Carson trashes Coach Tressel and Ohio State !

ratmandu

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this an issue?

It's only a NCAA team affiliation issue. Nothing more.

No it isn't !

I guess a certain USC QB doesnt realize that the family that signs his checks is part of "those people"....

When did Mike Brown become part of the Ohio State University organization?

Why is this an issue?

No it isn't !

I guess a certain USC QB doesn't realize that the family that signs his checks is part of "those people"....

When his daddy became the head football coach at Ohio State.

Why is this an issue?

No it isn't !

I guess a certain USC QB doesn't realize that the family that signs his checks is part of "those people"....

When his daddy became the head football coach at Ohio State.

Why stop there? Why didn't you go back to 1925 when Paul Brown graduated from Washington High School in Massillon, Ohio? I have a news flash for you ratmandu. Paul Brown is dead. It happened August 5th 1971. That's the day he stopped signing the checks.

I have one Bengals jersey...Palmer. On Saturday, Sept 13 I will piss on the thing and then burn it.

The Pac 10 sucks. I go to ASU games all the time...the football sucks, the fans suck and Carson Palmer sucks.

If he put half as much passion into being the Bengals' QB, maybe they'd win something.

Carson...you're a douche bag.

I have one Bengals jersey...Palmer. On Saturday, Sept 13 I will piss on the thing and then burn it.

The Pac 10 sucks. I go to ASU games all the time...the football sucks, the fans suck and Carson Palmer sucks.

If he put half as much passion into being the Bengals' QB, maybe they'd win something.

Carson...you're a douche bag.

Goddam! We have old timers coming out of the woodwork this week! Good to see you again Bill!

As far as your statements alluding to Carson Palmer and your beloved OSU, I'll step aside. Beware though others might not be so open minded.

Ok, seriously, how stupid do you have to be to read into this anymore than for what it is ??

#1. Carson went to USC and if you weren't aware, the two schools don't care for each other.

#2. It was said during an interview with an LA radio station. (See playing to the hometown)

#3. Who cares what he says about the Buckeyes, he plays for the Bengals ??

Would you expect Tom Brady to have nice things to say about the Buckeyes if HE played for the Bengals ?? If you are really that thinned skinned about what a pro football player, supporting his alma mater, has to say about a team that has nothing to do with his current position, then feel free to go support the Browns or Steelers.

Is this really what gets people all stirred up ?? I would think people would be more concerned about how he's going to work with the offense during the upcoming camps then get wrapped up in this media crap. Get over yourselves already. I'm a HUGE OSU fan, but can be realistic about this...

WHODEY !!!

Yeah, some of this is getting a little thin-skinned, but the point is that he could have handled it with more class like we've all been accustomed to with him. He could just as easily have mentioned that he's looking forward to the game and that he thinks USC is the better team and will win, then this topic doesn't exist. It's the fact that he went out of his way to make disparaging remarks about another team that is near and dear to a lot of his fans' hearts. It seems so out of character for him to say that, regardless of whether he's on an LA radio station or BFE. Saying something like that about UCLA or the Stealers is different, if not expected, because those were/are his chief rivals. Had he played Ohio State during his tenure in college, then I could understand, but Brady Quinn and Kellen Winslow both got their asses handed to them, respectively, by OSU in big games and I don't recall either of them saying something like this. Not that they wouldn't, they just haven't.

I just can't believe this has turned into such a huge issue with people.

Some people have this unrealistic expectation that because you play for a team, you turn into a local. Anyone remember the fury from Cleveland when LeBron wore a Yankees hat to a Yanks/Indians game? And that was a lot worse since he's actually from Akron.

Some people want Carson to become an Ohioan. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Another newsflash to some: there are other college teams that Bengals fans support anyway, so there's no reason he has to become an OSU fan even if he started supporting local teams.

Me, I'm looking forward to the SEC handing OSU its ass again after the Buckeyes tapdance through another cupcake schedule, only to discover what real football is in January. Sounds like me and Carson have that in common. :sure:

I just can't believe this has turned into such a huge issue with people.

Some people have this unrealistic expectation that because you play for a team, you turn into a local. Anyone remember the fury from Cleveland when LeBron wore a Yankees hat to a Yanks/Indians game? And that was a lot worse since he's actually from Akron.

Some people want Carson to become an Ohioan. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Another newsflash to some: there are other college teams that Bengals fans support anyway, so there's no reason he has to become an OSU fan even if he started supporting local teams.

Me, I'm looking forward to the SEC handing OSU its ass again after the Buckeyes tapdance through another cupcake schedule, only to discover what real football is in January. Sounds like me and Carson have that in common. :sure:

I agree with everything you said until the last paragraph. In that, you crossed the line. You will be surprised with the Buckeyes this season MR. Kinda like the year we beat Miami in the Championship game when we were supposed to be handed our ass, right?

Why is this an issue?

No it isn't !

Dude, get over it. You got problems.

He's USC alumni. Why on earth do you expect him to NOT say bad things about other programs?

I agree with everything you said until the last paragraph. In that, you crossed the line. You will be surprised with the Buckeyes this season MR. Kinda like the year we beat Miami in the Championship game when we were supposed to be handed our ass, right?

Different team, different time. These days the Big 10 is running on reputation, and it shows when a team like OSU breezes through the regular season and gets crushed at the end twice in a row. Maybe the third time's a charm.

In any event, it's not Carson's job to support them...or the Reds...or UC, or OSU, or Xavier, or UK.

One thing nobody's mentioned yet (that I saw) - be glad Carson has this sort of reaction for the teams he plays, it keeps him mean and hungry. His comments about OSU sound a lot like his quote about the Steelers, where he said he doesn't like their fans, their team, their colors, etc.

The title of this thread is wrong. Carson in no way trashed the Buckeyes or Tressel. He just said he personally can't stand the Bucks, or the over the top enthusiasm of their fans. And he can't wait for his alma mater to play them.

If he had come out and said Tressel isn't any good, that the program cheats, etc., then I'd see it as trashing.

I am thinking we may need to unretire the pejorative "dink" (as ever, thanks HoF) if ratmandu persists with this ridiculous manufactured outrage. At any rate, from Palmer per .com:

"I'm a Trojan all the way, and I was talking to a Trojan audience in California. I guess I got a little fired up, as all good fans will do. But I really do respect the Buckeyes, and I know their fans are passionate, too. I hope they all understand I'm just looking forward to a big game for my school against a very tough opponent, and that it's all in the good fun of a rivalry. You don't have a real rivalry unless both sides are great teams."

Gosh, I sure do hope that is all the "respect" that OSU fans feel they deserve. If, that is, they really feel "respect" is part of the equation in rooting for a team.

Again, I might point out, perhaps tOSU should stop playing the part of the gimp each January to an SEC school and "respect" might be a little more forthcoming in general.

At any rate, Carson thinks the Buckeyes are "great"! They are a "tough opponent"! The fans are "passionate"!

So, respect! Respect to you, Buckeyes nation! Sleep well tonight, knowing no disrespect was intended! And, hey, you really want respect? Tell the team to stop being bitches when it matters and Tressell to stop coaching like a frightened child when he faces an SEC school. THAT would go a long way toward garnering "respect".

Jeebus.

This is ridiculous. Dont your friends who like other programs talk smack to you about the bucks? so whats the difference its all its in good fun and fuels the rivalry and anticipation leading up to the game, when the buckeyes will hand those cheap condoms their a$$es. Cant wait this is our year. Still love Carson its not a bfd.

OH- IO

Updated: 7-22-08, 12:30 p.m.

As for Carson Palmer's comments about Ohio State, Brown chuckled and recalled his father Paul coached two blowouts over USC as the Buckeyes coach in the early '40s.

"He knows where he can find me," Brown said with a laugh. "I don't think anyone takes it seriously. If they do, they shouldn't. Just having fun."

"I don't know if he knows my dad coached them to two straight wins over USC, 33-0, 26-12. If he wants to make something out of it, he knows where to find me."

people need to lighten up! Its a rivalry... He's a USC alum....

Whole of butthurt in this thread. Some must have such carefree lives to be upset by this. He didn't even need a follow up though it was good of him to do so, and more than many of the baaawers would probably do with the situations reversed.

I'd have liked Carson even more if he'd replied with a simple - f**k OSU, especially the sissynanny fans who are complaining - though that would be impractical. Must be a little cringeworthy to other OSU fans.

I dunno, I support a few professional teams across many sports and some college/amateur teams. I like nothing more than to hear hatred in the voice of a player on one of the rival teams. Adds some spice. For example, Carson's comments on the Steelers.

It could be worse, nobody could be talking about you - hello my Canes for last 5 years.

I am thinking we may need to unretire the pejorative "dink" (as ever, thanks HoF) if ratmandu persists with this ridiculous manufactured outrage. At any rate, from Palmer per .com:

Well guess what you perversely obnoxious and disrespectful instigator ?

I am going to continue to persist because what he said was totally said in disrespect and malice no matter what you or Carson says as he tries to backpeddle his way out of his self made dilemma.

He is just trying to dig his way back out of the huge hole he dug himself into.

If what he said wasn't wrong then why is he now trying to kiss up to the Buckeye nation ???

I thought he didn't care about what he was going to say about OSU and Tressel.

Well,apparently he does now !!!

And I'll tell you why smart guy.

It's because this so-called ridiculous,manufactured outrage that you accused me of perpetrating is in fact an actual real and true to life catastrophe for Carson that struck like lightning on a national scale and started a fire in the Buckeye Nation that won't easily be put out !!!

This fire has become so hot and intense that Carson's advisers have told him to put some water on it quick before it gets totally out of control and he gets burned too bad !!!

Well,it's too late now !

The fire has already scorched his reputation with Buckeye fans nationwide and it's too late for any first aid treatments.

And,you stated that this is a ridiculous,manufactured outrage on my part ?

Boy,are you sadly mistaken !!!

Check the newspapers, tv and the internet big guy.

And,as for your expert incite into last years Buckeye team.

OSU lost 9 starters on defense and 4 starters on offense and were in a rebuilding year and were not even picked to win the Big Ten, let alone go to the National Championship game again.

Not to mention that the National Championship game was a home game for LSU !!!

No. A dink.

You, not me, are the one who started the abusive diatribe !

And, I'm not going to get into a childish name calling contest with you or the other disrespectful contributors to this thread.

I would think that you would all agree that this is one of the most active threads that has been on this site in quite awhile.

And isn't that the purpose of this message board.

You don't have to agree with me but you certainly don't have the right to call me names and ridicule me for my views and opinions !!!

[

Well guess what you perversely obnoxious and disrespectful instigator ?

If what he said wasn't wrong then why is he now trying to kiss up to the Buckeye nation ???

I thought he didn't care about what he was going to say about OSU and Tressel.

Well,apparently he does now !!!

And I'll tell you why smart guy.

It's because this so-called ridiculous,manufactured outrage that you accused me of perpetrating is in fact an actual real and true to life catastrophe for Carson that struck like lightning on a national scale and started a fire in the Buckeye Nation that won't easily be put out !!!

This fire has become so hot and intense that Carson's advisers have told him to put some water on it quick before it gets totally out of control and he gets burned too bad !!!