Bengals Sign RB Cedric Benson

ShulaSteakhouse

Marvin Lewis talking to Mike Brown instead Harry talking to Lloyd:

Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

you just made my day sir

To bad we didn't have a real owner that would hire him baby sitters like jones did for pacman

If someone needs a babysitter they need down the road. Jones apparently did what he had to with "Pacman", I haven't really followed any of that. I just know this whole situation here is a joke. We bring back guys who've sh*t all over this franchise numerous times then sign more and more troublemakers. Frankly i'm sick of it. We were given a BS speech that turned into a huge slap in the face. I knew if Benson was cut ol' Mikey wouldn't be able to resist. He's gotta keep trying to play "redeemer".

How many people were complaining about not having Rudi Johnson this season? I'm not saying I'm a fan of him or the signing, but Benson should be the bowling ball compliment to Chris Perry's scat-back abilities (Benson and Rudi are the same size, 5'10" or 5"11" and 220-225). Obviously it's all predicated on the O line doing a half-way decent job at run blocking, which will be the make-or-break factor. The Bears never really had a stellar O line for Benson to run behind so this is probably a moot point.

Oh you mean the same non-stellar O-line that Matt Forte is racking up huge numbers behind?

Forte is only averaging 3.8 yards per carry and it is getting worse every week. He blew up that first week and has slipped off ever since kind of like Kevin Smith. Benson averaged 4.1 his first 2 seasons and did horrible last year because the whole bears squad was terrible. I'm not saying Benson is a super star but Forte isn't doing much better even though the whole Bears squad is better this year

The difference between Matt Forte and Cedric Benson is that Matt Forte is a complete back. Benson never cared to block when he was in Chi. He's kinda like Larry Johnson in that respect, but Benson's not a beast carrying the ball like LJ. Matt Forte has already shown to be a willing blocker as a rookie. The YPC doesn’t paint an accurate picture about Forte. Forte has 18 rec for 147 yds and 1 TD in 4 games. In Cedric Benson's best year he had 17 rec for 127 and 0 TD's. I think the bigger question goes out to all the scouts that had Benson rated as a top end 1st round pick, while most scouts graded Forte out as a 3rd round back?

The reason I don't like this acquisition is because of the charecter issues. He didn't get along with his teammates? He's got an admitted problem with alcohol? Do we really want to bring someone like that into this train wreck? We could have signed Alexander. At least he's a stand up guy. A little strange, but a stand up guy. We're back to being the laughing stock of all the NFL, although we really never left. Great players like Palmer Chad and TJ have done everything they can for this organization. Until Mike Brown hires a GM I have no hope for this franchise.

I personally like this signing. Worst case scenario, he ends up being a bust and he gets cut or not resigned. Best case scenario, he ends up being productive and is a steal off of the scrap heap. The team is winless and has no healthy running backs. If he can average 3.5-4 yars per carry, he would definitely be an asset. I would surely take him over Morency, Herron, Lattimore, Toefield and the others that the Bengals brought in.....and even Alexander.

I'm willing to give Benson a chance. Perry sure as hell can't run between the tackles! <_<

<Off topic> I like the selection of hottie there, Billy

I'm goin' back to being the Boobiemiester. The Bengals thing isn't doing a damn thing for me. :rolleyes:

How many people were complaining about not having Rudi Johnson this season? I'm not saying I'm a fan of him or the signing, but Benson should be the bowling ball compliment to Chris Perry's scat-back abilities (Benson and Rudi are the same size, 5'10" or 5"11" and 220-225). Obviously it's all predicated on the O line doing a half-way decent job at run blocking, which will be the make-or-break factor. The Bears never really had a stellar O line for Benson to run behind so this is probably a moot point.

Oh you mean the same non-stellar O-line that Matt Forte is racking up huge numbers behind?

Forte is only averaging 3.8 yards per carry and it is getting worse every week. He blew up that first week and has slipped off ever since kind of like Kevin Smith. Benson averaged 4.1 his first 2 seasons and did horrible last year because the whole bears squad was terrible. I'm not saying Benson is a super star but Forte isn't doing much better even though the whole Bears squad is better this year

The difference between Matt Forte and Cedric Benson is that Matt Forte is a complete back. Benson never cared to block when he was in Chi. He's kinda like Larry Johnson in that respect, but Benson's not a beast carrying the ball like LJ. Matt Forte has already shown to be a willing blocker as a rookie. The YPC doesn’t paint an accurate picture about Forte. Forte has 18 rec for 147 yds and 1 TD in 4 games. In Cedric Benson's best year he had 17 rec for 127 and 0 TD's. I think the bigger question goes out to all the scouts that had Benson rated as a top end 1st round pick, while most scouts graded Forte out as a 3rd round back?

The reason I don't like this acquisition is because of the charecter issues. He didn't get along with his teammates? He's got an admitted problem with alcohol? Do we really want to bring someone like that into this train wreck? We could have signed Alexander. At least he's a stand up guy. A little strange, but a stand up guy. We're back to being the laughing stock of all the NFL, although we really never left. Great players like Palmer Chad and TJ have done everything they can for this organization. Until Mike Brown hires a GM I have no hope for this franchise.

This is actually spot on. The first thing I was going to point out was the number of receptions and reception yards Forte has already. Forte can run between the tackles, has break away speed, has nice hands, and isn't afraid to put his nose in there and make a block. It always seems other teams can make these kind of draft picks while the Bengals only seem to get one every decade or so.

I'm willing to give Benson a chance. Perry sure as hell can't run between the tackles! <_<

Dude, Moses couldn't run between our tackles right now, and he parted the friggin' sea...

I see what you're saying, but I feel Cedric having a greater bulk than Chrissy, wouldn't go down with mere arm tackles.

Dude, Moses couldn't run between our tackles right now, and he parted the friggin' sea...

I see what you're saying, but I feel Cedric having a greater bulk than Chrissy, wouldn't go down with mere arm tackles.

I miss Corey Dillon.

(never thought I'd hear myself say that...)

I miss Corey Dillon.

I just miss Rudi.

Rudi wouldn't be doing any better behind this s**t line. That was what made Corey special. Love him or hate him, he could gain yards with the Three Stooges blocking for him...or as in our current situation, the Five Stooges.

I don't believe that Benson will make a bit of difference with the way the O-line is playing. The only thing this pickup does for me is give me a shread of hope that the Bengals are attempting to find ways to make the team better and aren't sitting on their hands. Hopefully, there is a realization there in the front office that a really really bad turn is coming from the fans and their continued support.

All that said...I very much doubt it is the case.

The only thing this pickup does for me is give me a shread of hope that the Bengals are attempting to find ways to make the team better and aren't sitting on their hands. Hopefully, there is a realization there in the front office that a really really bad turn is coming from the fans and their continued support.

All that said...I very much doubt it is the case.

Yeah, problem is they're doing it the usual way - sign a big risk in lieu of actual scouting. I've heard this tune before.

I don't know how much he'll help, but with Dorsey out, Watson hurting and Perry ineffective they had to make a move. I read among the eight or so that they tried out, he had the best workout. Lets' face it, the pickings were pretty slim to pick up a guy for Week 5.

A little surprised that Alexander didn't get a look, must have nothing left in the tank.

As far as the off-field issues, hopefully they are behind him and hopefully he can help us, especially in short yardage situations. His 3.8 ypc in Chicago is alot better than the 2.9 of Perry and Rudi before him.

Let's hope for the best, we don't have anything else.

As far as the off-field issues, hopefully they are behind him and hopefully he can help us, especially in short yardage situations. His 3.8 ypc in Chicago is alot better than the 2.9 of Perry and Rudi before him.

Until someone else starts gaining more yards behind this line, I still maintain that it's a line issue rather than a RB issue. This line completely sucks balls.

On a side note, has anyone seen the Where Dey billboards WEBN has put up? I laughed my ass off when I saw it.

Until someone else starts gaining more yards behind this line, I still maintain that it's a line issue rather than a RB issue.

Thank you for hitting the nail on the head Ickey. It's been said in this forum hundreds of times, but some people never listen.

THE GAME IS WON AND LOST ON THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!!! :angry: