Bengals going back after Chris Henry?

schnarfer

I am all for this I think he realizes the NFL doesn't like him and he better stay straight or he is gone for good. What is the worst thing that could happen he messes up and we cut him. I'll take that chance anyday. Go get him boys. He could take this offense from very good to nearly unstopable. I am very excited.

The worst that can happen is fines TO THE TEAM from the NFL or loss of draft picks. The NFL will now punish teams as well as players for bad off-field conduct.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Simpson and Caldwell are sucking - great job spending two first day picks on guys who can't get on the field Bengals!

That said I don't know why they really need Henry that badly, although Chatman looked terrible Monday night and I'm thoroughly sick of seeing him

Aside from Boldin and Colston, they are the exception that proves the rule, rookie WR's don't come in and make that big of an impact. Especially in the first preseason game. However, the further the season goes, the more they will progress. I think the signing of Utecht makes the third WR position not as valuable as it has been in the last couple of years.

I was upset when the Bengals drafted Henry because I knew he was a character problem and a head case.

That said, you have invested a 4th rnd pick in him and its not like we get a 4th rnd pick back for cutting him.

None of the WR's have stepped up.

Not to mention that Chatman is one of the worst free agent pick up in club history,this guy hasnt been able to make it on the field since he signed.

He is the glass WR and from what coaches say he is the front runner.

I think it would be a mistake to even give him a roster spot.

Chatam is as like to go down the first time he is touched as Henry is to get arrested and kicked out of football.

I was upset when the Bengals drafted Henry because I knew he was a character problem and a head case.

That said, you have invested a 4th rnd pick in him and its not like we get a 4th rnd pick back for cutting him.

None of the WR's have stepped up.

Not to mention that Chatman is one of the worst free agent pick up in club history,this guy hasnt been able to make it on the field since he signed.

He is the glass WR and from what coaches say he is the front runner.

I think it would be a mistake to even give him a roster spot.

Chatam is as like to go down the first time he is touched as Henry is to get arrested and kicked out of football.

Henry was a third rounder...Pollack in the first, Thurman in the second, and Henry in the third...WoW what a great draft

I think that it's clear that this team is trying to turn the corner and get rid of it's baggage that has a been a MAJOR cause of the decline of this team the last 2 years.

I don't care if Henry is the better than the receivers we have now. There are ways to improve and going back to an old mistake would be a HUGE F**KUP!

Why is this so hard to see? I wonder if Henry supporters were also Griffey and Dunn supporters. Look at the BIG picture, guys.

Setting aside for a moment all the character issues, I don't recall Henry having been a big force once he got back on the field last season. In fact, his play came across as pretty desultory, didnt it? I remember people bitching about him running poor routes, alligator-arming passes in the end zone, and generally looking like he was giving less than 100%. He was definitely a stud in '05, but it's been a while since we've seen that guy...

Receiving Stats Rec Yds Yds/Rec Long TD

T.J. Houshmandzadeh 112 1143 10.2 42 12

Chad Johnson 93 1440 15.5 70 8

Kenny Watson 52 374 7.2 43 0

Chris Henry 21 343 16.3 52 2

Reggie Kelly 20 211 10.5 26 0

Antonio Chatman 19 149 7.8 15 1

Having met Chris Henry a few times, I want give a strong "Oh hell NO!" to him returning to the team. He is the worst kind of bad apple. He acts like he wants desperately to impress his friends and his friends are all wannabe gangsters, impressed by hooliganism. And with some money and the ego of an NFL WR it is a bad, bad combination.

Apparently Simpson and Caldwell are sucking - great job spending two first day picks on guys who can't get on the field Bengals!

And our man Hoosier enters from stage left in five, four, three, tw.......

To argue what? That the rule of thumb is that WRs take a year (at least) to develop, so no one ought to be surprised? Well, that's true.

It just never ends, does it?

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...866&id=3167

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Bengals are considering re-signing WR Chris Henry. Schefter cautioned that the Bengals could shy away again if early word causes the public to sound off on the possible signing. Coach Marvin Lewis had previously ruled out the possibility of signing Henry, so he may have recently come to the realization that team's other No. 3 options are inadequate. Henry is suspended for the first four games of the season.

I think this is being blown out of proportion. Some intern probably mentioned "Chris Henry" during a conversation about how Caldwell and Simpson aren't progressing as fast as expected, or his agent called the team and they didn't immediately end the conversation, which makes them "interested". If you step back from the situation and look at it, what NFL team would be stupid enough to re-sign the same trouble-making player they cut just only a couple months ago? The Bengals front office is inept, but this is beyond even them.

I've said this before now, but I think it could be good for Henry to come back. Simpson and Caldwell clearly aren't ready, with Simpson likely a season-long work in progress; He's pretty raw, especially coming from the level of competition that he did. Caldwell was very unimpressive in the first game, although I know it's early for both. I've never really been sold on Chatman. It's been said that he is a dynamic returner, but how valuable is a guy that is apparently only a punt-returner only, is injured more than enough and is 5'8'' in a league where only a handful of guys his size are starters? If this T.J. injury is worse than let on and causes him to miss some time or Johnson is slow to heal (or goes Manny on us, like he has shown he might do, at times), are Bengals fans really confident that the combination of Chatman, Holt, Maxwell and the 10,000 rookies behind them can step in? I personally am not and I think that's the biggest question mark on the offense right now. Chris Henry is still a top-10 NFL TALENT, IMO. All indications are T.J. is gone after this season, so why not sign Chris to a 2-year deal at the league minimum and give him one final chance to salvage his career.

I've said this before now, but I think it could be good for Henry to come back. Simpson and Caldwell clearly aren't ready, with Simpson likely a season-long work in progress; He's pretty raw, especially coming from the level of competition that he did. Caldwell was very unimpressive in the first game, although I know it's early for both.

Two issues: one, if you bring back Henry, you are only adding to the development time of Simpson and Caldwell.

Two, let's say you bring Henry back and he has a big year. He's not going to sign for more than 1 year, I'm sure. Are you prepared o pay him big coin in '09? I'm not.

At the expense of beating this dead horse a little bit more, Ludwig can't hit it anymore on target than this:

I have to hand it to Henry’s agent, Marvin Frazier. He’s doing a great job of keeping his client in the news. Thirty-two teams have the opportunity to sign Henry. None have. That should tell you something.

Folks, here’s what’s happening. Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh are in touch with Henry, telling him how much they miss him … telling him that he’s better than the crop of Bengals wideouts vying for the No. 3 role.

Natch, Henry tells his agent that his former teammates love him and miss him, and Frazier spreads the word — discreetly — to selected members of the media (in this case, NFL Network’s Adam Schefter) that the Bengals are unhappy with rookie draft picks Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell.

Don’t buy it because nothing is further from the truth.

Simpson and Caldwell are steadily progressing, and both will be fine, just fine. As for Marcus Maxwell, Antonio Chatman and Glenn Holt, they might not be filet mignon, but they’re not cheap ground beef or chopped liver, either.

I asked one of the Bengals’ higher-ups about Henry re-signing with Cincy. The response: “IT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON, IF AT ALL.”

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/s...hts_fights.html

At the expense of beating this dead horse a little bit more, Ludwig can't hit it anymore on target than this:

I have to hand it to Henry’s agent, Marvin Frazier. He’s doing a great job of keeping his client in the news. Thirty-two teams have the opportunity to sign Henry. None have. That should tell you something.

Folks, here’s what’s happening. Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh are in touch with Henry, telling him how much they miss him … telling him that he’s better than the crop of Bengals wideouts vying for the No. 3 role.

Natch, Henry tells his agent that his former teammates love him and miss him, and Frazier spreads the word — discreetly — to selected members of the media (in this case, NFL Network’s Adam Schefter) that the Bengals are unhappy with rookie draft picks Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell.

Don’t buy it because nothing is further from the truth.

Simpson and Caldwell are steadily progressing, and both will be fine, just fine. As for Marcus Maxwell, Antonio Chatman and Glenn Holt, they might not be filet mignon, but they’re not cheap ground beef or chopped liver, either.

I asked one of the Bengals’ higher-ups about Henry re-signing with Cincy. The response: “IT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON, IF AT ALL.”

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/s...hts_fights.html

Thank God for that.

I don't care who said what to who or what reporter interviewed what agent - there is no way CH is coming back. Not even sure why this is getting this much discussion.

The idea of him coming back is absolutely ludicrous - whether we need him or not. I don't care if he just made eagle scout and became number one altar boy in the USA - there's no way the Bengals take him back.

Silly