Holy Crap It's Official

gregstephens

Ok.. I agree Chad-Ocho-what-ever is no longer THE WR he was a couple of years ago,

lets not kid our selves.. He is still a very good football player ON the field. Off the field? Meh... He is working his way up there to the TO level of craziness.

But on the field.. he is still very good.

cj.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't believe we didn't take a first and a third for this idiot. I don't care about his name. We should call him whatever he wants to be called. But his performance last year, his very light work so far this year, and his injuries, which are starting to come more frequently, all add up to a career that will end in sloppy and flat out incorrect routes, frequent trips to the IR, and more and more desperate pleas for attention.

Your talking about a 4 time, back-to-back probowler. He's been a leader in yardage for how many seasons? Chad produces, nuff said about that.

First of all, he is still Chad Johnson to me and always wil be.

Secondly, yeah Chad has got some gaudy numbers and personal accomplishments. However for all of that he has a very bad habit of disappearing during crunch time. Let's hope his name change helps him make a few more catches in the fourth period, helps him hold onto the ball after contact, provides a cure for "alligator arms" and provides proper nutrition and hydration so he doesn't have to leave the field and get an IV during the game.

Buena suerte, Chad Johnson.

What f**king crunch time? This is what blows me away with some of you. No offense JJak but seriously what f**king crunch time are you speaking of? Chad Johnson is playing on a mediocre team and he's frusterated, you would feel the same... The team reeks of mediocre! Chad's played in ONE contraversial "crunch time" game. ONE! And I already know what you'll all say: "that he folded during that game," ..whatever :lol: . The simple fact still remains the same; Carson Palmer got taken out of the game on one of the cheapest shots EVER in the history of the NFL and Chad went haywire just like the emotional player he is. He went haywire because he had finally made it to the playoffs and truly fealt that we had a shot at the Super Bowl (which we did) and that dream was shattered when Carson went down and MR. Mediocre Kitna stepped in. Factual Point.

My stance on Chad remains the same. He's one of the best in the league. Until you can find me a better replacement, Chad's my guy! And I'm 100% positive that Carson feels the same.

wow. those are some thick rose colored glasses there, agreen.

Here is a further sampling of Chad's knack for not showing up at "crunch time".

As you cling to the well chronicled 2005 playoff implosion of 85, let's jump forward to 2006 and take a look at the late-season situation:

Bengals are 8-5. second in the the AFC Norte. ready to take the wild-card spot with just one more win.

Chad, SOMEHOW, fails to show up during the next three-game stretch....aka, crunch time.

CIN at INDY

Chad's catches 3 passes for 37 yards...Bengals lose 16-34.

CIN at DEN

Chad's catches 3 passes for 32 yards...Bengals lose 23-24.

PIT at CIN

Chad's catches 4 passes for 53 yards...Bengals lose 17-23

3 "Crunch Time" games - 10 passes - 122 yards - 0 TD's - 3 Losses when the playoffs were in sight.

End result: No playoffs

Sorry for the delayed post... Yeah your right, maybe Chad should play QB and WR. Then he can throw the ball to himself and score TD's... Seriously, It's not Chad's fault the QB can't get him the ball because he's too busy getting sacked and thrown around!

I still can't believe we didn't take a first and a third for this idiot. I don't care about his name. We should call him whatever he wants to be called. But his performance last year, his very light work so far this year, and his injuries, which are starting to come more frequently, all add up to a career that will end in sloppy and flat out incorrect routes, frequent trips to the IR, and more and more desperate pleas for attention.

Your talking about a 4 time, back-to-back probowler. He's been a leader in yardage for how many seasons? Chad produces, nuff said about that.

First of all, he is still Chad Johnson to me and always wil be.

Secondly, yeah Chad has got some gaudy numbers and personal accomplishments. However for all of that he has a very bad habit of disappearing during crunch time. Let's hope his name change helps him make a few more catches in the fourth period, helps him hold onto the ball after contact, provides a cure for "alligator arms" and provides proper nutrition and hydration so he doesn't have to leave the field and get an IV during the game.

Buena suerte, Chad Johnson.

What f**king crunch time? This is what blows me away with some of you. No offense JJak but seriously what f**king crunch time are you speaking of? Chad Johnson is playing on a mediocre team and he's frusterated, you would feel the same... The team reeks of mediocre! Chad's played in ONE contraversial "crunch time" game. ONE! And I already know what you'll all say: "that he folded during that game," ..whatever :lol: . The simple fact still remains the same; Carson Palmer got taken out of the game on one of the cheapest shots EVER in the history of the NFL and Chad went haywire just like the emotional player he is. He went haywire because he had finally made it to the playoffs and truly fealt that we had a shot at the Super Bowl (which we did) and that dream was shattered when Carson went down and MR. Mediocre Kitna stepped in. Factual Point.

My stance on Chad remains the same. He's one of the best in the league. Until you can find me a better replacement, Chad's my guy! And I'm 100% positive that Carson feels the same.

First of all, thanks kingwilly for detaling the end of the 2006 season. That was basically what I was referring to in my post. But I was also thinking about the game against the Cardinals last year when he fumbled at the goal line and sat there with his back to the play and made no attempt to go after it. If someone has that picture somewhere, please post it. That's the kind of f**king crunch time I'm talking about agreen. During crunch time, great players change the game, not disappear in it. He's a bit like Adam Dunn. A lot of hollow numbers that have had little affect on wins and losses over the last couple of seasons.

Chad Johnson's act has become nothing short of a circus freakshow too. He is a media whore and a puppet on Drew's string. I just want to know how his name change is going to affect or improve his game this season.

Lastly, when I grew up, your last name meant something. I wonder how the members of the Johnson family feel about the new name. I find it very disrespectful.

That being said, here's hoping that they (he and Carson) are on the same page this year and have a great season together. If not, may next year Chad might consider coming to the voluntary practices in the spring like everybody else. Well everybody but him and TJ. ;)

Ok.. I agree Chad-Ocho-what-ever is no longer THE WR he was a couple of years ago,

lets not kid our selves.. He is still a very good football player ON the field. Off the field? Meh... He is working his way up there to the TO level of craziness.

But on the field.. he is still very good.

Is it that Chad is not THE WR that he was a couple years ago or is it that Carson is not THE QB he was prior to the injury???

THink about it...

Everyone wants to hate on Chad, it's easy to jump on the wagon. But if you really look at the big picture, Carson was off on just as many, if not more, passes than the one's Chad dropped... Carson is struggling too and I think that directly relates to Chad's "decline."

Then, if you want, go even deeper. What's the cause of Carson's decline? The injury or the offensive line?

Think about it...