Bengals Sign RB Cedric Benson

ShulaSteakhouse

Maybe they will run the wingback set like Miami did with Ronnie Brown...then they won't even need Carson...or any QB for that matter. I say bring back the Wingbone option! :lol: Oh...the Bengals only have 2 haelthy RB's...they couldn't even do that. Why are all the Bengals runningbacks so fragile? Do the trainers give them crystal lite instead of gatorade? Man I knew Mike Brown was cheap but...

Shrug. The DUI/BUI charges against Benson looked bogus from the start, and obviously they were. But they gave the Bears an excuse. Benson's release was really about nonperformance. His numbers were decent, but he was a No. 4 overall pick, so he got labeled a bust. Plus there were stories that he was soft, didn't get along with his team mates, yadda yadda yadda. Could end up being a good signing.

How many people were complaining about not having Rudi Johnson this season? I'm not saying I'm a fan of him or the signing, but Benson should be the bowling ball compliment to Chris Perry's scat-back abilities (Benson and Rudi are the same size, 5'10" or 5"11" and 220-225). Obviously it's all predicated on the O line doing a half-way decent job at run blocking, which will be the make-or-break factor. The Bears never really had a stellar O line for Benson to run behind so this is probably a moot point.

How many people were complaining about not having Rudi Johnson this season? I'm not saying I'm a fan of him or the signing, but Benson should be the bowling ball compliment to Chris Perry's scat-back abilities (Benson and Rudi are the same size, 5'10" or 5"11" and 220-225). Obviously it's all predicated on the O line doing a half-way decent job at run blocking, which will be the make-or-break factor. The Bears never really had a stellar O line for Benson to run behind so this is probably a moot point.

Oh you mean the same non-stellar O-line that Matt Forte is racking up huge numbers behind?

Oh you mean the same non-stellar O-line that Matt Forte is racking up huge numbers behind?

Forte is only averaging 3.8 yards per carry and it is getting worse every week. He blew up that first week and has slipped off ever since kind of like Kevin Smith. Benson averaged 4.1 his first 2 seasons and did horrible last year because the whole bears squad was terrible. I'm not saying Benson is a super star but Forte isn't doing much better even though the whole Bears squad is better this year

Great pickup, finnally this organization is signing FA's that aren't fckin terrible

Nice standards. The Bengals' are just signing cast-offs and back-ups and expecting them to play big roles on their squad instead...woo (Dexter Jackson, Utecht, Odom, Brandon Johnson, Blackstock, et al...,). No one plays through injuries on this team because they just want to get out. Just look at Tennessee's defense minus Odom - they're 4-0 and their D is killling people. Yeah he was worth $8 million, woo hoo.

If Benson works out, great, I don't think he'll do squat behind this o-line, but whatever, they needed a body and hopefully he's sobered up by now.