Kenny Watson released

TJJackson

While I will concede that I think it is absolutely the wrong time to cut Watson given our situation at the position, Watson never has and never will be anything more than depth. I'm NOT sad to see him go, but am sad to see our organization not looking at the fact there were FAR GREATER areas to choose from when thinking of who to cut.

This is one of the rare times I'll disagree with you. If you look at Watson's numbers over the past few seasons, he's had the highest YPC of any back on the team, including Rudi over the past two seasons. Dorsey's YPC may have been higher last season (didn't look it up) but on significantly fewer carries.

Anyway, I realize Watson's not an LT or Steven Jackson or Larry Johnson, but Perry hasn't been so wonderfully outstanding this season that anyone should feel comfortable getting rid of Watson and relying on Perry/Benson.

Greg, we will have to agree to disagree (as I thought I would with many) on this one. You said, "In the past few seasons". Well, in going back to review his time here (since 2003) you will see he's made a WHOLE 5 starts for the Bengals. In that same period of time has carried the ball 236 times for a total of 1094 yards for 4.6 YPC. While I will concede the 4.6 YPC appears nice, can anyone say those are the types of numbers you look for in a back that has spent 5 full seasons with us ?? 8 rushing TD's in 5 seasons ?? Why bother ?? I'll tell you why, INJURIES. If it weren't for the injuries, Watson would have been an afterthought. When he's had a chance, he's been average, but nothing stellar or as I stated in my first post, DEPTH. This is not an attempt to say the other backs have been better, as I stated I thought it was a poor time to release Kenny.

Chrishcovga, I think you misunderstood my post...

I don't think anyone running this organization has a clue whatsoever and what I was saying is, how much it bothers me that they can't seem to figure out the simple things as I mentioned. My true thoughts of this organization in its current state ??

I'm embarrassed to be a fan of this team. The front office is the true laughingstock of the NFL and it translates to the team because the players are the ones operating in the environment created by the owner (I feel bad for the players). The coaches can't figure out anything and watching Brat turn this offense into the most predictable offense in the league is beyond ridiculous. I can't believe that clown was getting looked at for head coaching positions last season. I hate the simple things that you see other teams doing week in and week out like it is secondhand only to watch the Bengals seem to struggle with each Sunday. How many times do we have to watch our team get penalized for to many men on the field ?? UNACCEPTABLE BY ANY MEANS !!!

I can now say this without any second thought: I would love to see Mike Brown move this team to Los Angeles or whatever city would be unfortunate enough to get them and wait out the time to get a new one. I wouldn't care if it was 6+ years, because that would be 6+ years I could stop having to be an embarrassed fan of a team whose owners could care less about fielding a winning football team.

That being said, as long as Cincinnati HAS a football team, I will follow them and root for them to win each and every week. However, I am F*CKING done with giving one more cent of my hard earned money to an organization that cares nothing more than how to build their own bank accounts and appear to give less than a rats ass to what the fans give to this team.

F*CK YOU MIKE BROWN, F*CK YOU IN THE ASS WITH A BROOMSTICK TWICE !!!

(Sorry for the rant)

We're not the Bengals, we're the Raiders East.

wow, what a painful thought...

What Mike Brown lack in senility, he more than make up for in his role as "redeemer of adult children who can either run, tackle or block".

I think what is getting lost, in the pure data analysis of the Watson release, is that the inconsistency of how players are treated.

If Watson, a productive role-player, gets cut for his injuries then why not Dexter Jackson? Ethan Kilmer? Jeremi Johnson?

How did Perry get strung along so long with his staggering string of injuries? Not because he is so drastically better than Watson...

It points to an utter ignorance of roster management, as we saw with the LB situation last year. Taking more than a year to address, properly, getting as adequate crew of LB's in the door. The quickness with which they dispatch A.J. Nicholson, but the lengths they went to keep Brooks.

It is a GM issue. It is like letting the billionaire owner of a Gulfstream tell the pilots how to fly the jet through a storm.

If I were Watson, I would feel like the gorrilla is off my back. I'd get my leg in order and have my agent find a team, thin at RB, who has a plan to win and an organization dedicated to getting there. Places like Washington, Philly, Baltimore, heck even Pittsburgh (who is deciamted at RB). In fact, if I was Kevin Colbert (GM at Pitt) or Newsome, I'd be looking to get Watson in there for a chat.

While I will concede that I think it is absolutely the wrong time to cut Watson given our situation at the position, Watson never has and never will be anything more than depth. I'm NOT sad to see him go, but am sad to see our organization not looking at the fact there were FAR GREATER areas to choose from when thinking of who to cut.

This is one of the rare times I'll disagree with you. If you look at Watson's numbers over the past few seasons, he's had the highest YPC of any back on the team, including Rudi over the past two seasons. Dorsey's YPC may have been higher last season (didn't look it up) but on significantly fewer carries.

Anyway, I realize Watson's not an LT or Steven Jackson or Larry Johnson, but Perry hasn't been so wonderfully outstanding this season that anyone should feel comfortable getting rid of Watson and relying on Perry/Benson.

Greg, we will have to agree to disagree (as I thought I would with many) on this one. You said, "In the past few seasons". Well, in going back to review his time here (since 2003) you will see he's made a WHOLE 5 starts for the Bengals. In that same period of time has carried the ball 236 times for a total of 1094 yards for 4.6 YPC. While I will concede the 4.6 YPC appears nice, can anyone say those are the types of numbers you look for in a back that has spent 5 full seasons with us ?? 8 rushing TD's in 5 seasons ?? Why bother ?? I'll tell you why, INJURIES. If it weren't for the injuries, Watson would have been an afterthought. When he's had a chance, he's been average, but nothing stellar or as I stated in my first post, DEPTH. This is not an attempt to say the other backs have been better, as I stated I thought it was a poor time to release Kenny.

Chrishcovga, I think you misunderstood my post...

I don't think anyone running this organization has a clue whatsoever and what I was saying is, how much it bothers me that they can't seem to figure out the simple things as I mentioned. My true thoughts of this organization in its current state ??

I'm embarrassed to be a fan of this team. The front office is the true laughingstock of the NFL and it translates to the team because the players are the ones operating in the environment created by the owner (I feel bad for the players). The coaches can't figure out anything and watching Brat turn this offense into the most predictable offense in the league is beyond ridiculous. I can't believe that clown was getting looked at for head coaching positions last season. I hate the simple things that you see other teams doing week in and week out like it is secondhand only to watch the Bengals seem to struggle with each Sunday. How many times do we have to watch our team get penalized for to many men on the field ?? UNACCEPTABLE BY ANY MEANS !!!

I can now say this without any second thought: I would love to see Mike Brown move this team to Los Angeles or whatever city would be unfortunate enough to get them and wait out the time to get a new one. I wouldn't care if it was 6+ years, because that would be 6+ years I could stop having to be an embarrassed fan of a team whose owners could care less about fielding a winning football team.

That being said, as long as Cincinnati HAS a football team, I will follow them and root for them to win each and every week. However, I am F*CKING done with giving one more cent of my hard earned money to an organization that cares nothing more than how to build their own bank accounts and appear to give less than a rats ass to what the fans give to this team.

(Sorry for the rant)

"What the hell did I ever do wrong?" - Signed, The Broomstick

Yeah, the only problem with that? Cincinnati would never get another NFL team. This is such a small market the NFL would never put another franchise here.

Sad part about that statement and to further show proof of where I am personally with this team, I can't say as I care...

As for the broomstick comment, that's classic George Carlin...

(Sorry for the rant)

As for the first part, I don't see 4.6 YPC being average. Look at the numbers. Carrying 236 times and scoring 8 rushing tds is slightly above average for a starting back. Posting over a thousand yards on 236 is pretty good. Extrapolate the numbers and if Watson had 300 carries, he'd have 1,380 yards--Rudi numbers.

Most starting backs average roughly 300 touches a year and are doing good to get in the endzone 8 times. Watson has been an afterthought, but my point is, based on the numbers, he's been the most productive back we've have since Rudi in 2005. What would Watson have done given one full season as a starter? We'll never know, but I thought he earned at least a chance to answer the question.

As to the latter statement above--preach it, bro. You and I will never disagree on that one.

(Sorry for the rant)

As for the first part, I don't see 4.6 YPC being average. Look at the numbers. Carrying 236 times and scoring 8 rushing tds is slightly above average for a starting back. Posting over a thousand yards on 236 is pretty good. Extrapolate the numbers and if Watson had 300 carries, he'd have 1,380 yards--Rudi numbers.

Most starting backs average roughly 300 touches a year and are doing good to get in the endzone 8 times. Watson has been an afterthought, but my point is, based on the numbers, he's been the most productive back we've have since Rudi in 2005. What would Watson have done given one full season as a starter? We'll never know, but I thought he earned at least a chance to answer the question.

As to the latter statement above--preach it, bro. You and I will never disagree on that one.

I see what you are getting at with the number of carries Watson got, but IF he got those carries he MAY have done that well. Then again, maybe not. No way of knowing, but once again, I get what you are saying. That being said, IF we had an o-line, IF we had a d-line, IF we had a GM, IF we had a owner who wasn't a moron, IF we had a coaching staff worth a sh*t, IF we had a scouting department, IF we had players that weren't selfish little b*tches, and IF someone could explain the term "discipline" the Bengals might actually have a winning season more than once every 15 years or so. Then again, maybe we would still suck...