Three players who need to go...

Whur CHad At?

If it were a case of fumble-itis (and I can't believe I'm even typing that word with an NFL running back) and strong overall performance, that would be one thing. He only averaged 2.4 yards per carry yesterday? He's only averaging 2.8 YPC through five games! One good run doesn't mean squat in the long-term scheme. If he were averaging 3.8 YPC, the five fumbles would still be too many, but still...

Fumble-freaking-itis. I'm with kingwilly. He's not showing any reason to keep him next season. He's no Willie Parker, agreen. Get your head out of your tail.

We could go 'round and 'round all day Greg. You can't say that Perry has had much run-blocking support. Maybe that has to do with the 2.8 YPC.

I'm not saying he's a Willie Parker, I said Willie had a bad case of fumble-itis... Quit with the insults, It doesn't phase me, but it just makes YOU look bad.

God forbid someone have a different outlook on the whole situation around here. It's like your a bunch of sheep.

Dude...there is not one insult in that post you referenced. I told you to get your head out of your tail, but there isn't a direct insult against you.

Why can't you just make one objective post about this team? We're 0-5. We've played like crap most of the season. The other times, like yesterday, we played average at best. Has Perry had run-blocking support? No. But he's also not the answer at the back position, either. I've acknowledged the Bengals' better level of play when it was warranted, but you refuse to call this team on the carpet for ANYTHING.

Get your head out of your tail.

I think he was born with it there. He'd have to have it surgically removed.

But be warned, I'm sure we'll get the "You don't know me" response post......

Seriously, are you 16 dude? Or just a keyboard jockey??

You don't know me!!! :lol::lol::lol:

If it were a case of fumble-itis (and I can't believe I'm even typing that word with an NFL running back) and strong overall performance, that would be one thing. He only averaged 2.4 yards per carry yesterday? He's only averaging 2.8 YPC through five games! One good run doesn't mean squat in the long-term scheme. If he were averaging 3.8 YPC, the five fumbles would still be too many, but still...

Fumble-freaking-itis. I'm with kingwilly. He's not showing any reason to keep him next season. He's no Willie Parker, agreen. Get your head out of your tail.

We could go 'round and 'round all day Greg. You can't say that Perry has had much run-blocking support. Maybe that has to do with the 2.8 YPC.

I'm not saying he's a Willie Parker, I said Willie had a bad case of fumble-itis... Quit with the insults, It doesn't phase me, but it just makes YOU look bad.

God forbid someone have a different outlook on the whole situation around here. It's like your a bunch of sheep.

Dude...there is not one insult in that post you referenced. I told you to get your head out of your tail, but there isn't a direct insult against you.

Why can't you just make one objective post about this team? We're 0-5. We've played like crap most of the season. The other times, like yesterday, we played average at best. Has Perry had run-blocking support? No. But he's also not the answer at the back position, either. I've acknowledged the Bengals' better level of play when it was warranted, but you refuse to call this team on the carpet for ANYTHING.

Sure I have. I've called out Bratkowski several times. I think he's one of the main reasons this offense has regressed. He's not using the weapons he has AT ALL!

I've mentioned that I think Palmer is playing really really bad. He's been bad for two seasons now. He may never be the same. I hope he proves me wrong.

Why John Thorton has a job is beyond belief. I don't get it, he's worthless. He is completely dispensible. You could plug in anybody to do what he does. Nothing. Is this Marvin's call or higher?

The worst mistake this club (MB, ML, whoever was responsible) made was letting Steiny Walk. Imagine a Steiny and Whitworth duo. Jeezus H that would be great! Huge reason why our offensive line is in shambles.

I'm borderline about to go completely off the wire on Marvin. He's still my coach though. I don't see a better man for the job right now. There's a lot of unanswered questions and I'm not sure its Marv's fault or not.

The 0-5 record pisses me off. We're not a Detroit Lions or are we? Who the hell knows. I think we're better then the Lions though, don't you?

Sorry for taking the 'head out of tail' comment out of context. I took it as an insult.

Hey smart guy, Mendenhall had fumble-itis throughout the preseason. Willie Parker had a BAD case of fumble-itis, the Steelers didn't give up on him. I don't have to name one rookie because that point is a non-issue. Fumble-itis is something that happens. It happens to the best of players and it will continue to happen.

Chris Perry is fine. This doesn't mean that I wasn't screaming at the TV when he fumbled the rock. I WAS mad. Now that I've had time to reflect, I feel that it's fumbe-itis.

On the play were he ran in for a touchdown, through the heart of a defense with several Pro Bowlers, was a great example of how Perry runs. He goes 110% every down. Unfortunately there was a TERRIBLE holding call on #84.

He's much better than Rudi. Rudi was done two years ago. If Irons hadn't of blown out his knee he could've been an option. Perry is the best option we have. And yes, I believe this case of fumble-itis will go away.

Ridiculous arguing over Chris Perry. In 5 games he is heading for "former NFL" status. Benson could have his job next week.

Sure I have. I've called out Bratkowski several times. I think he's one of the main reasons this offense has regressed. He's not using the weapons he has AT ALL!

I've mentioned that I think Palmer is playing really really bad. He's been bad for two seasons now. He may never be the same. I hope he proves me wrong.

Why John Thorton has a job is beyond belief. I don't get it, he's worthless. He is completely dispensible. You could plug in anybody to do what he does. Nothing. Is this Marvin's call or higher?

The worst mistake this club (MB, ML, whoever was responsible) made was letting Steiny Walk. Imagine a Steiny and Whitworth duo. Jeezus H that would be great! Huge reason why our offensive line is in shambles.

I'm borderline about to go completely off the wire on Marvin. He's still my coach though. I don't see a better man for the job right now. There's a lot of unanswered questions and I'm not sure its Marv's fault or not.

The 0-5 record pisses me off. We're not a Detroit Lions or are we? Who the hell knows. I think we're better then the Lions though, don't you?

Sorry for taking the 'head out of tail' comment out of context. I took it as an insult.

That was merely a medical suggestion. You didn't take it as too much of an insult...you didn't report me like you did Ickey44. You're gonna love his response btw.

Anyway, I actually am sorry about the 'looney tune' reference I made on another thread. That was over the line. My apologies.

Hey smart guy, Mendenhall had fumble-itis throughout the preseason. Willie Parker had a BAD case of fumble-itis, the Steelers didn't give up on him. I don't have to name one rookie because that point is a non-issue. Fumble-itis is something that happens. It happens to the best of players and it will continue to happen.

Chris Perry is fine. This doesn't mean that I wasn't screaming at the TV when he fumbled the rock. I WAS mad. Now that I've had time to reflect, I feel that it's fumbe-itis.

On the play were he ran in for a touchdown, through the heart of a defense with several Pro Bowlers, was a great example of how Perry runs. He goes 110% every down. Unfortunately there was a TERRIBLE holding call on #84.

He's much better than Rudi. Rudi was done two years ago. If Irons hadn't of blown out his knee he could've been an option. Perry is the best option we have. And yes, I believe this case of fumble-itis will go away.

Ridiculous arguing over Chris Perry. In 5 games he is heading for "former NFL" status. Benson could have his job next week.

I was all for the Perry move, but until he learns how to hang on to the ball, he needs to sit. Benson didn't do much better, but at least he didn't fumble it. I say let Benson carry the load until Perry learns to put two hands on the ball when he's in that much traffic.

I was all for the Perry move, but until he learns how to hang on to the ball, he needs to sit. Benson didn't do much better, but at least he didn't fumble it. I say let Benson carry the load until Perry learns to put two hands on the ball when he's in that much traffic.

I say resign Watson--but I'm not bitter. :angry:

Yep, resign Watson, there's your third down back. Then see what Perry can do in spot substitutions, on the scout team, and on special teams. He could be a valuable backup. I just don't understand how he began fumbling. He didn't do that in '05, though I realize he wasn't the featured back then.

I agree, Perry needs work. He needs to be taught a lesson but I don't think benching him is the right move. Especially for his confidence, there has to be a better way to get it through to him to protect the football. He is a playmaker, you can see that. He has a tremendous amount of ability but this fumble thing is kinda scary.

Give him another week guys.

I agree, Perry needs work. He needs to be taught a lesson but I don't think benching him is the right move. Especially for his confidence, there has to be a better way to get it through to him to protect the football. He is a playmaker, you can see that. He has a tremendous amount of ability but this fumble thing is kinda scary.

Give him another week guys.

Didn't you and I have this argument about Homer Bailey a while back? :rolleyes:

1. Chris Perry

2. Ben Utecht

3. Robert Geathers

Chris Perry just needs no explanation. Utecht is garbage, probally one of the worst TE's I have ever seen. And Geathers is just absolutley turrible. He got his money and hasn't done s**t with it. He has 1 sack in two seasons, GET RID OF HIM!

1. This is Chris Perry's first year as a starter in the NFL. He has sat on the bench with injuries for two years. The fumbles should be expected. He has a ton of potential, the guy runs with a lot of intensity. He just needs to protect the ball. He'll learn. This is the NFL, he didn't have this problem in college, I'm sure he'll get it figured out.

2. There's a reason Utecht isn't in Indy. He's no Dallas Clark. I think he's okay but it's BRATKOWSKI who should be your #2 because he's not using Utecht or the offense the way he should.

3. Geathers is decent, maybe a good backup would really help him stay fresh. Or maybe someone beside him that can get a better push in the middle. Got damnit I wish Shaun Rodgers were a Bengal.

I agree on the Chris Perry thing, I think it was to soon to thrust him in the lineup. I thought it was funny during the game that he fumbles and to fix the problem we bring in Cedrick Benson....lmfao I think Utech just needs to find his place in the offense cuz he is a really good TE, the offense just needs to get on track. And screw Rodgers, I wish we would have gotten Jenkins from Carolina because he is having a huge year. Also, I would like to add we are only a few plays away from being a 4-1 team instead of the 0-5 team we are now. I am really convinced that with a great DT and another LB our defense will be great. Our offense needs to fix itself but I think that will get right!