Time to face the music!

Clackwoods

I love the Bengals and I hope they can win 10 of 12 and win the division but with Dallas and New York coming up I don't know when we will win a game. So it is time to start thinking of the draft. Who does everyone see us getting next year? I am saying a LB particularly one from Ohio State or USC!

If I'm not mistaken, the last time we drafted any type of lineman in the first round was in 2002, when we drafted Levi. That's excluding Pollack, who they converted to LB. So how exactly is that a priority in every draft?

the o-line and d-line need to be top priority in the draft.

The OLINE and DLINE are always the priority in the draft. We need LINEBACKERS and a running back!

With all respect....it hasn't even been close to a real priority. It's been a secondary goal at best. The Bengals could draft nothing but help for the O-line and D-line in this year's draft and it wouldn't phase me a bit. I'd actually be elated.

1.)Oline for sure

-Center I hope we can get the top rated best looking center in the draft.

-Tackle we do have Athony Collins will he be levis replacement? or Staceys if we allow him to walk...either way wouldn't hurt to have a high draft pick even if it's just a backup.

-Guard Need start Looking fo Bobbie Williams replacement unless it's stacey.

2.)Dline-I kinda wanna wait and see on this one till end of the season after Geathers-SIms-Peko-Odom have got plenty of playing time,But once again high round pick on even just depth I'd be fine with

3.)Linebacker -I like Rivers alot and i'm happy with Dhani as the vet but would not mind finding another play maker here.

PS,II'd love to see the bengals take Rey Maualuga because we still should have have enough picks to adress Oline/dline just fine....maybe the skins will still want ocho.

I love the Bengals and I hope they can win 10 of 12 and win the division but with Dallas and New York coming up I don't know when we will win a game. So it is time to start thinking of the draft. Who does everyone see us getting next year? I am saying a LB particularly one from Ohio State or USC!

What happened the last time Favre stepped into PBS? I remember 5 picks.

Yeah, that was back when we were able to score thirty-plus points a game, too. That's called history for a reason. We have one pick in four games, you think we're going to get five in one, even against Favre?

Besides, those picks don't do any good if you just three-and-out on all five of them.

I got an idea. Go to the game and recreate another part of Favre/PBS history. Run on the field and steal the ball out of his hand. You'll be on Best D*mn Sports for years.

If I'm not mistaken, the last time we drafted any type of lineman in the first round was in 2002, when we drafted Levi. That's excluding Pollack, who they converted to LB. So how exactly is that a priority in every draft?

We always talk about here how we should draft OLINE and DLINE and I do agree that we should have traded up for Ellis or Dorsey this year, but now that Rivers is playing well I am happy with our pick. But you can get really good OLINE in the latter rounds. You need to draft Dline in round 1 but look at all the great Dlinemen that are available through trades. I really wish we got Chris Jenkins last year. Honestly in my opinion we need another Linebacker and that is my priority this year.

That won't happen this year...lol Sorry but the Jets are my "October-January" team!

PS,II'd love to see the bengals take Rey Maualuga because we still should have have enough picks to adress Oline/dline just fine....maybe the skins will still want ocho.

Thats what I've been saying as well, the guy's a beast, hits like a ton of bricks, and if there is one thing we need on defense, its someone who is feared by opposing players....an intimidator....thats what Maualuga brings to the table......I just hope the injury he suffered last week isnt very bad...

Thats what I've been saying as well, the guy's a beast, hits like a ton of bricks, and if there is one thing we need on defense, its someone who is feared by opposing players....an intimidator....thats what Maualuga brings to the table......I just hope the injury he suffered last week isnt very bad...

Yea I really like him as well. I cant believe noone wants Jim the "ANIMAL" Steele's son!

Andre Smith, LT, 340, Alabama.

But before all of that, they need to fire all coaches, except Zimmer, by late December. Hire a new batch early.

New coaches could do wonders for a year or two before Brown screws them up.

Figure in 2009, no Levi, no Stacy, no TJ, no Chad either.

They will still have a weak OL even with a guy like Andre Smith. This is the year to trade Levi and Chad for some extra picks.

Since their 2008 rookies can't get on the field, 2009 will be like two drafts in the same year.

We always talk about here how we should draft OLINE and DLINE and I do agree that we should have traded up for Ellis or Dorsey this year, but now that Rivers is playing well I am happy with our pick. But you can get really good OLINE in the latter rounds. You need to draft Dline in round 1 but look at all the great Dlinemen that are available through trades. I really wish we got Chris Jenkins last year. Honestly in my opinion we need another Linebacker and that is my priority this year.

we have 2 sacks on defense 2! one is by a saftey. carson palmer is walking around with a broken nose and bruised up elbow and has been sacked 9 times in 3 games. ryan was sacked 3 times alone last week. so where is a linebacker going to help our 100 million dollar qb. if he keeps taking the beatings like he is now. we may be in the market for a qb with our top pick.

we have 2 sacks on defense 2! one is by a saftey. carson palmer is walking around with a broken nose and bruised up elbow and has been sacked 9 times in 3 games. ryan was sacked 3 times alone last week. so where is a linebacker going to help our 100 million dollar qb. if he keeps taking the beatings like he is now. we may be in the market for a qb with our top pick.

Keep him upright? Two years ago they gave up like only 20 sacks and last year the oline set the franchise record for sacks. They have 9 mil in andrews a lot into levi, money invested into whitworth and they got draft picks in the center. If any of them go it should definatly be the center, but I am not objecting to sending Levi home but no way do we use a first rounder on an olineman. I like using one in the second or third rounds but we need another 1st round linebacker with our defense!

Keep him upright? Two years ago they gave up like only 20 sacks and last year the oline set the franchise record for sacks. They have 9 mil in andrews a lot into levi, money invested into whitworth and they got draft picks in the center. If any of them go it should definatly be the center, but I am not objecting to sending Levi home but no way do we use a first rounder on an olineman. I like using one in the second or third rounds but we need another 1st round linebacker with our defense!

Have you WATCHED a game this year? Carson's getting the s**t kicked out of him because our highly overpaid lineman can't block, namely Levi and Girlchick. We need another tackle and/or center in a hurry. My idea? Draft a tackle in the first round next year and sign Bentley now and have him into game shape by training camp.

Have you WATCHED a game this year? Carson's getting the s**t kicked out of him because our highly overpaid lineman can't block, namely Levi and Girlchick. We need another tackle and/or center in a hurry. My idea? Draft a tackle in the first round next year and sign Bentley now and have him into game shape by training camp.

I defiantly agree that he is getting killed this year and the broken nose is proof. But you have to understand, you can't just keep dumping money into the same position. Look at Baltimore, look at Tampa. They always have good teams because they always have a great defense, when you build a defense it makes your entire team better. We need to Unf*** our defense which is only two players away I believe (Another linebacker and a great DT), once we do this then we can fix our offense. We have a great QB who has another 8-10 years in him. We have some pieces on the Oline and we have the receivers. We just pumped some youth into our receivers in case tj leaves. I do agree that we need some Oline, but NO WAY do we bring in another 1st round lineman. We should use a second rounder similar to what we did with whitworth.

our defense which is only two players away I believe

JoeWrong? Is that you? Where ya been?

LOL, think about it. We have a great young linebacker that is doing good this year in Keith Rivers. We have a good young secondary that is only going to continue getting better and we have some potential in our dline with our new DT's. If we add another high profile LBer and a strong run stuffing DT to play along Simms and Shirley then our team is set for success. If you can stop the run you force the other team to throw more. When a team is forced to throw and there is good coverage down field with our 1st round corners, then the DE's have more time to get to the QB. Our defense coordinator is a great coach and once we give him a couple more pieces which includes some leadership we will have a top ten defense!

Figure in 2009, no Levi, no Stacy, no TJ, no Chad either.

Yeah, Levi Owned could be done. But my bet re: Stacy is that they back the Brinks truck up to his locker. TJ could still get franchised, and Chad can spaz all he wants, but he's under contract for a few more years.

All that said, it makes little sense to have drafted Simpson and Caldwell...and then to cling to Chad and TJ. Especially given their attitude and offseason participation issues. Swapping Ocho for some picks is a good suggestion. I don't know if Levi's got any trade value -- is it really his attitude or are his knees just shot (or both)?

Re: the coaching staff, Brat must go. Which likely means a housecleaning on that side of the ball. As for Marvin...meh. Mikey isn't going to hire a real coach -- no Cowher, not even a Billick -- so is there any real point? Hell, I say the Bengals break new ground in 2009: be the first NFL team to eliminate the position of head coach!