Look who changed his mind

jjakq27

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like "Ocho Cinco 2.0" is the version that swallows his pride and comes into camp like everybody else. I'll say it once again, if you ignore all the contradictory things he says, this is not unlike a garden variety contract squabble. I doubt this is the "end" of it in the sense that Chad's act is pretty clearly becoming one where he just demands that people pay attention to him and not to what he's actually saying. I clearly recal him saying he wouldn't play in Cincinnati again -- and here we are. So, he'll come in to mandatories and camp and probably do a half trillion interviews all the while talking about how badly he's being mistreated. Whatever....

Dont you guys love how ESPN breaks the story on Chad and SI breaks the story on Odell. What the heck are Curnette and the rest of the cincinnati reporters doing? They have no insight, no drive and just wait for stories to run in other papers, and then copy most of the quotes and claim it as their own.

I think we all knew it would come to this, but I am some how dissapointed in the fact that he's going to be allowed to be a bengal again, I know we arent the franchise of the nfl by any means, but I hold cincy in high regard and would hate to see ocho stinko allowed to put on that jersey that i cheer so hard for.

Dont you guys love how ESPN breaks the story on Chad and SI breaks the story on Odell. What the heck are Curnette and the rest of the cincinnati reporters doing? They have no insight, no drive and just wait for stories to run in other papers, and then copy most of the quotes and claim it as their own.

The Enquirer really doesn't even have a real sports section or local presence any longer. Curnutte doesn't really do much of anything and provides absolutely no helpful info beyond his opinion. Been that way for a while now. Most of the locals are lap dogs who just want to keep their jobs.

I think we all knew it would come to this, but I am some how dissapointed in the fact that he's going to be allowed to be a bengal again, I know we arent the franchise of the nfl by any means, but I hold cincy in high regard and would hate to see ocho stinko allowed to put on that jersey that i cheer so hard for.

Yeah can't say I'm excited about another year of distractions and not showing up against tough opponents, or in big games.

He may be right about the Bengals' lack of desire and competence/willing to spend, but he goes about things poorly.

It is a joke that I go to the Cincinnati paper last to see any breaking Bengal news. I'm not sure though that it is any different in other cities. I just think that the national media outlets have so many more resources and connections that they find the info first because they can. <_<

"WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR" to quote Mick from Rocky2. You know what was funny that I heard the other day from the great Pat Kirwan from Sirius is that Chad was complaining to Marvin about his contract and then Marv went to Mike Brown and got Chad the extension. That's why Marvin was pissed. This does speak to the whole locoal coverage, but I think when you're talking about local guys they don't/can't burn any bridges and if you report something you shouldn't I'd bet you could screw yourself. At least he's getting this humbling part out of the way. This will cut the circus out next week if he would show or not. This season is shaping up and Marvin is the BOSS again.

I like how he says he went out to California to "Act"

So I'm sure for him to "save face" this was all a part of his "Acting"

I'd give him an Emmy nomination for true Comedy only because he made a fool of himself. And I'd like to have the chance to shove "Oscar" up his arse.

:excitedgroup::excitedgroup::banana::partyhat::band:

No, seriously, is the scene where the team, Marvin, the fans and the media all bow and praise the mighty Player for deciding to grace the team with his presence and hands this season? As far as I am concerned, I'll take him off of my 'Fredo' status, but he's going to have to show me a heck of a lot before I'll say his name again, and it is way too soon for me to 'let bygones be bygones' and embrace him.

Just know this; he's on double secret probation around here. He opens his trap once to the media; he dogs one play; he goes off on Palmer on the sideline--he's Fredo for good, with no chance for redemption as far as I'm concerned.

This really could have been dragged out a lot longer. It seems like it's over now, he does look like an idiot and he has alot of explaining to do in that locker room. Not to mention the bar just raised on Mr. Big Shot. Dropped passes like the one in Buffalo will no be forgiven for Ocho 2.0. He had a free pass because he was the lovable Chad. Not anymore.

I have mixed feeling about his return. He's a great player and can make a difference. He can also be a distraction. I can tell you one thing. He won't be on my fantasy football team this year!

Yeah, color me surprised, intrigued, and skeptical all at the same time. I have to admit that I feel more pleased about this than I thought I would; I don't want to welcome him or the ensuing media circus that will come with him. I was ready to move on without him, especially in light of the PFT report that he'd show up but tank routes and try to piss people off. But at least he's finally starting to say something that ins't 180 degrees from the proper way to handle his discontent. I know I stand to get burned by this, but if he's willing to play up to his potential and be the All-Pro that he can be without his "Ocho Cinco" personna, I'm willing to gamble so the rookies can gain some seasoning instead of the baptism by fire that I thought would be the case.

I like how he says he went out to California to "Act"

So I'm sure for him to "save face" this was all a part of his "Acting"

I'd give him an Emmy nomination for true Comedy only because he made a fool of himself. And I'd like to have the chance to shove "Oscar" up his arse.

Was the Super Bowl in California this past season? I guess he was acting when he was on press row and on every talk show that would have him.

He remains a cancer in my book - one best kept seperate as much as possible from the rest of the team

he is a cancer that needs to go, maybe worse than the villain dillon. eff ocho stinko

chad is living off his reputation now. His best play is in the past....yeah he made the probowl last year but only after about ten receivers begged out.

What, did he find religion?

the guy is junk. no matter the skills, he has shat too many times where he sleeps. he has defecated on the fans, the team, the city, everything!

F him.

If ML had any sack, he would bench dung-for-brains for the season.

Mark's Blog During the Odell Drama - Chirp, chirp, chirp

Mark's Blog During the Chad Johnson Drama - Chirp, chirp, chirp

Mark's Blog During the Armageddon - Chirp, chirp, chirp

Hey Mark, did you ever notice what happened to John Fay's rep when he started using the blog more actively? Or C. Trent? He got his next job on the strength of his blog alone. You could argue it contributed to Hobson's current stint too. (For better or worse). Wake up and smell the coffee.

:excitedgroup::excitedgroup::banana::partyhat::band:

No, seriously, is the scene where the team, Marvin, the fans and the media all bow and praise the mighty Player for deciding to grace the team with his presence and hands this season? As far as I am concerned, I'll take him off of my 'Fredo' status, but he's going to have to show me a heck of a lot before I'll say his name again, and it is way too soon for me to 'let bygones be bygones' and embrace him.

Just know this; he's on double secret probation around here. He opens his trap once to the media; he dogs one play; he goes off on Palmer on the sideline--he's Fredo for good, with no chance for redemption as far as I'm concerned.

I would love nothing more than for Hall, DJax or JJoe to knock him on his everloving @ss during drills. Like something out of Paper Lion or North Dallas 40 just to let him know where the team stands.

“If we want to be like Indy and New England, we have to pay for difference-makers on defense,” Johnson writes for ESPN the Magazine. “Our offense is fine. But if they’re fussing about paying me, a guy among the league’s best, you know damn well the Bengals aren’t (going to) give the defense what it needs. So I just said, `If we aren’t (going to) do what we need to do to win, can I please leave?’ It’s simple. I just told (them): `If y’all won’t change then I have to.’”

Pretty much sums up why I have had Chad's back through this whole ordeal. Not only is he a beast, he speaks the truth about upper-management.

“If we want to be like Indy and New England, we have to pay for difference-makers on defense,” Johnson writes for ESPN the Magazine. “Our offense is fine. But if they’re fussing about paying me, a guy among the league’s best, you know damn well the Bengals aren’t (going to) give the defense what it needs. So I just said, `If we aren’t (going to) do what we need to do to win, can I please leave?’ It’s simple. I just told (them): `If y’all won’t change then I have to.’”

Pretty much sums up why I have had Chad's back through this whole ordeal. Not only is he a beast, he speaks the truth about upper-management.

At least he said it, its about paying him. Pay him and he is happy to rack up 1400 yards, drop some passes and run some bad routes in big games. It won't be long before he starts demanding TO money.

How long until people who called for his head are saying, "I never disliked Chad...I was just frustrated with him"? His first 200 yard/2 TD game?

I still have my white authentic 85 jersey, but I will never wear it again, regardless of how well he plays.

Yeah, we're aware that for you, if Chad speaks, it's written on stone tablets carried down the mountain.

The rest of us? not so much.