Latest roster moves

gregstephens

Bengals resigned Kenny Watson today. Also, the league informed the Bengals they will be without LB Darryl Blackstock for four games for violating the performance-enhancing policy.

In re Blackstock, does that mean, as a Bengal, he was trying too hard??? :huh:

I'm actually glad to hear, yet at the same time dissapointed that he got caught, to know that there are players on the Bengals using performance-enhancing 'supplements.'

The NFL notified the Bengals on Tuesday that LB Darryl Blackstock will be suspended for the next four games for violating league policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Blackstock, a fourth-year NFL player, has played in all five of the Bengals’ games, recording three tackles on defense and one on special teams. He will not be allowed to attend meetings, practice or play for the period of Games 6-9.

Does no one find that f**king embaressing? 3 tackles and 1 on special teams in 5 games? What are you doing? running away from the ball?

Bengals resigned Kenny Watson today. Also, the league informed the Bengals they will be without LB Darryl Blackstock for four games for violating the performance-enhancing policy.

In re Blackstock, does that mean, as a Bengal, he was trying too hard??? :huh:

I'm actually glad to hear, yet at the same time dissapointed that he got caught, to know that there are players on the Bengals using performance-enhancing 'supplements.'

You should be disappointed that he was doing it at all, not just that he got caught. There's no need to do that stuff. Especially with the consequences that come with it.

The NFL notified the Bengals on Tuesday that LB Darryl Blackstock will be suspended for the next four games for violating league policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Blackstock, a fourth-year NFL player, has played in all five of the Bengals’ games, recording three tackles on defense and one on special teams. He will not be allowed to attend meetings, practice or play for the period of Games 6-9.

Does no one find that f**king embaressing? 3 tackles and 1 on special teams in 5 games? What are you doing? running away from the ball?

It's even more embarrassing considering he was, um, on 'supplements'. What's he doing if he's clean? Putting his helmet on backwards, drooling and tackling the referree because 'he's the guy with the ball'?

It's even more embarrassing considering he was, um, on 'supplements'. What's he doing if he's clean? Putting his helmet on backwards, drooling and tackling the referree because 'he's the guy with the ball'?

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

This is why i'm embarassed. lol

No real impact that I see. I don't remember him playing a down yet this season.

CINCINNATI (AP)—The NFL suspended Cincinnati Bengals reserve linebacker Darryl Blackstock for the next four games on Tuesday because he used a performance-enhancing substance.

The Bengals signed Blackstock as a free agent from Arizona in the offseason. He has played in all five games, including one start, and has four tackles. The fourth-year veteran said in a statement that one of his nutritional supplements contained an ingredient banned by the league.

“I’ve apologized to my coaches and teammates for an unfortunate mistake,” Blackstock said. “I did not intentionally violate the policy, but I know it’s my responsibility to use only approved nutritional supplements, and I didn’t realize I was taking an over-the-counter product that included a banned substance.”

The Bengals also re-signed running back Kenny Watson, who was released on Saturday when they needed to open a roster spot for receiver Chris Henry. The troubled receiver returned from a four-game suspension for misconduct and played in a 31-22 loss at Dallas, where he didn’t have a pass thrown his way.

Watson carried seven times for 32 yards in the first four games, when he was Chris Perry’s backup. His return gives the Bengals three tailbacks, including Cedric Benson, who was signed last week as a free agent.

Cincinnati also added rookie cornerback Simeon Castille to their practice squad on Tuesday. Castille, an undrafted free agent from Alabama, played in the first four games and was waived last Friday.

Guys, I've explained this a million times. Blackstock obviously doesn't get much playing time. JungleD, there's a reason for the stats you see, he's riding a lot of pine... Unfortunately he got caught, who else is taking 'supplements,' surely he's not the only player in the Bengals organization that is using.

The NFL is so competitive within each clubhouse, that some guys like Blackstock for example need that extra help. I don't see anything wrong with it. He wants to earn a starting position and doesn't have what it takes to do that. He does not have the abilitly that a 22-23 year old MONSTER like Rivers has been blessed with. So what can he do? He uses a 'supplement' that gives him an edge, a chance to compete. You won't see Blackstock around much longer now that he got caught, he won't compete without that extra help. He was let go by Arizona (That has to tell you something) and he must've either felt that this was his last oppurtunity to make something happen in the NFL or he's a habitual user.

To understand this mentality it would help to hear these things from a user of hormones (roids) for many years. My dad was an ametuer body-builder who met a LOT of people in this underground community. Just think outside the box. There are many jobs where this same situation happen.

Take Zach Thomas for example. How in the world is that old man still out there on the field runnin' with these younger, more athletic, faster, and stronger players? I'd put nice coin down that says he's a user.

Take Zach Thomas for example. How in the world is that old man still out there on the field runnin' with these younger, more athletic, faster, and stronger players? I'd put nice coin down that says he's a user.

Zach Thomas' head is about the size of a large pumpkin.

Yeah, but he's so graceful on the dance floor. Oh...wait a minute, that was someone else. :blush:

Yeah, but he's so graceful on the dance floor. Oh...wait a minute, that was someone else. :blush:

Zach Thomas makes up for experiance where he lacks speed, and hes still a monster. Although Dhani Jones is showing to be just as good as he was back when the Eagles made the superbowl. That may just be because hes the only one on the defence that can tackle or that we have no DT's and he gets all the tackles up the middle lol. i know thats why i led my team in tackles the last year i played.

Blackstock, a fourth-year NFL player, has played in all five of the Bengals' games, recording three tackles on defense and one on special teams. He will not be allowed to attend meetings, practice or play for the period of Games 6-9.

The pills weren't working too well were they?

Blackstock, a fourth-year NFL player, has played in all five of the Bengals' games, recording three tackles on defense and one on special teams. He will not be allowed to attend meetings, practice or play for the period of Games 6-9.

The pills weren't working too well were they?

I don't know man, he put a pretty nice hit on Marion Barber III Sunday. Barber's no chump either, the dude is cock diesel. Barber just got up and looked at him trying to see who just put that hit on him and had this look like, "Damn that f**kin hurt, are you on roids or what?" It was a nice stick.