NFL player Randy Moss kicks off his Nascar career

BengalszoneBilly

Who'd a thunk it? :huh:

Moss Motorsports makes debut at Kentucky

SPARTA, KENTUCKY — Randy Moss Motorsports makes its highly-anticipated NASCAR debut this weekend at Kentucky Speedway .

The record-setting New England Patriots wide receiver, who formed Moss Motorsports in April, will have 2007 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Rookie of the Year Willie Allen behind the wheel of the No. 81 Chevrolet Silverado for Saturday’s Built Ford Tough 225.

“This is something that I have looked forward to for quite a while now,” Moss said. “I am a big fan of the sport and to come out and debut this new organization in Kentucky is pretty darn cool.

“My group of people have all worked hard for the last six months or so in making this a reality, and I can’t thank them enough.”

Moss anticipates that the team will run selected races through the conclusion of the year. The partial schedule is a prelude to a full-time campaign in 2009.

Moss, a 10-year NFL veteran, has been a NASCAR fan for several years and recently has sponsored a local dirt track program. He also is a Goodwill Ambassador for the Urban Youth Racing School and furthers his youth advocacy while holding the same honor with American Youth Football.

Allen will be making his second career start at Kentucky after finishing 15th in this event last year while driving the No. 13 Chevrolet. He started 17th for the 150-lap event.

Allen’s start this weekend for Randy Moss Motorsports also marks the 30th career start for the Nashville native.

“I’m very excited about the opportunity to drive the Kentucky race for Randy Moss Motorsports,” Allen said. “Randy Moss is definitely a proven winner and I feel that he brings a lot of passion to the race team.

“This is a great opportunity for me and I am very grateful to Randy, David Dollar and everyone at Chevy for giving me the chance to be behind the wheel of the No. 81 this Saturday.”