BILL COWHER A BENGAL???

Clackwoods

The coach also finds the leaders on his team and teaches them to lead. Marvin has failed to do that as well. The one leader we did have, they just canned......

Not true. We still have John Thornton.

*bangs head on desk*

Excuse me, I'm going to go play in traffic now.

Ah, yes. Thornton. Has he played this year? I've not seen him or heard his name called during a game...... :rolleyes:

It will never happen - PERIOD-

Here is why - MONEY - Mike Brown's god.

There were reports of Cower turning down 15 million per year( who knows if they were true), but Brown will never pay what it would take to get, or for that matter keep, a top coach.He has never even paid for a top tier free agent, while other teams sign a couple every year , Brown chooses to instead over pay for the guys that nobody else wants or over pay his own guys.

IMO the main reason that Sam Wyche has fired, was not becuase a loosing season, it was because, he was making too much money and it was making Brown sick how much he was paying him.

Brown was looking for an excuse to fire him.

Keep in mind that the first real move that Brown made as a GM was to fire his Super Bowl head coach and hire the cheaper wimpy Dave Shula.

Which brings up the other reason that Cower will not be signed, if you look at all of the Brown hires they were soft spoken or wimpy coaches, not because Brown believes that will give him the best chance to win, but Brown does not want anybody raising their voice to him or telling him what to do.

When LeBeau was fired and the Bengals had it down to Tom Caughlin and Marvin Lewis , I was rooting for Caughlin because,I thought that Caughlin would instil the much needed discipline, but I knew that it would never happen because Caughlin would cost more and Caughlin wanted to change the way that Brown did things , things that would cost money, such as hire more scouts.

Caughlin was not soft spoken enough and he was more expensive that made it easy for Brown to hire Marvin.

I do think that Marvin has done the best with what he has had to work with.

If you remember the Comish even got involved with the hiring of a head coach because, he understood the fans disgust with Brown after giving Brown a new stadium .

Until the Bengals change the way they do things the loosing will go on and on and while Brown is in charge the way things are done will stay the same.