'STEP DOWN MIKE BROWN'

SmellKiperjr

On Sunday 19th October from 11 am until noon a plane will fly around PBS towing a banner proclaiming "STEP DOWN MIKE BROWN"

Please help us by joining in and chanting "STEP DOWN......MIKE BROWN" during the game.

Please pass this message of hope onto as many Bengal's fans as you can, and remember, great oaks from tiny acorns grow.

This seems like a waste of time and money. Mike Brown isn't going anywhere. Maybe a fire Marvin banner and chant could speed up Mike's decision to take such action, but Mr Brown himself will not be stepping down.

Why fire Lewis? So someone else can come in here and work under the same restrictive system that's produced one winning season in 18? The problem's not the coaches or the players or the medical staff, it's the ownership, and until that's changed we'll be a perennial loser. Will this do anything? I dunno, probably not, but it's worth trying. Individually, fans have no leverage, but as a whole we have enormous power. Why not give it a go before saying it's a waste of time?

Why fire Lewis? So someone else can come in here and work under the same restrictive system that's produced one winning season in 18?

Yeah...only this time let's get one who knows how to call timeouts and draft players who actually play.

Listen, I'm not defending the guy, I just think Belichick would fail in the organizational climate established, and perpetuated, by Mike Brown. Until Brown goes everything will just stay the same.

I will defend marvin because still don't feel hes the problem and no one would have said he was first 3 years....any coach will end up going down hill in cinci because you have a owner who doesn't care about winning....

If the stands are rocking with firing Mike, that could get on ESPN. How much does a banner cost? I might pay for one so the California Bengals can show Mike our middle finger too.

I will defend marvin because still don't feel hes the problem and no one would have said he was first 3 years....any coach will end up going down hill in cinci because you have a owner who doesn't care about winning....

Well said, though I think Mike cares about winning and wants to win. But it is apparent he does not have the football knowledge to act as gm of a winning organization. Marvin is not the problem. But he'll fall on his sword, or Mike will push him on his sword, so we can all be filled with hope once again when he hires the next coach. I hope he runs the names of candidates past his players' council. But since I'm sure he has none, he can just as Cheech and Ced Benson what they think.

It's not that I don't think mike doesn't want to win but he's not willing to do what it takes fif it's gonna cost him money,He preaches how he's a small market owner but doesn't he have one of the best profit turn overs? Hire a real staff Hire Real scouts hire a GM mikey if you actually made this team a real winner then you'd make even a larger profit.

I cant defend Marvin anymore he gets outcoached every game, his game clock management sucks, he cant go away from his game plan in fact it seems there is no game planing. His coaching staff cant seem to teach anyone on this team he decides not to motivate his players in anyway. Mike Brown may be the owner and says who comes and gos, but i still think Marvin has some say also, just like in Willie, Rudi and Deltha Marvin for some reason seemed to have it in with Rudi, and Deltha. Marvin is still the coach he needs to prepare his guys, he needs to make sure his guys are giving that 110% on the field each time for 4 qts, but so far this year i have not and Marvin has yet to seem to do anything about that. Marvins the coach and since after 2005 he has lost this team and hasnt gotten back and its time to go else where. Oh and Mike Brown needs to go, but he wont and we can only hope he does the right thing. Good luck with this.

Do we still have some "In Marvin We Trust" guys out there? How could you not blame Marvin?

Maybe it's not Marvin's fault...maybe Brown should get him a franchise quaterback, a couple all-pro receivers, and a 1st round RB who Marvin wanted over Steven Jackson...oh wait...he did...back to Marvin's fault. If Mike Brown should really be blamed for something, it should be his horrible taste in head coaching selections...he's guilty again.

Agreed with the statement above Marvin has had enough talent here through the years that his numbers should have been much better then what they were. Everybody was just so happy this team could be 8-8 every year and Marvin was the savior,but look what has happend. Just because he took this team from a 2 win team and made them an 8 win team does not make him a savior or a great coach it makes him an OK coach. His job is to coach not to worry about other things and in my mind he has failed. So your telling me after the special 11-5 year this team goes backwards with the same QB,RB,WRs,and most of the o-line. Hell last year this o-line gave only 17 sacks all year what happened. So whatever im done defending Marvin for anything he is a medocore coach who gave this team life at one time but has failed to do anything else and for some reason average seemed to be good enough for people. In Marvin i dont trust.

the word "productive" is key here

what do you think the NFL considers "productive"?

some hints: Brown has a waiting list for season tickets. He has sold out the stadium for the year. He's selling concessions. He's getting Hamilton County to pay for complete replacement of one of the practice fields.

Do you know what all these things have in common?

one last hint: it does have to do with numbers, but not numbers of wins or of losses

This seems like a waste of time and money. Mike Brown isn't going anywhere. Maybe a fire Marvin banner and chant could speed up Mike's decision to take such action, but Mr Brown himself will not be stepping down.

Why fire Lewis? So someone else can come in here and work under the same restrictive system

The problem's not the coaches or the players or the medical staff, it's the ownership

Just a quick question here, but have any of the ex-coaches (either HC's or positional coaching staff) ever spoken out about Mikeys interference?

Seems to me if there was habitual and historical "restrictive" involvement from Mikey then the ex-personnel would have a field day running that story to the press.

I will step down at the end of the year.....

.... sike.

I always thought it started wit a 'P'.

If you think Mikey's bad, wait 'till his daughter, son-in-law, and son take over.

It'll be verrrrrrrrrrrry uglyyyy!!!

the word "productive" is key here

what do you think the NFL considers "productive"?

some hints: Brown has a waiting list for season tickets. He has sold out the stadium for the year. He's selling concessions. He's getting Hamilton County to pay for complete replacement of one of the practice fields.

Do you know what all these things have in common?

one last hint: it does have to do with numbers, but not numbers of wins or of losses

Not only that. The "NFL" in question is actually his fellow owners. To do something punitive like removing him from control, I expect they'd need a strong majority of owners. So long as he's not a financial drain on them, that won't happen for two reasons:

1) The implication that each franchise is not sovereign wouldn't sit well with any of them.

2) They're happy with the status quo - Mikey's giving them all W's. Why would they want to change that?

I haven't been to a game for the last couple of years simply because I don't pay money for a bad product. I'm a Bengals fan and I'll always root for them, but to me it doesn't make sense to fork over money for a team that never improves. That's not how capitalism works.

Going to Bengals game this year would be very much like going to a classy restaurant, forking over $50 for a plate of food, and the waiter promptly dumps a can of cold Chef Boyardee Beefaroni on the plate.

I'll be more than happy to pay Mike Brown for a quality product... but one winning season in 18 years ain't cutting it for me. When the Bengals start playing decent football again (If they ever do) that's when you can expect to see me at a game. If all fans were like this, the product might look a bit different. And maybe it wouldn't... maybe he'd move to L.A. But on principle alone, I'm not sure that's any worse than the current situation.