Bengals going back after Chris Henry?

schnarfer

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we don't plan on re-signing Housh? :unsure: But I would like to see Chris come back. Just hope he doesen't get in any more trouble... :wacko:

I think it would probably be best for both the Bengals and Henry to move on. We have a whole bunch of fresh, young receivers, and he could use a fresh start. At least in Cincinnati, Henry has proven that he can't be relied upon.

agreed.

Has anyone set an over/under (or should it be a before/after) on when he'll be incarcerated next? I say within six weeks after the season ends Henry will be on the wrong side of the law (unless he isn't picked up, then it will be much sooner). I do not believe he has the aptitude to learn from his mistakes.

Maybe we don't plan on re-signing Housh? :unsure: But I would like to see Chris come back. Just hope he doesen't get in any more trouble... :wacko:
I have a better chance of a million dollars falling out of the sky and hitting me in the head than Henry does staying out of trouble...

They are already trying to figure out who is going to get the last 2 WR slots and I for one am glad Henry is not one being considered. I like the fact Maxwell has gotten an opportunity during OTA's and then there are the other draft picks besides Simpson and Caldwell that are also big and fast. Who knows, but I concur with moving on !!!

The Bengals should stay away from this line of thought completely and avoid all the BS that will come with it...

WHODEY !!!

If the Bengals resign this idiot, it may be the one thing that pushes me over the edge and makes me wash my hands of this franchise forever.

The guy has proved time and again that he can't be counted on, so why would they even consider this?

Name one felony this kid has ever been convicted of? Your bashing the guy over misdemeanors dude, dumb little misdemeanors, get REAL.

The guy has proved time and again that he can't be counted on, so why would they even consider this?

Name one felony this kid has ever been convicted of? Your bashing the guy over misdemeanors dude, dumb little misdemeanors, get REAL.

Green, you're right in that Henry hasn't been convicted of anything other than poor judgement. However his poor judgement keeps him off the field, and if he ain't on the field then he can't be counted on. Look, I hope and believe that Henry will eventually get hold of his life and stop acting the fool. However until there is a different sheriff in town other than Goodell, then he's on the wrong side of the only law that counts in the NFL.

His slates clean and he is as talented as they come... I would sign him in a heartbeat if he was reinstated... I still don't really get why the Bengals couldn't have been more patient.

More patient? Are you kidding? How many suspensions is too many? I realize all his brushes with the law have been minor, but that's not why they cut him. They cut him because they knew he was facing another suspension. The issue with Henry isn't how bad he acts, its how often he acts badly. If anything the Bengals should stay away from re-signing him because they know the Cincinnati and N. Kentucky police are on the lookout for him whenever he screws up.

If the Bengals resign this idiot, it may be the one thing that pushes me over the edge and makes me wash my hands of this franchise forever.

You mean like waving a gun around in a crowd? Giving booze to teenagers in a hotel room? And what do you suppose happened between Mr. Henry and said minors in the hotel room?

You can look at this two ways. First, he's a loser with no self control who is a recidivist criminal. You don't want to have to depend on such people. Second, even if you're right and such issues aren't a big deal, the NFL disagrees with you and they have the power to suspend him. And that's all that matters.

And since when are a bunch of misdemeanors on your record "no big deal"? I don't know about you, but I don't have any.

There's a Carson Palmer interview up at espn.com. There's nothing in it of any particular note, mostly just a case of Carson giving conventional answers to stupid questions. But at one point he's asked about the impact of character issues, and replies to the effect that, you can have these guys on a team, but not at positions you're going to build around. Again, nothing earth-shattering there, but it gets to the point of why bringing back Henry is a bad idea. All you do is invite having your passing game blown up if Henry gets in trouble again, and he's shown absolutely zero ability to stay on the straight and narrow.

Taking the dude back is probably the biggest joke the Bengals could play on themselves. Could you imagine us resigning the dude, THEN he getting arrested AGAIN?

I would cringe at the thought of what the media would do to us in that situation.

Where there's smoke there's fire. Should we be more tolerant because he has misemeanors instead of felonies?

I am going to guess that you are under the age of 25.

He has Hall of Fame potential. That's why the Bengals are taking another look. Wide receivers with his size, speed and second gear don't come around often. There is only one I can think of in the last 20 years and that would be Mr. Randy Moss. I really don't understand why people are so hard on Chris Henry; We've all done dumb things in our early 20's and like it's been said in a previous post, they were all misdemeanor offenses. I don't think he's as big a gamble as Adam Jones, who has apparently (so far) turned himself around, too. People need to realize that T.J. will not be a Bengal next year.....or if he is, that means Chad will most likely be gone. I would love to see Chris back.

How long do you think it will be before he's in trouble again? Or do you think that's he's finally turned over a new leaf? I'm sorry, if he hasn't learned by now he's not going to. He's not worth our time anymore....

Sometimes, it takes people to hit rock bottom for them to smarten up. A potential year long suspension, termination from your former employer and a house forclosure when you have a new child are as close to rock bottom as it gets! Minus the beer bottle incident, he has been situation free for over a year and the aforementioned incident was thrown out. Hopefully, after Josh Hamilton, Cincinnati realizes that truly special talent doesn't grow on tress. It is definately a risk/reward situation but in the NFL, you have to gamble. All the greats had some type of question about them at some point in their careers. Show me one that didn't in the last 30 years or since I've been watching NFL football.