Bengals going back after Chris Henry?

schnarfer

Oh and by the way we knew Hamilton was a special talent, but if you can trade a outfielder for a phenominal starting pitcher like Volquez you do it every time so the situation is not even comparable to letting a mentally challenged chris henry go for 5 arrests and nothing in return but improved image around the league

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand why people are so hard on Chris Henry; We've all done dumb things in our early 20's and like it's been said in a previous post, they were all misdemeanor offenses. I don't think he's as big a gamble as Adam Jones, who has apparently (so far) turned himself around, too.

Really? We've all pointed guns at strangers and hooked up with jailbait? Maybe you have, I skipped out on that part.

And if you're drinking the "reformed Pac Man" kool aid, that says a lot.

Look, anybody can see that he's one of the most talented WRs in the league. But if he can't stay on the field, what good is he?

If you tell me that you never did ANYTHING that could have possibly gotten you arrested when you were in your early 20's, you have lived a boring life, IMO. I'm not justifying the acts of toting pistols or drinking with high school girls, but the fact is he happened to get caught; That's the only thing that separates him from people across the country that do these types of things everyday. The beauty of being American is that this country, in most cases, historically has been good in giving people second (and even third, fourth and fifth) chances to redeem themselves; Just look at the last two U.S. PRESIDENTS!

Here's the thing. I'm not drinking Pac-Man/Adam Jones kool-aid, but give the dude another chance. We're not a communist or middle eastern country. These players have paid there debts for their actions, as debatable as it is to say that. In the case of Chris Henry, he has been without incident for 2 years and I think he is closer to resuming his career than Odell Thurman. What might happen is that his number 15 jersey will be purple and black or brown and orange and we'll see how you feel about whether or not we should have brought him back, then.

I really don't understand why people are so hard on Chris Henry; We've all done dumb things in our early 20's and like it's been said in a previous post, they were all misdemeanor offenses. I don't think he's as big a gamble as Adam Jones, who has apparently (so far) turned himself around, too.

Really? We've all pointed guns at strangers and hooked up with jailbait? Maybe you have, I skipped out on that part.

And if you're drinking the "reformed Pac Man" kool aid, that says a lot.

Look, anybody can see that he's one of the most talented WRs in the league. But if he can't stay on the field, what good is he?

If you tell me that you never did ANYTHING that could have possibly gotten you arrested when you were in your early 20's, you have lived a boring life, IMO. I'm not justifying the acts of toting pistols or drinking with high school girls, but the fact is he happened to get caught; That's the only thing that separates him from people across the country that do these types of things everyday. The beauty of being American is that this country, in most cases, historically has been good in giving people second (and even third, fourth and fifth) chances to redeem themselves; Just look at the last two U.S. PRESIDENTS!

Here's the thing. I'm not drinking Pac-Man/Adam Jones kool-aid, but give the dude another chance. We're not a communist or middle eastern country. These players have paid there debts for their actions, as debatable as it is to say that. In the case of Chris Henry, he has been without incident for 2 years and I think he is closer to resuming his career than Odell Thurman. What might happen is that his number 15 jersey will be purple and black or brown and orange and we'll see how you feel about whether or not we should have brought him back, then.

I don't hate Chris Henry as a person... but he has proven one thing: He can't be counted on as a football player. Too much trouble. Too many issues that could result in suspension.

I'd rather the team move on and rely on and build around guys that aren't a mistake or accusation away from a year off. Henry is a great talent (although I can point to a play against the Steelers where he got drilled and had alligator arms from that point on)... but he just can't be counted on.

I hope he gets his s**t together. He's a human being so I have no ill will for him - I just don't want to see him with the Bengals anymore. He's had his chances. He's made his choices. It's time to move on.

I don't hate Chris Henry as a person... but he has proven one thing: He can't be counted on as a football player. Too much trouble. Too many issues that could result in suspension.

I'd rather the team move on and rely on and build around guys that aren't a mistake or accusation away from a year off. Henry is a great talent (although I can point to a play against the Steelers where he got drilled and had alligator arms from that point on)... but he just can't be counted on.

I hope he gets his s**t together. He's a human being so I have no ill will for him - I just don't want to see him with the Bengals anymore. He's had his chances. He's made his choices. It's time to move on.

+1

I couldn't have said it better.

Oh well, good luck Henry... Mark my word, he'll be a Raven, Steeler or Brown when reinstated. I'd put my chips on the Steelers, which would be great for Henry because they're a team with good leaders that would really help a guy like Chris out. The Bengals... Not so much. I'm gonna hate seeing him play for someone else if reinstated.

Oh well, good luck Henry... Mark my word, he'll be a Raven, Steeler or Brown when reinstated. I'd put my chips on the Steelers, which would be great for Henry because they're a team with good leaders that would really help a guy like Chris out. The Bengals... Not so much. I'm gonna hate seeing him play for someone else if reinstated.

Not even a chance that he will end up with the Steelers. Name any instance where they made such a move for a guy with a history of issues. As much as I despise them, the organization, the fans, etc ... and as much as I know firsthand that they own the town and cover-up trouble that current roster players get into ... they still NEVER take a player that has a history of such trouble. The would be the last team that would look at Henry.

• 3 weeks later...

It just never ends, does it?

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...866&id=3167

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Bengals are considering re-signing WR Chris Henry. Schefter cautioned that the Bengals could shy away again if early word causes the public to sound off on the possible signing. Coach Marvin Lewis had previously ruled out the possibility of signing Henry, so he may have recently come to the realization that team's other No. 3 options are inadequate. Henry is suspended for the first four games of the season.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Bengals are considering re-signing WR Chris Henry. Schefter cautioned that the Bengals could shy away again if early word causes the public to sound off on the possible signing. Coach Marvin Lewis had previously ruled out the possibility of signing Henry, so he may have recently come to the realization that team's other No. 3 options are inadequate. Henry is suspended for the first four games of the season.

I'll be pissed if the resign him. They're fine with what they've got.

If this happens it shows Marvin has ZERO integrity. <_<

Isn't Henry subject to further suspensions from this last run in with the law? If so, why would we resign him if he's going to be suspended?

I would think that this is the last thing that the Bengals would do seeing that if Henry was signed the team would have to cut ANOTHER WR than they would already be getting rid of.

They've got 3 more preseason games to play. Maxwell looked pretty good and I could see Simpson stepping it up in the next few games too.

ERRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNN. Your wrong. We need a better #3. Chad may go into a meltdown mode. C. Henry will not mess up again. He would be the dumbest person on the planet if he did. He is stupid, but not the dumbest on the planet.

ERRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNN. Your wrong. We need a better #3. Chad may go into a meltdown mode. C. Henry will not mess up again. He would be the dumbest person on the planet if he did. He is stupid, but not the dumbest on the planet.

Yeah, I seem to recall you saying that before his last arrest, too. You can't count on Henry, at all. Aside from that, we don't need a #3 like Henry, that is what we signed Utecht for. This team will be fine without Henry. I don't know how you even have faith in someone who's been arrested 5 times in 3 years.

Although I haven't read it, that other thread about the military helping the NFL could apply here. As in the military fires a few rounds through Henry's and Chad's unused brains. Then we'd be spared all this stupid drama that keeps distracting and f**king up this team.

Yeah, I seem to recall you saying that before his last arrest, too. You can't count on Henry, at all. Aside from that, we don't need a #3 like Henry, that is what we signed Utecht for. This team will be fine without Henry. I don't know how you even have faith in someone who's been arrested 5 times in 3 years.

Which last arrest? Are you talking about the one he was aquitted for? Or the other non-factor misdemeanor? He's not on drugs, he hasn't failed any random drug tests. All he did was get drunk and cause a little trouble... No big deal. I did that last weekend myself down in Newport. Good times.

Which last arrest? Are you talking about the one he was aquitted for? Or the other non-factor misdemeanor? He's not on drugs, he hasn't failed any random drug tests. All he did was get drunk and cause a little trouble... No big deal. I did that last weekend myself down in Newport. Good times.

Employers who actually care about their company's image consider "getting drunk and causing a little trouble" to be a big deal. Most people sort of grow out of that.

The point is he keeps getting arrested, he gets convicted rather often, and he hasn't managed to go through a season without being suspended. Even if the Bengals didn't care what he does, the league does, and that's all that matters. You can't depend on the moron.

I am all for this I think he realizes the NFL doesn't like him and he better stay straight or he is gone for good. What is the worst thing that could happen he messes up and we cut him. I'll take that chance anyday. Go get him boys. He could take this offense from very good to nearly unstopable. I am very excited.

Employers who actually care about their company's image consider "getting drunk and causing a little trouble" to be a big deal. Most people sort of grow out of that.

The point is he keeps getting arrested, he gets convicted rather often, and he hasn't managed to go through a season without being suspended. Even if the Bengals didn't care what he does, the league does, and that's all that matters. You can't depend on the moron.

C'mon, now you're starting to sound like Roger Goodell. This is football for christs sake. I could give two s**ts what they do off the field as long as their not killing anyone... Henry isn't the only player that acts like this, he's the one with the worst luck. There are plenty of a-hole athletes out there that are just as bad as him, if not even worse. They don't get the arrests like Henry so they aren't paid much attention to by the media and therefore, by you... Quit feeding off the media and what everyone else says and get a clue man. Open your eyes.

He may kill someone. That's kinda the point. The Bengals really don't need to be depending on someone who is that kind of loose cannon. All that has gotten them is two seasons of disappointment.

I swear there is NO WAY you can take CHenry back, he is just to unstable...I would rather let CPerry and BUtecht get those catches...CHenry has all the talent in the world could be another RMoss if his head was on straight, even badboy RMoss wised up along with trouble making TOwens, but this kid CHenry keeps putting himself in bad situations and sooner or later he won't get out when he gets arrested...

Haven't we already been let down by Henry enough??? What's the definition of insanity again?????

Give the rookies a chance, they've played in 2 weeks of camp and 1 preseason game. I don't exactly remember CJ and Housh tearing it up their first preseason in 2001. Hell, for that matter give Chatman, Holt, and Maxwell some time too. Some of you guys need instant results and gratification. Relax. The offense is the least of the worries.

Be realistic.

You can't just look at a part of his criminal history...this is a guy that was SO DUMB to go out bar hopping with his jersey on and then get into a fight and start waving a gun around at the crowd...that's not just causing a "little trouble."

He wasn't acquitted. Charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. There's a difference. Aside from that, he's already suspended for four games. By that time, Simson or Caldwell could step in and do just as well as Henry can.

As far as getting drunk and causing a little trouble, someone with his criminal history and on their last chance in the NFL shouldn't be out anywhere where trouble can find him. He IS stupid and the Bengals don't need stupid players.