoe.

ROUND #5 -- Jasper Brinkley, MLB, South Carolina (6'2, 257)

This guy had a knee injury, but has been a highly regarded MLB and with NOTHING after Dhani, I like the idea of drafting two MLB's. He was thought to be a first or second round pick prior to the injury. He's playing very solid so far this season for the Gamecocks. Once again, I like the size of this guy and don't want to see anymore Caleb Miller's drafted.

ROUND #6 -- Marcus Thigpen, RB, Indiana (5'9, 195)

I truly believe that with an improved line, Perry (may) play better and Benson should play better with more time in the system. That being said, Thigpen may not be the best running back in the draft, but his 4.3 speed and being possibly the best kick returner in the country is pretty appealing sitting here in the 6th round.

ROUND #7 -- Trevor Canfield, Guard, Cincinnati (6'5, 320)

Yes, I know he had an assault charge against him, but if he was still there in the 7th, I can't see NOT taking a chance on a guy like this at this point in the draft. Many had him as a 5th round prospect but dropping due to the dropped asssault charge. MORE DEPTH FOR THE O-LINE CAN ONLY BE A GOOD THING !!!

Well, there you go... Please don't be an ass and just bash it to hell and back. Like I said earlier, it's WAY to early for this, but I have nothing else to look forward to this season. MANY things may change between here and there... Have a good one !!!

Where do we get the extra second?

From trading chad ;)

I like it the draft though hopefully RB would be addressed sooner then the 6th round

I hope we get an extra first though. But that would be an awesome draft to pick up a T and C and LB in the first 3 picks. That fills 3 immidiate needs.

Now all we gotta do is sign Haynesworth and were set.

We need to pick up a DE and a LS (r7?) somewhere in there

Probably a 3 down TE as well

Is Andre Smith a LT or a RT? We should be focusing on a LT.

Don't take my word for it but I think someone said in another thread that he's a LT.

I was thinking a DE as well, but with Rucker playing solid ball and the noted improvement when Thornton isn't in there NOT demanding a double team, I think we may be able to wait on this one. You may be absoltely correct though...

As for running back, how much is on the O-line and how much is on Perry ?? It's hard to say, but I would like to see Benson get some more time in and give him a look see. I can't see the RB position getting addressed before day two and if it does, I won't be happy about it when the line sucks. I say draft heavy on the lines and then go from there...

I just don't see them going after a TE...

ROUND #1 --

ARMY'S PICK: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

MIKEY'S PICK: Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State (local, fragile)

DERELICT'S PICK- a) Trade down - we need alot

B-) If top 3 - Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss -or- Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

c) If 4 thru 10 - Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC -or- Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

d) If 11 thru 20 - Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech -or- James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio State

ROUND #2 --

ARMY'S PICK: Jonathan Luigs, Center, Arkansas

MIKEY'S PICK: Maurice Evans, DE, Penn State (charged with pot)

DERELICT'S PICK: Alex Mack, C, California

ROUND #2 --

ARMY'S PICK: Brandon Spikes, MLB, Florida

MIKEY'S PICK: Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State (local, over-rated)

DERELICT'S PICK: Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan -OR- George Selvie, DE/OLB, South Florida

ROUND #3 --

ARMY'S PICK: Kraig Urbik, Guard, Wisconsin

MIKEY'S PICK: LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh (a 2nd one...just in case)

DERELICT'S PICK: Maurice Evans, DE, Penn State -or- Dannell Ellerbe, ILB, Georgia

ROUND #4 --

ARMY'S PICK: Mark Parson, CB, Ohio (5'10, 193)

MIKEY'S PICK: Trevor Canfield, G, Cincinnati (charged with assault)

DERELICT'S PICK: Mike Mickens, CB, Cincinnati -or- Javon Ringer, RB, Michigan State

the rest are BPA

I would definitely agree with trading down in the first, but only if it's only a few slots and we still get one of the top two OT's in the draft.

I would be happy with either Luigs or Mack, I just kind of figured Mack would be gone in the bottom of the first.

I think I would vomit if we don't address the MLB position before the 4th round. Selvie wouldn't bother me that much.

I stick with the drafting of a guard, especially one that is BIG, and equally important, VERSATILE !!!

It will go back and forth in regards to the specific player, but I like drafting O-line with 3 of our first 4 picks...

Well, for no other reason than to give me something to do that usually makes me happy, (although not THIS early) I decided to take a look at what could be there for us in the 2009 draft. YES, I realize this is early. YES, I realize that Mike Brown is still an idiot. YES, I realize we don't have a GM. Just bear with me and feel free to take a reprive from what is the agony of this season... Oh yeah, I planned for getting an extra second round pick for Chad...

ROUND #1 -- Andre Smith, OT, Alabama (6'5, 339)

I can't really go into it much more than saying he's the guy I would really like to get. He's big and he's been a starter on the O-line since he was a freshman in the SEC. I think the guy is going to be a beast and GOD knows we need some help on the O-line. I think Andrews is gone as well...

ROUND #2 -- Jonathan Luigs, Center, Arkansas (6'4, 314)

The guy is just a beast and I think would be an immediate upgrade to Guychick. Yet another added piece to an area of GREAT need. Alex Mack could also be an option without much complaint if he last until the top of the second...

ROUND #2 -- Brandon Spikes, MLB, Florida (6'3, 244)

He's great in pass coverage and a VERY sound tackler who can fill the gap quickly. I like his size as well...

ROUND #3 -- Kraig Urbik, Guard, Wisconsin (6'6, 328)

Versatile being able to play both Guard and Tackle. BIG guy who is exactly what we need in regards to filling depth because God knows Kooistra can't be the backup for every position on the O-line. Also very durable player...

ROUND #4 -- Mark Parson, CB, Ohio (5'10, 193)

Not huge, but not small either and is very strong (18 reps of 225). All reports call him a "seldom beat man to man corner". His 4.3 speed coupled with his noted leadership and intelligence will be a nice addition to a position I see as weak after Hall and JJoe.

ROUND #5 -- Jasper Brinkley, MLB, South Carolina (6'2, 257)

This guy had a knee injury, but has been a highly regarded MLB and with NOTHING after Dhani, I like the idea of drafting two MLB's. He was thought to be a first or second round pick prior to the injury. He's playing very solid so far this season for the Gamecocks. Once again, I like the size of this guy and don't want to see anymore Caleb Miller's drafted.

ROUND #6 -- Marcus Thigpen, RB, Indiana (5'9, 195)

I truly believe that with an improved line, Perry (may) play better and Benson should play better with more time in the system. That being said, Thigpen may not be the best running back in the draft, but his 4.3 speed and being possibly the best kick returner in the country is pretty appealing sitting here in the 6th round.

ROUND #7 -- Trevor Canfield, Guard, Cincinnati (6'5, 320)

Yes, I know he had an assault charge against him, but if he was still there in the 7th, I can't see NOT taking a chance on a guy like this at this point in the draft. Many had him as a 5th round prospect but dropping due to the dropped asssault charge. MORE DEPTH FOR THE O-LINE CAN ONLY BE A GOOD THING !!!

Well, there you go... Please don't be an ass and just bash it to hell and back. Like I said earlier, it's WAY to early for this, but I have nothing else to look forward to this season. MANY things may change between here and there... Have a good one !!!

No D-Line?

I'm honestly not real concerned about the DT position, but in going back, DE could be and probably should be addressed earlier. If we could trade down even a few slots and pick up an additional 2nd, I would love to see it used in that capacity. Then again, it's an arguable point that could very easily go the way of getting a RB earlier than I have projected as well.

Like I said, it's VERY early and this is bound to change at least 100 times...