Win or lose, I'm proud of the team this week.

BengalszoneBilly

No. Moral. Victories.

Had enough of that in the 90s.

No. Moral. Victories.

Yep. 0-3, no playoffs. That's what it's about.

I believe Cincinnati taking the World Champion Giants to overtime on the road is a sign of hope. They showed guts, and guts is all I ask.

No. Moral. Victories.

No. Moral. Victories.

I believe Cincinnati taking the World Champion Giants to overtime on the road is a sign of hope. They showed guts, and guts is all I ask.

You take the guts...I'm scouting college O-lineman for the first or second overall pick.

No. Moral. Victories.

No one was more down on this team coming out of preseason than I, but I have to disagree with you fellows.

Lemme score it for you

Played hard for a full 60 minutes, never giving up? Check

Improved on play from previous week? Check

Played well on the road? Check

Played well against a TOP NOTCH opponent? Check

Not beaten in regulation? Check

The L is naturally the number one negative. :-) No disagreement. But look at the PREVIOUS TWO losses, and tell me this wasn't a VASTLY better game. I dare you. Do it.

Then, go ahead and try to convince me....hell, any of us.....that if they play this well against a more average team that they come away with anything other than a W?

When you have an 0-2 team that was horrible\embarrassing for two weeks straight, frankly.....this was an ENORMOUS improvement. W, L, or draw. I'll take this loss gladly, because it is something to build on.

Everybody that is not happy about the team's performance today then your an idiot, b/c the first two weeks were a joke of a team! "No moral victories" were not askin for moral victories just a team that plays better and harder than the one that played the first two weeks! After the first two weeks, everyone wanted everyone gone, now I just want Levi gone, by next week though

Agree TJ this team came out and played physical for 60 min and beyond, with a banged up secondary i thought the defense did its job when they had to, its just to bad at the end what happend. The offense even though they gave up the sacks they gave Palmer time to throw and when he did he was on. They came a couple of yards away from winning the game, so yes this does suck and a win would have boosted the teams moral, i just hope they dont hold there head down they played a hard game and if they would have played this way this team would be 2-1, so now lets see what they got from here on out.

Vastly better game. No question about it. Shoot 'No-Show' Jones.

That said, our season ends in December. Any post-season caliber team finds ways to win games like today's, not lose them. I understand you wanting to take comfort in something, and like I said, yes they played better. Problem is, is that what we get next week? Do we see the week one and two Bengals show up? You never know in Cincy. Tread lightly on your optimism.

Sure, it is not as embarrassing to be a fan this week. But still pisses me off, as everyone on here knew the stakes the first two weeks, but the Bengals apaprently didn't as they choked away two winnable and, frankly, must win, games with no focus or effort, just to pour their hearts and souls into a game that was going to be an uphill battle. Classic Cincy stupidity.

I hereby GUARANTEE a win next week against Cleveland. :bengal:

I believe the last time someone did that, you accused them of hitting the pipe. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The last time I did this Greg, I was right. The Bengals will thump the Browns at home.

I hereby GUARANTEE a win next week against Cleveland. :bengal:

I believe the last time someone did that, you accused them of hitting the pipe. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The last time I did this Greg, I was right. The Bengals will thump the Browns at home.

Then I'm on the BillyBandwagon! Check my thread in the smack section. Let's talk this up. Let's go!!!!

Who Dey!

Sure they played better than the last two weeks (would have been difficult to play worse), but I maintain that they

are lucky that they had a shot at the end. There were several Giants offense miscues late in the game where they

should have blown it open - missing wide open players etc.

There are absolutely no clutch performers on the Bengals defense. Granted that several players were missing, but

the personnel missing have shown the same ability to choke. It takes the other teams screwing up to end drives.

Seldom do they impose their will on the other team. Eli had years to throw today, it was Bengals luck that he had

an off day.

What's with the offensive play calling in OT. I thought the play calls were "safe" and horrendous.

I wish I shared your enthusiasm going forward. I see Brown and Marvin taking this game as vindication of

their methods ("we were in it w/ the World Champs missing key personnel"). Then Housh and Ocho will

be back in the press getting cocky and subsequently getting their heads handed to them next week.

No. Moral. Victories.

No one wa more down on this team coming out of preseason than I, but I have to disagree with you fellows.

Lemme score it for you

Played hard for a full 60 minutes, never giving up? Check

Improved on play from previous week? Check

Played well on the road? Check

Played well against a TOP NOTCH opponent? Check

Not beaten in regulation? Check

The L is naturally the number one negative. :-) No disagreement. But look at the PREVIOUS TWO losses, and tell me this wasn't a VASTLY better game. I dare you. Do it.

Then, go ahead and try to convince me....hell, any of us.....that if they place this well against a more average team that they come away with anything other than a W?

When you have an 0-2 team that was horrible\embarrassing for two weeks straight, frankly.....this was an ENORMOUS improvement. W, L, or draw. I'll take this loss gladly, because it is something to build on.

agree on all points.

how they handle Levi this week will tell us quite a bit.

No. Moral. Victories.

Meh... that's all we were going to get this season anyway. Most of us knew that coming in.

The Bengals are not a playoff team this year. Why waste a good draft position on meaningless wins against good teams?

Understanding we are going to be a top five pick, I can answer your question. Because we don't know what to do with good draft positions when we have them anyway. I'm down on the loss and not really seeing the silver lining just quite yet in today's game, but I'm definitely not advocating playing for draft picks because we screw the crap out of those.