BILL COWHER A BENGAL???

Clackwoods

Coaches that are in-demand don't and won't ever come here, ever, unless they just got fired elsewhere and there are no other jobs available.

I heard Coslet just bought a house in Cincinnati though.

You ever say that again and I will personally spearhead the campaign to ban you for life outta here.

:lol:

The Bengals are a 2nd rate NFL franchise and have been so since 1990. No proven coach will ever come here. From the training staff, to the scouting department to the facilities, The Bengals are behind most other NFL franchises. Until recently, they were flying free agents in on coach. COACH! Until we hire a GM, the only coaches that will even consider a HC job here are those young, unproven coaches who are just happy to be the HC of an NFL team. What coach could the Bengals realistically bring in that could coach this current roster to the playoffs and beyond more effectively than Marvin, with all the other things he has to deal with? The only two coaches I would be happy to have as a replacement right now are Singletary and maybe Billick, who may not even consider coming here. The Cowhers, Schottenheimers and Jimmy Johnsons of the world would never come to work for this organization. For that reason, I truly believe that Marvin is safe, at least for now.

The Bengals are a 2nd rate NFL franchise and have been so since 1990. No proven coach will ever come here. From the training staff, to the scouting department to the facilities, The Bengals are behind most other NFL franchises. Until recently, they were flying free agents in on coach. COACH! Until we hire a GM, the only coaches that will even consider a HC job here are those young, unproven coaches who are just happy to be the HC of an NFL team. What coach could the Bengals realistically bring in that could coach this current roster to the playoffs and beyond more effectively than Marvin, with all the other things he has to deal with? The only two coaches I would be happy to have as a replacement right now are Singletary and maybe Billick, who may not even consider coming here. The Cowhers, Schottenheimers and Jimmy Johnsons of the world would never come to work for this organization. For that reason, I truly believe that Marvin is safe, at least for now.

I really do like Marvin, I think we need to hire a GM and tell Mike Brown to go and golf with Al Davis. That would solve a lot of peoples problems!

I really do like Marvin, I think we need to hire a GM and tell Mike Brown to go and golf with Al Davis. That would solve a lot of peoples problems!

Agreed,Really would like to see katie behind the wheel simply theres a chance she would do what is needed to build contender

Agreed,Really would like to see katie behind the wheel simply theres a chance she would do what is needed to build contender

I think that biggest chance would be that she would actually entertain the thought of hiring a GM.

Sorry, but its gonna take a hell of a lot more than a coach to right this ship.........memo to Mike Brown...spend some friggin money...get a bigger scouting department....hire a REAL GM.....get an indoor practice facility...something that will entice a coaching candidate.....

MIKE BROWN>>>IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE COMPETITIVE, SELL THE DAMN TEAM TO AN OWNERSHIP GROUP WITH SOME DIRECTION......CLUELESS MORON....

I really do like Marvin

I used to until he said it wasn't his job to motivate his players. A true leader always strives to motivate his men! As a Marine you should surely understand this.

Completely agree. You can see how Marvin has no understanding of the intangibles of coaching in the performance of the team. He has lost his ability to motivate....see 2003 as compared to now.

All you need to do is look at Mike Tomlin and how his method and style of coaching has completely schooled Marvin and his coaching crew in the 2 games last year. A rookie coach did that. Sad. I see no reason to believe the trend will continue on October 19th against Pittsburgh.

I really do like Marvin

I used to until he said it wasn't his job to motivate his players. A true leader always strives to motivate his men! As a Marine you should surely understand this.

Completely agree. You can see how Marvin has no understanding of the intangibles of coaching in the performance of the team. He has lost his ability to motivate....see 2003 as compared to now.

All you need to do is look at Mike Tomlin and how his method and style of coaching has completely schooled Marvin and his coaching crew in the 2 games last year. A rookie coach did that. Sad. I see no reason to believe the trend will continue on October 19th against Pittsburgh.

If you can't take leadership advice from a commissioned Army officer, there are few who you can take it from. Thanks Hokie.

It's the player personel that killed this team. Mike blew it. Marv did what he could do. I'll never forget when he came to Cincy he got rid of the guys that didn't want to be here and for some reason Mikey F'd it up.

So true. A genius is only as good as his players.

I really do like Marvin

If you can't take leadership advice from a commissioned Army officer, there are few who you can take it from. Thanks Hokie.

Aye, Sarge.

I really do like Marvin

Oh I sure do understand what you mean, but you also have to understand that Marvin isn't their in the trenches with these guys. He doesn't get on the field and go through the battles with them. That is when you need players to step up, when guys have to police their own and that is what I think he is saying. Look at all the great teams throughout the history of the game, they had great leaders on the field. The coach can only do so much!