Marvin Lewis

volcom69

Nfl network reported that managment told Marvin Lewis he can be the coach as long as he wants so if he dosnt quite or anything looks like he will be around for awhile yet. So it looks like once again like always this team dosnt care about winning, dosnt care that its head coach is out coached every week dosnt care that the coaching staff cant seem to teach young players how to play. So this team dosnt care and neither do i anymore, so now we have a head coach who the players will just walk all over year in and year out. Whatever anymore this team gives me a headache, oh well now ill just sit back and hope something good happens like Marvin somehow takes back the team. I dont want everyone to think im so dumb fairweather fan, but its just getting alittle old now year in and year out. So with that said im never going to stop routing for this team and ill always be around hell ive been here since the early 80s so i might as well stay now lol. Sometimes i wonder why though.

I imagine St. Louis and Oakland firing their coaches prompted the Bengals front office to come forth with the dreaded vote of confidence. Mike probably admits its not Marvin's fault. And Mike probably just "knows" that it will all turn around with the 5 receivers he drafts next year.

Actually, Marvin is now a problem but only because the owner made him a problem by clipping off his balls, particularly with the resigning of Chris Henry

Marvin wants to leave (who can blame him?), you can be sure of that. His agent will surely make a buy-out offer to the Bengals no later than the end of January.

Mike Brown is not coaching this team hes not getting the guys ready to play, he not making in game changes. Im sorry i get that Mike Brown sucks, but when you have guys like Carson, Chad, TJ players like this and now have Henry back and the same o-line as last year who only gave up 17 sacks all last season, the defense playin its best ball since Marvin has been here (giving the o a chance to get points), so i put the blame on Marvin and not ownership on this one.

Actually, Marvin is now a problem but only because the owner made him a problem by clipping off his balls, particularly with the resigning of Chris Henry

Marvin wants to leave (who can blame him?), you can be sure of that. His agent will surely make a buy-out offer to the Bengals no later than the end of January.

Mike Brown's not the the problem today.

Carson Palmer blew a chance to score with his inability to make a choice in the red zone.

Marvin's boy Chris Perry fumbled again (5 games in a row).

The Bengals seem to draft talent and ruin them once they get here. That problem goes to coaching.

Mike Brown is definetly an ass wipe, but he's not the main issue. Marvin is a smart ass and is too stupid to realize he's too stupid to be a head coach.

---

Mike Brown is definetly an ass wipe, but he's not the main issue. Marvin is a smart ass and is too stupid to realize he's too stupid to be a head coach.---

Mikey isn't the main issue? If the guy wasn't such a penny pincher we'd have a real staff real asst coaches a real scouting department a freaking GM...He preaches about how hes a small market owner competing with the bigger markets yet he has one of the highest profit ratio made in the NFL because he doesn't go past the bare requirement of what he has to do.

I don't blame Marvin Lewis for going down hill since 2005 with a owner like mike brown not even belicheat could win here.

You're both missing the point that a coach who has had his authority taken away by the alleged GM cannot effectively coach.

To put it in perspective, let's say you are a lawyer, and your boss makes you wear a clown suit to court ever day, and assigns joewrong (over your vehement protestations) as your research assistant. Tell me, how many cases do you expect to win?

The one constant the last 20 years is Son-of-a-Genius

Mike Brown is not coaching this team hes not getting the guys ready to play, he not making in game changes. Im sorry i get that Mike Brown sucks, but when you have guys like Carson, Chad, TJ players like this and now have Henry back and the same o-line as last year who only gave up 17 sacks all last season, the defense playin its best ball since Marvin has been here (giving the o a chance to get points), so i put the blame on Marvin and not ownership on this one.

You're right, Mike isn't getting these guys ready to play, but how is Marvin supposed to get them ready to play when any authority he has to whip their asses into shape is undermined by Mike?

You're both missing the point that a coach who has had his authority taken away by the alleged GM cannot effectively coach.

To put it in perspective, let's say you are a lawyer, and your boss makes you wear a clown suit to court ever day, and assigns joewrong as your research assistant. Tell me, how much success do you expect to have?

The one constant the last 20 years is Son-of-a-Genius

Lol good one TJ.

Come on TJ nobody can save joepong or i mean joewrong lol, i get everyones point and i never said i like Mike Brown or but i still think Marvin isnt a very good coach, but i guess he will be for awhile so we will see what happens from here on out. If theres one thing i can say about today the actully played hard and i like that, but this team cannot finish and i cant figure out why so who do you blame i blame Marvin.

Come on TJ nobody can save joepong or i mean joewrong lol, i get everyones point and i never said i like Mike Brown or but i still think Marvin isnt a very good coach, but i guess he will be for awhile so we will see what happens from here on out. If theres one thing i can say about today the actully played hard and i like that, but this team cannot finish and i cant figure out why so who do you blame i blame Marvin.

I'd blame the owner who refuses to build a contender who refuses to change with the rest of the nfl and spend extra money to make the team better.

Instead we have a owner who thinks one winning season in 20 years is super because the suckers got their hopes up and spent that much more money.

Man after watching press conf and thinking what he was like in 2005 this origination is truly sucking the life out of him o_O,I really do hope hes allowed to move on after this season going back to being DC and hopefully getting another chance to be a HC with a real origination.

He said hes staying here till his contract runs out so if this is the case then he better sit everyone on this team down and get this team back. Start doing something different find ways to motivate guys find ways to make football fun nobody is having fun and its wearing everyone out. Im not a Marvin believer, but its not my call and hes here to stay so i just hope he finds some way of getting the players back.

I'd blame the owner who refuses to build a contender who refuses to change with the rest of the nfl and spend extra money to make the team better.

Instead we have a owner who thinks one winning season in 20 years is super because the suckers got their hopes up and spent that much more money.

I blame both of them. Marvin has the talent on this team to win, he just can't harness it. Marvin also can't hold his players accountable, because Mikey prevents him from doing so. Loco cinco would be long gone if were up to Marvin. So would Henry. The fact that Marvin can do nothing about this undermines his authority. When Chad and TJ didn't show up for voluntaries, it showed they didn't care. The rest of the team took their que from them it seems.

I blame both of them. Marvin has the talent on this team to win,

Where is the talent on our Oline? Seems like people expect our Oline to be producing the way it did in 2005 but their is a noticeable difference in todays line vs 2005.

You had a Healthy and Happy Levi Jones

Now you have a Busted and Unhappy Levi Jones

You had Rich Braham who was very underrated and a key cog in our line

Now you have Guycheck who couldn't stop my grandma. <mind you shes a large woman>

You had a Willie Anderson who was healthy and playing at a pro bowl level

Now you have a Dancing bear

I am Happy with whitworth and Bobbie <though we need find a replacement because hes getting older>

Phil Simms talked about this yesterday... The team comes on to the field together and chad and TJ straggle in behind with their helmets off.. Not a good message if you ask me... Put me in the camp of not wanting these 2 back nextyear... We can debate how huge their presence would be missed, but I truly believe they are partly responsible for our predicament..

I blame both of them. Marvin has the talent on this team to win,

Where is the talent on our Oline? Seems like people expect our Oline to be producing the way it did in 2005 but their is a noticeable difference in todays line vs 2005.

You had a Healthy and Happy Levi Jones

Now you have a Busted and Unhappy Levi Jones

You had Rich Braham who was very underrated and a key cog in our line

Now you have Guycheck who couldn't stop my grandma. <mind you shes a large woman>

You had a Willie Anderson who was healthy and playing at a pro bowl level

Now you have a Dancing bear

I am Happy with whitworth and Bobbie <though we need find a replacement because hes getting older>

There's talent on the line, except for Gaychick. Jones used to have it, but seems to have misplaced it. Either that or his knees are a lot worse than we know about. I really haven't seen much to complain about with the other three.

Phil Simms talked about this yesterday... The team comes on to the field together and chad and TJ straggle in behind with their helmets off.. Not a good message if you ask me... Put me in the camp of not wanting these 2 back nextyear... We can debate how huge their presence would be missed, but I truly believe they are partly responsible for our predicament..

TJ and Chad are the reason the Bengals drafted 3 WR in the 2ed, 3rd and 7th round. TJ because of FA, an acceptable contingency, and Chad because he is nuts. Where TJ crossed the line was in boycotting the team until July. Given the state of play in the spring, the Bengals had to burn a high pick on a WR. I think MB and ML were so pissed off with those two that they went overboard, in retrospect, with the 3 WR they picked. Bad decision. Compounded by not trading Chad when they had the chance. Bad anger management by MB. But this year's draft sums up what has gone wrong since 2005. Bad drafts, unlucky drafts, unproductive drafts. Its killed the team. 0-5 heading to 0-16 or 1-15 or 2-14 is a dead team.

The real irony is that with all the WR's on the team, Carson Palmer hasn't been able to get the ball to them for various reasons. Maybe some of them can be pass block for Carson?

Everyone from management to the coaches to the players is to blame for the state this team is in...Management is clueless like a dumb blonde,, they tag the wrong people, let the wrong people go, and put up with non-productive and disruptive people... The coaches suck, I would let both line coaches go,MLewis is constantly outcoached and has lost control of this team, the 2 PB WR's decided to show management that they are the team by doing there own thing this offseason...Even though I was not a RJohnson fan he would not have fumbled 5 times in the 1st 5 games, we keep drafting WR's when when need DT's and LB's...If MLewis would get rid off some staff and get someone with HC experience on it that would help him out... The drafting over the years is very questionable,DWeathersby hurt, DPollack(hurt not his fault),OThurman drugs, KIrons hurt,CHenry suspended 12 games since being drafted, CPerry hurt almost 65% of his career since being drafted...If we had these players we would be a very very deep team and probably a way better one, but with some of these people having RED flag issues and others having health issues we keep going 1 step forward 2 steps back...

and put up with non-productive and disruptive people...

They sure do. And it's killing this team.

Chris Perry was a lot better player for us last year. His fumbling turns him into a net loss.

Goodbye Chad. Goodbye Thornton. Goodbye Bratkowski.

Hello full offseason involvement by all players. No exceptions. And let them know it in advance. Then if some prima donna spends the offseason making a public spectacle of himself, pine him. Play the rookie who's been in the facility all year working with the first team. The players on this team deserve this structure. They need it.