Bengals vs Cowboys game thread

combatbengal

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL at all the haters here, everyone who said the Bengals don't stand a chance **uhhum** Gregstephens**cough** against the Cowboys.

I took the liberty to place a $100 bet on my boys this weekend with the boatload of points they were given.

They played their asses off and had every chance in the world to win that game. I'm proud of 'em.

Woo hoo! In your face, everyone!

Moral f**king victory #2 on the season! We rule! We rule!

Yeah...no kidding. I'm beginning to think agreen needs to share whatever meds he's on, because he's the only one on here this morning shouting, "WE BEAT THE SPREAD! WE BEAT THE SPREAD!"

Congrats, agreen. You, SoP, ML and the boys should be real proud of yourselves.

LOL at all the haters here, everyone who said the Bengals don't stand a chance **uhhum** Gregstephens**cough** against the Cowboys.

I took the liberty to place a $100 bet on my boys this weekend with the boatload of points they were given.

They played their asses off and had every chance in the world to win that game. I'm proud of 'em.

I'm so glad you are laughing at the NINE POINT defeat. What freaking world do you actually live on because from where I come from, they didn't stand a chance and...um...didn't win. They were down 17-0 out of the gate, managed to make a game out of it, somewhat, for about thirty minutes, and, in classic Bengals' fashion, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Let's all celebrate with agreen!!! He was right (?). Everybody else was wrong (?). ----IN BIZARRO WORLD!!!

Hey, agreen, you are what we would term 'an enabler'. You are the reason SoP doesn't have to do anything to change this team.

Bad fan? Why because I'm confident enough to support my team with $100. I didn't make the bet because of the points, that was just to boot. I truly felt the Bengals had a really good shot at winning that game and we did. You all doubted them and they made it one helluva fun game to watch.

I am proud of the Bengals. They played there asses off. Greg, you know the score doesn't reflect how close that game truly was. We were right there. The Cowboys are the better team and they prevailed. Your probably looking at the NFC champions and the Bengals almost came into their house and won. If a couple of balls would've bounced our way, that's a totally different ball game. Especially that last TD grab, it could've been an interception easily if it bounced the right way.

We are not that bad. The schedule gets easier from here. We could go on a 10 game streak from here on out. That's a true fan, one who believes. If not this year, then I'll still be here next.

Bad fan? Why because I'm confident enough to support my team with $100. I didn't make the bet because of the points, that was just to boot. I truly felt the Bengals had a really good shot at winning that game and we did. You all doubted them and they made it one helluva fun game to watch.

I am proud of the Bengals. They played there asses off. Greg, you know the score doesn't reflect how close that game truly was. We were right there. The Cowboys are the better team and they prevailed. Your probably looking at the NFC champions and the Bengals almost came into their house and won. If a couple of balls would've bounced our way, that's a totally different ball game. Especially that last TD grab, it could've been an interception easily if it bounced the right way.

We are not that bad. The schedule gets easier from here. We could go on a 10 game streak from here on out. That's a true fan, one who believes. If not this year, then I'll still be here next.

The Cowboys won't be the NFC champs. I'm going with Giants to repeat. They laid a beat down on the Seahawks.

I'll give you the Bengals played better than the Browns game, or the Ravens game. No one said they didn't. But they are undisciplined mentally, first and foremost, thus causing all the things that we can sit back today and say, "Man, if this had only happened. If Perry hadn't fumbled. If Palmer's first throw hadn't been picked. If...if...if."

Until they fix the mental discipline issues, no, they didn't have a chance against the Cowboys. They have the ability to make those games closer and more fun to watch, but they can't translate those into sealing the deal for the win.

And no, our schedule doesn't get any easier. Steelers twice. Eagles. Colts. Ravens again. Jaguars. Redskins. Jets. The only games I give us any legitimate shot at, based on the first five weeks right now, is Browns, Texans and Chiefs.

The Cowboys won't be the NFC champs. I'm going with Giants to repeat. They laid a beat down on the Seahawks.

I'll give you the Bengals played better than the Browns game, or the Ravens game. No one said they didn't. But they are undisciplined mentally, first and foremost, thus causing all the things that we can sit back today and say, "Man, if this had only happened. If Perry hadn't fumbled. If Palmer's first throw hadn't been picked. If...if...if."

Until they fix the mental discipline issues, no, they didn't have a chance against the Cowboys. They have the ability to make those games closer and more fun to watch, but they can't translate those into sealing the deal for the win.

And no, our schedule doesn't get any easier. Steelers twice. Eagles. Colts. Ravens again. Jaguars. Redskins. Jets. The only games I give us any legitimate shot at, based on the first five weeks right now, is Browns, Texans and Chiefs.

Out of all those teams you've mentioned, I see three legitimate teams here.

6 games we'll win for sure: Texans, Chiefs, Browns, Ravens, Jets and Jags. That puts us at 6-5.

Split with the Steelers and we're 7-6 guys...

It'll come down to three games that will make or break this season. The Redskins, Eagles, and Colts. If we can finish 2-3 out of these three teams we still have a shot at the playoffs. Or, we could be 7-9 just like last season just as easy going against these three teams.

Get with me guys, this is still a looooong season. You never know, McNabb and Manning may both get hurt. Don't look at the schedule, look at the matchups. We're just as good, if not better than these teams except for the three I mentioned.

Out of all those teams you've mentioned, I see three legitimate teams.

5 games we'll win for sure: Texans, Chiefs, Browns, Ravens, Jets and Jags. That puts us at 6-5.

Split with the Steelers and we're 7-6...

It'll come down to three games that will make or break this season. The Redskins, Eagles, and Colts. If we can finish 2-3 out of these three teams we still have a shot at the playoffs.

Ok...I cry 'Uncle'. If you are going to intentionally be contradictory at the expense of logic and realism, I'm done.

5 games we'll win for sure: Texans, Chiefs, Browns, Ravens, Jets and Jags. That puts us at 6-5.

It'll come down to three games that will make or break this season. The Redskins, Eagles, and Colts. If we can finish 2-3 out of these three teams we still have a shot at the playoffs.

Ok...I cry 'Uncle'. If you are going to intentionally be contradictory at the expense of logic and realism, I'm done.

You sound like the dorkiest football fan ever. Quit trying to act so smart-ass, we're talking about football here. It's not brain surgery.

You sound like the dorkiest football fan ever. Quit trying to act so smart-ass, we're talking about football here. It's not brain surgery.

No one can have an intelligent conversation with a loony tune that thinks THIS BENGALS TEAM is going to the playoffs. Conversation done. Keep talking to yourself.

Agreen, you always bring it, brother. Now please give us your economic analysis of the current bull market we're all enjoying!

There is no denying that the Bengals could easily have quit yesterday, down 17 points with 12 minutes left in the second quarter. I'm not sure why they didn't. Maybe the "who gives a crap" Marvin we see on tv isn't the same guy the players see in the locker room? Maybe his refusal to publicly call guys out is making his players fight for him?

Agreen, you always bring it, brother. Now please give us your economic analysis of the current bull market we're all enjoying!

There is no denying that the Bengals could easily have quit yesterday, down 17 points with 12 minutes left in the second quarter. I'm not sure why they didn't. Maybe the "who gives a crap" Marvin we see on tv isn't the same guy the players see in the locker room? Maybe his refusal to publicly call guys out is making his players fight for him?

That's a good thought. I know things were getting heated on the field. I've never seen Palmer act that way. 85 even kissed Marvin on the cheek. I think the tools are here. We're just a few players away from having a REALLY good team. That's why I'm not so sure we're done. Someone can come out and have that break-out year we've been waiting for.

John Thorton is the only guy I'll hate on for now. He's absolutely horrible! Why is he still here?

And yet, you act like you have the same comprehension of both football AND brain surgery.

Here's comes "Defender" out of nowhere, what a coincidence. Can we just talk football? Why do you guys always have to feel compelled to start s**t. Try to post something that isn't such a waste of everyones time.

Perhaps we can get Perry to just hold on to the friggin' ball 'for Marvin'? :)

And yet, you act like you have the same comprehension of both football AND brain surgery.

Here's comes "Defender" out of nowhere, what a coincidence. Can we just talk football? Why do you guys always have to feel compelled to start s**t. Try to post something that isn't such a waste of everyones time.

That's rich, you accusing someone else of wasting everyone's time.

As far as talking football, what in the world gives you the idea that this team has ANY "sure wins", much less coming against the Jets or the Jaguars, or the Browns and Ravens, WHO BEAT THE BENGALS ALREADY?!?! Considering how this team has played, I'll put the over/under at one victory coming out of those four games. Splitting with the Steelers? I'm not going to touch that one. The Texans beat the Colts by two TDs if they have their starting QB in yesterday, so you can't call that a sure win. And the Chiefs vs. the Bengals comes down to whoever loses that game less than the other team.