IF MARVIN desides to move on after this season?

vettespd20

This is exactly why I don't understand the Marvin bashing. The team is playing poorly, underachieving, unmotivated... whatever. It may be true, it might not be. But who's going to replace him?

Until Mike Brown dies or hands over the keys, every coach there is knows what he does. They can see the way he took Marvin's power away. They know they are just the next in line to be destroyed.

I don't hate Mike Brown. He just needs to hire a GM and be hands off when it comes to personnel decisions. I'm sure Dallas and Oakland fans feel the same way... but the best coach this team could get if Marvin leaves is going to have to be from college - and how often does that work out?

I think its way to early to talk about this but I am just putting this out there. What if this does in fact becomes a tough season and Marvin does decide to move on and leave the team. Then what? who would be the guy to step in and help this team move in the right direction?

Bill Cowher !

- Marvin Lewis is a p***y! He's a puppet for an ill-advised, poorly managed underachieving philosophy that has ruined this franchise since Paul Brown died!

- There's no commitment to winning at all costs, or at any cost!

A man like Bill Cowher will come in here only if he gets FULL CONTROL of all player decisions and talent and will build a mentality that fits his style of coaching...

WINNING!

We wouldn't put up with the rich kid attitudes either. Everybody will be treated equal. You miss a pass, block, fumble the ball, miss a FG, etc, you'll be pushing up (push-ups, flitter kicks, etc) Ohio until we puke. Bad play, poor attitudes, lack of motivation can and will result in fines. You either come to play or get off of our field. One team, one fight.

I seriously doubt Marvin walks, no matter the circumstances. NFL head coaching jobs don't grow on trees. Most of the position coaches and coordinators work a whole career and never get a chance to be a head coach. Marvin's like everyone else, he'll hang on until he gets fired, dies, or just gets old enough and rich enough not to care anymore, ala Holmgren.

I seriously doubt Marvin walks, no matter the circumstances. NFL head coaching jobs don't grow on trees. Most of the position coaches and coordinators work a whole career and never get a chance to be a head coach. Marvin's like everyone else, he'll hang on until he gets fired, dies, or just gets old enough and rich enough not to care anymore, ala Holmgren.

He might walk if he "knows" he is getting hired another place. There is turmoil at several clubs and this season will decide many fates. Here are the places where a spot might open up:

SF

Oakland

KC

STL

I am not suggessting these coaches are toast OR that he will slot in to any of these should they open but it is certainly possible he walks, knowing he has a shot at an open spot. Despite what I think have been many poor decisions, the re-signing of Henry despite ML's public position, and the well chronicled series of poor draft decisions, have to point to more than inability of ML to run a winning NFL team. He shares the blame on some level but if I am Al Davis, I can see what the deal was in Cincy and might seriously consider an ML knowing how the Browns ru(i)n their house.

ArmyBengal and I will take the job. We'll instill some military discipline. We may even have Mike Brown himself out there running!

I'd say put him on sand-bag duty, but he'd just F that up and start filling them up with leaves because "they're cheaper and you can't really tell a difference."

Your next head coach will be Paul Alexander after Marvin walks at the end of this season. Marvin doesn't even seem to care anymore. I think Mike Brown has just about ruined his career just like he has everyone else here.

Nah, I think Marvin would get another chance because a lot of GMs would just assume that this putridity is Mike Brown's fault. Especially if he just sort of put it out there that he wasn't behind any of these crap personnel moves. His obvious stance on the C. Henry thing gives him credibility there, as does his quote about Chad, where Marvin said he'd take Chad at his word that he wasn't showing up.

Marvin's doing a fair amount to distance himself from some of the moves that have been made. I don't blame him, I wouldn't want to be associated with them either.