Peter Kings Palmer take

walzav29

"Someone said it in another thread, but I agree with it. Right now, until Palmer and/or the line gets it's act together, Fitzpatrick may be a better option for us right now. He can run, elude the rush, and improvise. All things Palmer can't do. Until the line starts pass blocking again, I would fully support the Bengals should the choose to do this."

Your nuts!

So you would rather watch Palmer get drilled week in and week out? Did you see Fitzpatrick play in the preseason? His rating was over 100. And he played with the first team offense most of the time he was in. When Palmer played in the preseason, he looked just like he did yesterday.

They way things are going right now, we may see Fitz in there whether we want to or not. Palmer's gonna get hurt back there unless the line/backs/TE's start blocking and picking up blitzes.

I didn't suggest this as a permanent solution either. Just until the line finally plays like an NFL caliber line and can pass protect so Carson's not playing scared all day.

Ok did you forget that fitz was playing against back ups and against players that didnt even make some teams!!! This could be the stupidest thing i have heard on here in a very long time!!

Not all the time. The stupidest (if that's even a word) thing to do now is to let Palmer get rocked every Sunday. If the offensive line continues to blow, then you have to put Fitzy in. The last thing we need is a $100 million QB sitting on IR.

:blink: so next week if carson passes for 300 yards and if they win the game are you going to still be talking about benching carson?? I swear some people amaze the hell out of me. So quick to turn there back on some one. It was week one, the offense has been beat up and have not played together. I AM NOT SAYING I am happy with the way things looked but god lets take a breath here and calm down

Why don't you try reading what I wrote? I said in the interest of protecting him, Carson should be pulled until the line can start blocking again. I'm not saying that Carson sucks, or anything of that nature. Put your elementary skills to work and actually comprehend the words I'm typing.

"Someone said it in another thread, but I agree with it. Right now, until Palmer and/or the line gets it's act together, Fitzpatrick may be a better option for us right now. He can run, elude the rush, and improvise. All things Palmer can't do. Until the line starts pass blocking again, I would fully support the Bengals should the choose to do this."

Your nuts!

So you would rather watch Palmer get drilled week in and week out? Did you see Fitzpatrick play in the preseason? His rating was over 100. And he played with the first team offense most of the time he was in. When Palmer played in the preseason, he looked just like he did yesterday.

They way things are going right now, we may see Fitz in there whether we want to or not. Palmer's gonna get hurt back there unless the line/backs/TE's start blocking and picking up blitzes.

I didn't suggest this as a permanent solution either. Just until the line finally plays like an NFL caliber line and can pass protect so Carson's not playing scared all day.

Ok did you forget that fitz was playing against back ups and against players that didnt even make some teams!!! This could be the stupidest thing i have heard on here in a very long time!!

Not all the time. The stupidest (if that's even a word) thing to do now is to let Palmer get rocked every Sunday. If the offensive line continues to blow, then you have to put Fitzy in. The last thing we need is a $100 million QB sitting on IR.

:blink: so next week if carson passes for 300 yards and if they win the game are you going to still be talking about benching carson?? I swear some people amaze the hell out of me. So quick to turn there back on some one. It was week one, the offense has been beat up and have not played together. I AM NOT SAYING I am happy with the way things looked but god lets take a breath here and calm down

Why don't you try reading what I wrote? I said in the interest of protecting him, Carson should be pulled until the line can start blocking again. I'm not saying that Carson sucks, or anything of that nature. Put your elementary skills to work and actually comprehend the words I'm typing.

I don't necessarily disagree with you on this point, but I can't imagine the hell team morale would hit if you bench the starting quarterback that is still, for now at least, regarded as a premier QB in the league, and certainly the high-priced face of this franchise. You think the players play without caring now, it would be like the scene in Adam Sandler's Longest Yard when the o-line keeps letting him get sacked with no blocks whatsoever.

Yeah, but think of the effect that would have if you told the o-line that you're benching the starting QB because you're afraid that with the atrocious blocking he's going to be hurt. If that doesn't motivate them nothing will. I say anything's worth a try at this point.

Yeah, but think of the effect that would have if you told the o-line that you're benching the starting QB because you're afraid that with the atrocious blocking he's going to be hurt. If that doesn't motivate them nothing will. I say anything's worth a try at this point.

If that picture of Palmer's smashed nose didn't motivate them...

I think if you bench Palmer, that might have the opposite effect and cause them to believe, "Heck, if Carson can't get hurt, who REALLY cares?" Takes the pressure off them completely to perform well.

Can somebody please tell me what WR on this team got open, Carson has no time to throw the ball and no recievers are getting open for him. Not one guy on this offense of side is playing as a team. Brat decides to try to run the ball on almost every first down what the hell was that how mixing up the plays there buddy. If these WR are so great then tell me why none of them can get open, right now this whole team so overrated maybe they should call alittle meeting toghter and get there heads in the game. Carson looks so scared out there right now, but everyone around him needs to help.

I'm sorry but the truth is what it is. Carson Palmer is a good QB but nowhere near the same player he used to be. He can no longer make the throws he used to make unless he has a completely perfect pocket to pass from. I'm thinking back to when he came from behind to beat the Ravens with 3 TD's in the 4th quarter in 2004. He was making throws from ALL OVER the pocket. He simply cannot do that anymore. I do agree with the fact that Brat HAS to go and the O-line is doing NOTHING to help Palmer. BUT...Palmer has to make something more out of what he is being given. He's getting paid big money to be a big time QB.

As far as Fitzpatrick goes, right now he would give the offense the best chance to win given the state of the O-line. Don't think so? Ask yourself this. Do you think Ben Roethisberger would play better behind our O-line? If so, then why? Think about it.

Palmer>Fitzpatrick BUT behind THIS O-line, Fitz would probably give us the better chance to win.

If you think that Ryan Fitzpatrick gives the Bengals a better chance of winning than Carson Palmer, you are nuts! I know this is a repeat but it blows my mind that there are some people who are willing to ditch a guy after one bad game.

I don't think Palmer will be replaced unless he is hurt. I'm also not going to be jumping up and down at PBS on Sunday after the Titans defense does to Palmer what the Ravens did this last game.

I am watching this complete crap of an O-line play like s**t game after game. I'm also watching Palmer look completely inept on the field. I'm not blind and I am not in denial. Carson Palmer is a good QB, but he is not great. Palmer is the next Drew Bledsoe. Open your eyes.

Let's look at it this way. The O-line is the major cause for Carson's problems, right? Agreed. Does anyone think that this line is going to get magically better? I don't. Ok, so for the sake of Palmer we need to re-tool the O-line. Ok. That's going to take at least 2 years. With Mike Brown in charge, it's going to take 3-4 years.

Basically, I can no longer be in denial. This is not the same team as 2005. Palmer is not the same either. This team is in a major lull and it's going to take AT LEAST 2-3 years to get better again, if it happens. That's my take.

If you think that Ryan Fitzpatrick gives the Bengals a better chance of winning than Carson Palmer, you are nuts! I know this is a repeat but it blows my mind that there are some people who are willing to ditch a guy after one bad game.

I agree 100 percent. As far as my grammer skills WHO CARES, this is football not freaking english class find a better come back then that. Carson is the leader of this team, but if players around him play bad then he will play bad. There is only so much that one player can do, and every one has bad games. Geez some of you are ready to hang him.

I can't argue. We saw Carson do something he rarely does yesterday. Ran 3 times for 15 yards. He didn't run because he wanted to, it was because he had no choice.

I'm physically sick from what I witnessed yesterday. I feel we gave up too much leadership when we let go Willie and Rudi. It's not always about youth my friends. It's about experience and knowledge.

Well somebody better learn to coach up these young guys then from what ive seen they dont look ready. This team has the talent and i really do think there are leaders on this team, maybe not the ones like Willie or Rudi, but the leaders now have to step up and do something which they have not done. So to me its not like theres not talent here but i am questioning the coaching these guys are getting, especially from our great D-LINE coach what a waste, this team decides to sign Geathers to this big money and to me its been a huge waste so far.

Good comment on the leadership factor. Willie is gone. Nothing anyone can do about that now. Palmer needs to step up in every possible facet of his game. Gametime and at practice. He's got to be the leader. He has to play better no matter the play of the offensive line. It's apparent that for some reason the O-line went from adequate last year to completely sucking this year. Go with what you got CP. What the receivers aren't on the same page? Keep their asses after practice and keep running routes. F**k it. All we hear after losses are excuses and what wasn't perfectly in place for our star QB. If he is indeed a star QB, he needs to make some damn plays. It's pretty simple. He did it before, he can do it again. But if it's all about the O-line...then he's not quite the star QB we thought he was. Make plays. Be a leader. Take control of this offense.

Carson has to take some of the blame too. Not only is he missing some of the correct audible calls, but he is missing his hot reads, and holding on to the ball too long without just throwing it away. The number one thing to slow down a blitzing defense is good screen passes. I don't think the Bengals threw one WR screen the entire game, and I can only remember like one screen pass to a RB. Brat didn't utilize Perry in the passing game hardly at all...Perry had only one reception. With Utech, they could even do one of those fake RB screens and throw backside to the TE on a screen. Sooo many options the Bengals have at their disposal to slow down Baltimore's blitzing LB's and DB's yet they continued to go into 3 and 5 step drop back passes. Makes me wonder if Carson owes Brat some money, and Brat is punishing Carson until he gets paid!

Carson has to take some of the blame too. Not only is he missing some of the correct audible calls, but he is missing his hot reads, and holding on to the ball too long without just throwing it away. The number one thing to slow down a blitzing defense is good screen passes. I don't think the Bengals threw one WR screen the entire game, and I can only remember like one screen pass to a RB. Brat didn't utilize Perry in the passing game hardly at all...Perry had only one reception. With Utech, they could even do one of those fake RB screens and throw backside to the TE on a screen. Sooo many options the Bengals have at their disposal to slow down Baltimore's blitzing LB's and DB's yet they continued to go into 3 and 5 step drop back passes. Makes me wonder if Carson owes Brat some money, and Brat is punishing Carson until he gets paid!

Yep. However, I am going with the assumed fact that Bratowski is a moron and is dumber than hell. Bratowski was never good, his players were good. He cannot improvise or adjust AND NEVER HAS! The league has caught on to his 3 page playbook and he is too friggin stupid to figure it out.

I think it speaks volumes that Palmer stated he wanted "changes in the coaching staff". Well, CP, big guy...go with what you have. Time to step up and be a leader.

CPalmer is definatetly not the same QB he was but I can't really blame him...It is OBVIOUS :o that he is scared because of the line, he was back in the pocket dancing on his feet, I also thought that he was dropping back way to far on some pass plays like he was trying to run away from the line...On the other hand I watch TRomo look cool as a cucumber in the pocket against the Browns scanning from side to side feet planted on the ground ready to throw when a WR breaks open, not hopping around like Bugs Bunny like CPalmer was Sunday...And the play calling is really really not helping the situation, but it all starts on the line with no push in the run game...

Palmer had one of the worst games I have ever seen out of him. But at the same time the play calling and players didn't help him out much. Not once was a misdirection called to catch the over aggressive Ravens blitzing. No screens, reverses, anything to dictate the style of game. The bengals let the ravens D dictate the style of play. It may have been the worst play calling I have ever seen. You don't play smash mouth football with a shifty back against a powerful defense.

CPalmer is definatetly not the same QB he was but I can't really blame him...It is OBVIOUS :o that he is scared because of the line, he was back in the pocket dancing on his feet, I also thought that he was dropping back way to far on some pass plays like he was trying to run away from the line...On the other hand I watch TRomo look cool as a cucumber in the pocket against the Browns scanning from side to side feet planted on the ground ready to throw when a WR breaks open, not hopping around like Bugs Bunny like CPalmer was Sunday...And the play calling is really really not helping the situation, but it all starts on the line with no push in the run game...

Palmer was sacked 17 times last year, that's it. He still couldn't take his game to the next level. A better running game would help but I think we know what we are going to get. Braham is gone, Steinbach is gone, and Willie is gone. When Steinbach left the running game left what was left on the O-line is not nearly as athletic as it used to be.

BUT...Palmer HAS to step his game up!!!! No more excuses from this team, just get it done!!! There is obviously no leadership from the coaching so Palmer's got to deal with what he has, be a leader, and step it up.

We can continue to give Palmer a free pass over and over again....we'll still be looking at the same crap 2-3 years from now.

Good comment on the leadership factor. Willie is gone. Nothing anyone can do about that now. Palmer needs to step up in every possible facet of his game. Gametime and at practice. He's got to be the leader. He has to play better no matter the play of the offensive line. It's apparent that for some reason the O-line went from adequate last year to completely sucking this year. Go with what you got CP. What the receivers aren't on the same page? Keep their asses after practice and keep running routes. F**k it. All we hear after losses are excuses and what wasn't perfectly in place for our star QB. If he is indeed a star QB, he needs to make some damn plays. It's pretty simple. He did it before, he can do it again. But if it's all about the O-line...then he's not quite the star QB we thought he was. Make plays. Be a leader. Take control of this offense.

Yep. However, I am going with the assumed fact that Bratowski is a moron and is dumber than hell. Bratowski was never good, his players were good. He cannot improvise or adjust AND NEVER HAS! The league has caught on to his 3 page playbook and he is too friggin stupid to figure it out.

I think it speaks volumes that Palmer stated he wanted "changes in the coaching staff". Well, CP, big guy...go with what you have. Time to step up and be a leader.

I agree Cincy. CP hasn't looked the same QB for a while now. It's not just Sunday's game - it's pre-season and last season. He's just losing more and more confidence because his OL can't protect him. Brat is about as much use as t*ts on a bull, and his inept and predictable coaching style is losing us games and will ultimately lose us a top flight QB...because CP will walk. Mark my words.

But Carson himself now needs to step up. He needs to understand that HE needs to react to the inevitable situation that our OL is not going to improve this season and he has to start to play with the cards that are dealt. That means HE starts taking more control. More screens. More movement. He needs to understand that he now needs to view the game from a new perspective...one of no OL at all!! Instead of expecting and hoping for those precious 5 seconds in the pocket, he has to plan for only 2-3 seconds before he gets dumped. He needs to take command, and work with his offensive players to come up with a strategy which will help.

Because no-one else is going to do it for him!!

I watched the Dallas game this Sunday here in the UK, and saw TR with up to 10 seconds in the pocket. He was calmly viewing the field in front of him and making perfect passes every time. he hardly even moved his feet at all!! He was 8 for 8 in the first 80 yard TD drive!!! The Clowns could do nothing about it in the first half because Dallas' OL was so strong.

I thought...yeah...put CP in that position and watch what happens!! It would be...Tony who?