rudi for a wr?

AGrizzlyBaer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did rudi do last year nothing couldnt even break a run longer then 22 yards, and was hurt. This year hes hurt hasnt even gotten back really yet and this team needs to run the ball with or without him. I would still sign another running back though with Perry and Watson someone like Musa Smith or someone else that would get cut incase of injuries. Not to sure Rudi is going to be here this year at all chances are if they cant trade him what do they do cut him.

Whats up with all the Perry bashing in this thread? He has been the best looking player on offense this year

By no means am I bashing Perry, I just wondered why Watson never gets mentioned about being in the rotation, Perry has done ok this pre season but not to the extent that everyone is raving about.. Hell, his longest run has been 13 yards. Watson has played equally as well this preseason and maybe a tad bit better but still no ink. Ok, so I can agree with him (Perry) being

the starter, but in all honesty fvk the politics and let the best man win based on performance, not draft round, money and name.

Whats up with all the Perry bashing in this thread? He has been the best looking player on offense this year

He has 30 carries for 101 yards and a TD. 3.37 YPC isn't all that impressive.

Relatively speaking, however, he actually has looked better than anyone else, with the possible exception of Utecht.

Problem is that people bash Rudi for his 3.2 YPC last year but look at Perry this preseason with numbers not much better, and say he looks "impressive"

Why would you trade a bell cow for a wide receiver ??? That's about as stupid a thing as I've ever heard. I thought with Perry's return, Watson's damn good season last year, and the Speed of Dede Dorsey, that we were going to have a runningback by committe situation....

First of all, If Cincy really NEEDS a wide receiver that bad, Joe Horn is out there! He didn't want to play in Atlanta, and to be honest with you,... I wouldn't either. He signed with them thinking that he was making a playoff run with Vick as his quarterback, and then found out the entire team needed rebuilding after the Vick fiasco....

He's a proven veteran. He'll pick up the offense quickly, and he's already been through a training camp, and offseason conditioning. He could easily slide into the slot, and just run routes into the holes in zones until he learns the playbook.

It would be a win-win.

- You keep Rudi, You have Rudi and Perry on the field at the same time and you add Joe Horn to a young and injured wide receiver corp.

- And Mike Brown can't figure this out ???? ---- Oh Damn...!! I forgot. .. My Bad guys! :D

Relatively speaking, however, he actually has looked better than anyone else, with the possible exception of Utecht.

Problem is that people bash Rudi for his 3.2 YPC last year but look at Perry this preseason with numbers not much better, and say he looks "impressive"

Nobody has looked good with that O-line. How could they?

It would be damn stupid to get rid of Rudi. Mostly because you won't get anything of value in return. Keep Rudi for depth...scan the waiver wire this next week for the most experienced WR out there. Place Caldwell on the IR.

Yea because its sample size as far as the YPC go (it has not been a whole season because if it was I would be saying the same things that Rudi gets) and also the O-line has been underachieving.

They're not trading Rudi. This is all a ploy to get him motivated. What team will take an injured back who is due a hefty salary, coming off a down year? What could the Bengals realistically expect in return. On the other hand, the Bengals could definitely pick up another back and release Rudi. It almost seams like they are gearing up for mid-season, which would be OK if this were baseball. As good as people said that James Johnson looks, he's done next to nothing in the games and DeDe looks to be on the way out. I would like to see Deshawn Wynn get here or maybe one of the last cuts at RB from the Giants, Saints or Bucs.

In a fantasy, what about Rudi and a 4th round pick to the Jets for Laveraneus Coles?

They're not trading Rudi. This is all a ploy to get him motivated. What team will take an injured back who is due a hefty salary, coming off a down year? What could the Bengals realistically expect in return. On the other hand, the Bengals could definitely pick up another back and release Rudi. It almost seams like they are gearing up for mid-season, which would be OK if this were baseball. As good as people said that James Johnson looks, he's done next to nothing in the games and DeDe looks to be on the way out. I would like to see Deshawn Wynn get here or maybe one of the last cuts at RB from the Giants, Saints or Bucs.

In a fantasy, what about Rudi and a 4th round pick to the Jets for Laveraneus Coles?

Detroit and Oak will have to cut some decent RB's.

Rudi and Watson are better complimentary backs and probably always will be at this point. I just hate seeing people overrate Perry, with no justification, other than the fact he's a Bengal. He's done nothing the last two games to impress anyone...even with the horrible lack of good blocking. The guy is just slow now and lacks mobility, unless he's hiding something, but I doubt he is.

Rudi and Watson are better complimentary backs and probably always will be at this point. I just hate seeing people overrate Perry, with no justification, other than the fact he's a Bengal. He's done nothing the last two games to impress anyone...even with the horrible lack of good blocking. The guy is just slow now and lacks mobility, unless he's hiding something, but I doubt he is.

Same as everyone else. For a guy that has not played in 2 years he has looked good. There has got to be some adjustment of getting back to game speed after missing such a lengthy time so for that reason in my eyes he has been impressive.

I guess everyone else is just expecting him to come back and be LT

Well, part of that could be that Rudi actually had a 2.9 last year, which is in fact rather poor. I'm not saying Glass is the savior of our RB position, but you start talking about a YPC under 3...yikes.

Well, part of that could be that Rudi actually had a 2.9 last year, which is in fact rather poor. I'm not saying Glass is the savior of our RB position, but you start talking about a YPC under 3...yikes.

And part of that is also an offensive line that will not open any lanes. I don't know what Perry's YPC is this preseason, but he's fighting to get every darn yard with this line.

And part of that is also an offensive line that will not open any lanes. I don't know what Perry's YPC is this preseason, but he's fighting to get every darn yard with this line.

Yup. That's why I'm not as down on Rudi as some people - awful line + serious injury, you can maybe think it's not just that the wheels fell off for him last season.

I'm down on Rudi. He didn't look good last year, and milked his hamstring to avoid working in the preseason. I'd love it if they'd trade him, but who's going to take him with his 3 million plus salary? Other teams will just wait for us to cut him. Which I think we will, this Saturday.

I'm down on Rudi. He didn't look good last year, and milked his hamstring to avoid working in the preseason. I'd love it if they'd trade him, but who's going to take him with his 3 million plus salary? Other teams will just wait for us to cut him. Which I think we will, this Saturday.

If he is healthy I dont see them cutting Rudi, to many questions surrounding the other RB's to let him go.

If he is healthy I dont see them cutting Rudi, to many questions surrounding the other RB's to let him go.

I think these rumors were started by Mike Brown to light a fire underneath Rudi's butt. Seems to have worked.

Before they cut him they'll probably ask him to take a huge reduction in pay. If he agrees, they'll keep him. I just can't see them keeping him at his current salary. If he was a broken down tackle who hadn't played a down in like three years, then sure, he'd be worth 3 million.

They are NOT trading or CUTTING Rudi Johnson. There's no way that all offseason Marvin Lewis said there would be a bigger commitment to the running game this season and then you cut your most dependable back.

- Yes Rudi is dinged, what running back that's played for 7 seasons hasn't had any injuries....??? But there is no way, that the Bengals would turn over the offense to Chris " Mr. Glass " Perry!

- I like Perry's athleticism, but c'mon.... I bet he's had more dinner dates at the trainers' house than football games played since the Bengals drafted him.

* Personally I would like to see Rudi at 230 lbs run over Ray Lewis at the Goal Line again!! :bengal::cheers: