Zimmer's defense

icehole3

SLB - Brandon Johnson

WLB - Keith Rivers

MLB - Dhani Jones

Brandon and Keith both looked awesome last night and I could see them both some how starting the season especially if Brooks is let go.

Lets hear it for D Jax making an impact in limited time...1 sack....1 INT....Showing the rooks...err..2nd yr guys he's still got game.......

As for Rivers.....7 SOLO tackles is impressive, but anytime a guy has 7 tackles and all are solo, you have to wonder where his teammates are on the field? Certainly not around the ball, which is disturbing.

Nevertheless, I am encouraged by their play, as the will only get better, the more they "gel" together.

Random thoughts...

Rivers is as advertised. He instantly became the Bengals best LB the moment the commish called his name.

Sadly, when I look at Pat Sims I mostly see a full diaper. To be perfectly fair, he moves very well for someone as fat and sloppy as he is, but still.

Marvin White served notice to the rest of the NFL. Expect blowups. In fact, expect them often. He didn't have a perfect game by any stretch, but he did enough to make my pulse race from time to time...which is more than most.

Nobody asked, but I think I'd be perfectly happy if I didn't see Robert Geathers line up anywhere but DE for the rest of his career.

Jonathan Fanene is a truly explosive player.....for about two snaps.

Random thoughts...

Rivers is as advertised. He instantly became the Bengals best LB the moment the commish called his name.

Sadly, when I look at Pat Sims I mostly see a full diaper. To be perfectly fair, he moves very well for someone as fat and sloppy as he is, but still.

Marvin White served notice to the rest of the NFL. Expect blowups. In fact, expect them often. He didn't have a perfect game by any stretch, but he did enough to make my pulse race from time to time...which is more than most.

Nobody asked, but I think I'd be perfectly happy if I didn't see Robert Geathers line up anywhere but DE for the rest of his career.

Jonathan Fanene is a truly explosive player.....for about two snaps.

He really needs to work on tackling... :wacko:

Could Brooks look any more uninspired? He isn't going to make this team.

Second that. He played against 2ed and 3rd stringers too and he looked like he'd rather be clipping his toe nails. Honestly I thought I'd read today that he was cut.

As for the rest of the D, too many missed tackles like yester-year. Shows to me that Zimmer has his work cut out. Did anyone say explosive plays? Yeah GB got their share of those too.

But to judge much from the first pre-season game is kind of unfair. Things start getting interesting over the next 2 games. Then we'll know something.

I was not impressed with the D yet either...it seems to be always the same thing with this team and that is tackling, tackling, and more tackling...we know they can generate turnovers, but some open field tackles would be nice...I did like the pressure that they did get at times, can only improve with KRivers and AOdum in line-up...