Another example of this teams IQ

walzav29

Palmer's injury was not going to heal after resting against Cleveland. Why not play him against the Browns get a win. Then try it again against Dallas? The season is over. Why not rest Palmer until it's 100%? If you are going to play him hurt why not try to get to 1-3? 0-5 he's still trying to play hurt. This is a frustrating season.

Palmer's injury was not going to heal after resting against Cleveland. Why not play him against the Browns get a win. Then try it again against Dallas? The season is over. Why not rest Palmer until it's 100%? If you are going to play him hurt why not try to get to 1-3? 0-5 he's still trying to play hurt. This is a frustrating season.

My thoughts exactly. For how important the Browns game was, why not play. That's why I thought it was more serious than reported. Then he plays in a largely meaningless game in Dallas.

I dont know. Marvin call a timeout and think about it.

Money my man. If Palmer sits, how many season ticket holders will just sit at home?

Palmer's injury has to balanced against the risk of further injury, perhaps more permanent injury against lost revenue from season ticket holders staying home.

Given Bengal luck, I think its too close a call to play him. He'll probably blow out his elbow in December and be lost for the 2009 season. Then come back in 2010 with the velocity of Chad Pennington....ie the ideal feather touch QB.

My thoughts exactly. For how important the Browns game was, why not play. That's why I thought it was more serious than reported. Then he plays in a largely meaningless game in Dallas.

I dont know. Marvin call a timeout and think about it.

I heard it was the medical staff not Marvin that pulled the plug.

if they played palmer to satisfy season ticket holders, why then play him in dallas and satisfy *their* fans? i don't see any advantage of palmer playing dallas if there was a serious risk of injury (more than normal). i very much doubt there was any monetary motivation for playing him ~ indeed, had he gotten seriously injured, they would be minus their 'elite' QB and that's *not* how you satisfy fans.

palmer or not, people were going to see the browns.

What I see is Carson sitting out with an owie on his elbow in a winnable game against Cleveland, while Roethlisberger plays regardless of the pain he feels. I can't say for certain this was Palmers call. I doubt it was.

All I'm saying is other winning organizations gives things a go before they bail. <_<

What I see is Carson sitting out with an owie on his elbow in a winnable game against Cleveland, while Roethlisberger plays regardless of the pain he feels. I can't say for certain this was Palmers call. I doubt it was.

All I'm saying is other winning organizations gives things a go before they bail. <_<

From everything i've heard/read Palmer wanted to go vs. Cleveland, but the "medical staff" (in quotations because i doubt they are truly a REAL medical staff) wouldnt clear him......

Carson is a gamer, he doesnt want to sit, and from the reports, it wasnt his call.